Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!
For the best car insurance rates online, go to the general and loving hell I hate that commercial.

And then there is this one too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1qWoOljtjE
If you can pause it at 0:08, and read the fine print, a $5,000 loan at 116.73% APR for 84 months. I'm ashamed to be a fraction of Indian heritage, and a little piece of me died the first time I saw this commercial.

trunkwontopen fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jul 13, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

Obeast posted:

Also, am I the only one who hates those Vonage commercials with the creepy constantly smiling couple that look like they're from the 50s who welcome their new neighbors with a puppy or pie bundled with an expensive phone bundle? They're not that funny and the woman especially creeps me out when she smiles.

No.

raditts posted:

I wonder what's she's doing these days, the last time I saw her was in Vice City.

According to this website, and its a little outdated, she's predicting that you might be buyin' a car in Florida.

trunkwontopen fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jul 14, 2012

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

No More Heroes posted:

Progressive isn't very progressive.

They can't be. I have no idea how my insurance increased when I moved from Saginaw to a smaller town outside of Grand Rapids.

And, talking about Beats audio, I have to nitpick that commercial with the guy running, playing that "Feel so close to you right now" song. One of two things has to happen, either he is a loving moron that doesn't know that Rio Vista is a brisk 4-5 minute walk from his apartment door, or he has that song on repeat while he is jogging. Commercial doesn't make a lot of sense, and I get that AT&T wants you to feel so close to being lost in the music. Either way, he needs to feel so close to a bus that runs a stop sign.

trunkwontopen fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Aug 2, 2012

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

Tupping Liberty posted:

I like the Olympics one better, where the guy listens to the Iliad. Come to think of it, though, I'm not actually sure if they're selling the same product.

That one is a more appropriate alternative than playing a sample from "song of the week."

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!
Speaking of cars, I'm disturbed that they decided to scrap the puppet for a CGI animated version of Carfox. I liked the Carfox puppet. I would buy a Carfox puppet if I found one and throw a Carfox party.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

Capn Beeb posted:

Hey Jimmy and Ronny. Could you do me a big favor and jump up your own asses and die?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mREXE2JxQo

That'd be fantastic.

As long as they played that little guitar ditty while doing so, that would be just perfect.

I get the run of the mill of bad commercials, recording various shows on my PC while I'm at work during the day. I constantly see this gem of a commercial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha6j2nKF4fk
Master P telling me to go back to college MAYKUM SAY UHHH NYAH NAH NAH NAAAAAAAAAH.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!
The lights the lights the lights that light the lights that light the lights the lights that light the lights the lights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BQM9o6rFUg.

These Kmart ads make me want to punch myself in the face with a steak knife the knife the knife that knifes the knife the knife the knife that knifes.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!
:downswords: I'm in a band and I need to post a status update on my facebonk page but my 3G phones don't use data anymore which means that I need to update my phone to 4G data speeds so now that I can do that, do you want to be our manager? :choco:

I understand that there is a drive for cell phone providers to move their customers from a 3G phone/plan to a 4G data plan. But these commercials as of late make it sound like that as soon as 4G gets lit in a metropolitan area, those that are on 3G are signalfucked.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

Capn Beeb posted:

Hey.

Whoever decided it'd be OK to play those tortured animal commercials with Christmas music instead of the standard early warning...whoever the gently caress does the normal music at THREE IN THE loving AFTERNOON.

Be a dear, and jump up your own rear end and die.

They seem to be playing these commercials in between the updated K-Mart 'surprise' commercials that feature a remix of a Christmas tune (I forget which song). But, while watching A&E Monday night, it was every other loving commercial.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

Parasol Prophet posted:

I am disheartened that that "Happier than Eddie Money running a travel agency" Geico commercial is still on. It's not so much the song (although I hate that song), it's the two people persistently trying to remind him of what they really wanted, as if they don't recognize that he's singing a song.

:v: I've got, two tickets to pawadise, pack your bags, we'll leave tonight--
:geno: Um, actually it's next month.
:v: --Two tickets to pawadiiiise!
:geno: No, four.

Either he's joking with you or he's too far gone and has no idea where he is! All five of you shut up and go away!

The saddest part of those commercials is that, since these movies generally get bad/negative reviews, they virtually show every "funny" part of the movie in 2-3 different versions of the commercials.

Content:
STUPIDSLOWDIRTYPC!

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!
"No one comes around my growing family...without a background check."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6boeAfMhao

This commercial just further installs a sense of fear into the "strangers" of your neighborhood. I'm sure things happen, and perhaps this website has thwarted off a bad egg from someones life on more than one occasion, but come on. OH NO MR. HEATER REPAIRMAN, I can't let you on, because you are NOT VERIFIED! SUCURETY BREECH!

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!
Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to put down your little word game. I'm sure your friends will understand.
Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to put down your little word game. I'm sure your friends will understand.

