Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions

DrBouvenstein posted:

Because adoption isn't a thing people can do?

Do you not understand how having two white parents with an Asian kid might distract from the purpose of the commercial?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
OH GOD THE CREEPY SNICKERS COMMERCIAL WITH THE KIDS IN THE OLD LADY COSTUME IS BACK! :gonk:

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
I want to murder the people that came up with the Bod Man fragrance spray commercials.

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
There's something very creepy about the Snapshot from Progressive commercial.

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions

404GoonNotFound posted:

Actually, it's a reference to two iPhone prototype models in a row being revealed ahead of schedule due to the tester accidentally leaving them in a bar. It led to some big legal battle between Apple and Gizmodo a couple years ago, IIRC.

I think the first two suggestions are much more likely. Apple isn't going to make a commercial with the joke "remember that legal battle? :haw:"

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
Love, Samantha. :bang:

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions

muscles like this? posted:

I think that's just for general volume level as a whole, not just loud noises in commercials.

Nope.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/dec/13/entertainment/la-et-ct-calm-law-goes-into-effect-20121212

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions

muscles like this? posted:

That doesn't say anything in regards to what I was talking about? I meant that the law was to make it so that commercials can't just be generally louder, not that they can't have singular instances of loud noises, which that says nothing about.

It says exactly that.

requires broadcasters to ensure that TV commercials maintain the same volume as the entertainment programming in which the ads are contained.

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
The Bar Rafaeli ad just made me want to go take a shower. What in the world were they thinking? Creepy.

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions

raditts posted:

Recently while watching the late night talk shows I've noticed a bunch of local commercials that start with "WE KNOW WHY YOU'RE AWAKE!" then proceed into the spiel for the local farmers market or bail bonds or boner pills or whatever. They come on like 4 or 5 in a row but they're for completely different products. I googled for it and this is apparently a pretty widespread thing - it looks like all these youtube links are from North Carolina and I live in Pennsylvania.