Good lord, USA Network. I'm trying to put off my Quiz that is due today, by watching a Law and Order:SVU Marathon, but they feel the need to play that Geico commercial every commercial break. Yeah, Its a pig. On a plane. Got it.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!
Russell Simmons followed in Montell Williams footsteps and how has one of those "debt" commercials on TV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnzSF9gKgRQ
Featuring the PrePaid Visa!

It's like these people's money runs low from being so popular in the 90's/early 2000's, and need some spending cash. So they resort to hocking something.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

yippeekiyaymf posted:

I cannot remember if it was an ad for welchs grape juice or breyers ice cream, but they had an obnoxious kid who would read the ingredients from a competitor product and perfectly pronounce the chemical ingredient names and then mangle "natural" because kids are cute and look how he can't pronounce a simple word. loving drove me nuts he could pronounce 30 letter chemical words but not natural. I get it was suppose to be a play on words for nature but annoying as poo poo. gently caress you stupid kid and advertisers.

It was Breyer's Ice Cream. Can't find the specific commercial, but here is a somewhat similar one from the 80's:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-GlBK82nuA

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!
The AT&T commercials with the little kids.
"Which is better: More or Less?" And then the one girl rambling on and on about nothing that makes any sense what so ever and the AT&T guy is following along because that is what makes the commercial adorable and smart, right? I would like to see less commercials and more actual TV shows.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

Did they really use the gong sound from the Mortal Kombat song?

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

AFewBricksShy posted:

You posted a picture of a dick, FYI.

Yeah, that wasn't cool, QuickbreathFinisher.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!
Someday, He'll call her and she will come running and fall in His arms and the tears will fall down and she'll pray, "I want to throw my TV into traffic"

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

raditts posted:

Recently while watching the late night talk shows I've noticed a bunch of local commercials that start with "WE KNOW WHY YOU'RE AWAKE!" then proceed into the spiel for the local farmers market or bail bonds or boner pills or whatever. They come on like 4 or 5 in a row but they're for completely different products. I googled for it and this is apparently a pretty widespread thing - it looks like all these youtube links are from North Carolina and I live in Pennsylvania.

Has anyone else encountered these? My TV constantly assuring me that it knows why I'm awake is kind of creepy, and the ironic thing is that none of the commercials are for things that would ever be keeping me up at night.

Trade you. I see a bunch of "Injured? Wrongfully terminated? Do your pants fit? Does your neighbor's dog? Better Call Ernest P. Amblancechaser, Attorney At Law" and "Come chat now with lost of hot women that can't wait to talk to you for only 4.99 a minute its so hot are you touching yourself you should be mmm bad boy" commercials. I should really stop watching ABC Family after dark.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

dijon du jour posted:

A couple months ago I was up really late doing homework with friends and we had the TV on tuned to SyFy in the background. At around 2 or 3 am literally every single commercial was for either a "cam girls" website or a penis pump. It was the most surreal thing. :psyduck:

SyFy. Imagine greater!

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

I saw one of those commercials earlier in the week. These, as well as the Woolite torture commercial, are ads I can admire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj87E-bc3xE

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

Young Freud posted:

Haha, one of the linked videos is a behind-the-scenes featurette for that commercial where you find out that Rob Zombie directed at least the Torturer segment of that commercial.

Holy crap. I noticed that Rob Zombie-esque material came up after the video was done playing, but didn't connect the two. I wonder how they approached him for the idea.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

Gonz posted:

Turkey bacon is loving delicious.

Yes it is.

The HTC One commercial really needs to stop. Turn up the lights! Turn up the lights, turning up the lights the lights the lights that light the lightsjh lkhsdfsurd ousdlkksdh. Not you can take your phone into a public place, and entertain your two friends while irritating the surrounding masses with your amusing choice of music.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

I've seen this commercial multiple times in my hometown, which is mostly farmland, so I understand the demographic, but also in my new location, which is the second largest city in Michigan, surrounded by suburban homesteads and $350,000 apartments. The first time seeing this, I thought I was either on a local, closed circuit channel, or in the middle of a sketch comedy show.

Let's ad some content:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4Lwh8KMfzc

At first I thought these commercials were cute, but now they are just getting obnoxious. I see these 10 times more than the legit, Most Interesting Man In The World commercials as of late.

trunkwontopen fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Oct 6, 2013

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

raditts posted:

The only thing I hate more than people making up stupid loving non-word portmanteaus like that is when twitter hashtags pop up on the screen for some high-larious thing someone just said or did on screen. I'm pretty sure that Quiznos commercial has both of these.

I yearn to go back to the days where this wasn't suggested from the company after seeing the commercial. #memories #getoffmylawn #fpoon

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

DrBouvenstein posted:

If I have to hear "Midnight Rider" one more time from that loving Geico commercial, I swear to God I will flip the gently caress out.

I'll deal with two times the airplay of the Geico "animated gecko" commercial if they would remove this one off the air.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!
The "King" commercials are getting on my nerves. They make one app that does really well (Candy Crush Saga), develop a new game that uses the same formula (Pet Rescue Saga / Farm Rescue Saga), and advertise it on TV, only to make more money to develop new games using the same formula (Annoying TV Commercial Saga, Anal Salad Bar Saga, Bird poo poo Saga). It's a cycle that won't stop.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

Rirse posted:

I already hate those commercials for that reason, but it also helps they are a very greedy company who tried to copyright the word candy and used anyone who used the word "Candy" or "Saga" on itunes, including Banner Saga, a fantasy strategy game.

They are capitalizing on the classic match three game with a slight variance. Right down to the core, its just another bejeweled clone. And, I'm with you; there is no Saga. The story behind the games are your basic "match these jewels to save _____ from the evil ______." But, the levels get harder, and that's where the micro transactions come in! That's where the money lies; the first hit is always free.

And the kicker of these cutsey, bubbly commercials? They show them during Law and Order SVU, and other real-life crime shows with graphic dramatizations of murders.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

DJExile posted:

While the money watches.

The money, or the guy on the motorcycle/boat that is made out of money?

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

Gonz posted:

Y'know what? That song was god awful, but to this day, I still remember it. And in the world of TV advertising, that's the main goal: To get people to remember your commercials.

I can't remember any other McDonald's commercials since then. As far as that company goes, all that i've ever retained from watching their ads is the "Two All Beef Patties Special Sauce Lettuce Cheese Pickles Onions On A Sesame Seed Bun".....and the Filet-o-Fish song.

Amplifying your message, McDonald's had a contest a looong time ago, featuring the whole "Two All Beef Patties Special, etc" song. A record came with a meal (yes, record) and it featured a chorus of sorts singing that song. If you had the record where they completed the song, you won the grand prize. I still remember that to this day. Anyone else?

edit: I spell like garbage when I'm ill.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

Gonz posted:

Yep. It was clip of the week on The Soup a couple months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X1bc4kNLHI

Oh jeeeeeezus. They are making her out to be some type of godlike creature. Wasn't one of the "highlights" of that show a few years back a clip of her ripping a car door right off it's frame?

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

RMZXAnarchy posted:

You still get G4? What obscure cable system do you have? I stopped getting it in December.

EDIT: Nevermind, I don't like how my post was typed out.

trunkwontopen fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 23, 2014

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

I always wonder what happens to people that play those types of commercials, if they get razzed by their friends. Like, they call her up and say "Hey, girl! What's buzzin'?" Or, like the one dude that played in an erectile dysfunction, Allstate (his car gets crushed by the tree branch), and Vonage (he steps off the train) commercial within the same year. I can't imagine what his friends/family do to poke fun at him.

gently caress, I pay too much attention to commercials; all the lovely ones that I wake up to (2-3pm) are all lawyer, scam college, and/or single mom commercials. I can't find the one mesothelioma commercial that says if you have died to call some lawyers firm.

trunkwontopen fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Mar 23, 2014

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!
Back to vacation mode.
Boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and knife and slash and cut and trim and bacon and eggs.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

computer parts posted:

I'm already seeing ads for ambulance chasers regarding that under-arm testosterone treatment they were advertising a year or so ago (turns out it doubles your risk for heart attacks), turns out it wasn't that good of an idea.

I've seen 2 types of these commercials, each one signifying a completely different set of side effects. And yes, the one that mentioned death still wanted you to call them if you have died and are interested in getting a portion of their lawsuit winnings.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

FuzzySkinner posted:

I guess Honey Maid/Kraft released an ad featuring gay and bi racial couples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xeanX6xnRU

Of course as you can imagine they got flooded with angry tweets by anti-gay/racist folks.

But they double-downed on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBC-pRFt9OM

Kind of weird to see such things now a days in commercials, but it's a good kind of weird. :unsmith:.

That's awesome, haven't even seen or heard of this. I don't know if it was posted in this particular thread, but there was a Cheerios commercial that featured a interracial couple and a little girl that pours Cheerios all over her dad while he is asleep on the couch. People were angry at that commercial as well, but some took it a step further and turned it into a children's social experiment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VifdBFp5pnw

If I saw the Honey Maid commercial, I wouldn't have even noticed the undertones.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!
That's not how it works.
That's not how any of it works.
I unfriend you.
Shrug.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

SpookyLizard posted:

Grandfathered unlimited data owns.

To an extent. I get sales calls from Verizon about 3x a month, tons of junk mail announcing new phones and the like, attempting to convince me to switch to a newer faster phone. What they don't understand is that it makes no sense for me to switch to a plan with 2 GB of data for $35 more a month.

Content:
:D :D GO CRESTOR! :D :D I realize that we live in the "are you suffering from condition x? then take pill y" age, but come on, this commercial is so obnoxious. The rest of them are extremely smarmy, however, when this one comes on, I change the channel.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!
I would like to know what single-digit moron at Aaron's (lease to own furniture store) thought the auto-tuned singing girl commercial would be witty and hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!
I know that the "Tips from a Former Smoker" commercials are supposed to be shocking and all, but I really don't need to see a guy shoving a toothbrush into his throat at 4:30 in the afternoon while I'm trying to eat spaghetti. I'm not even a smoker.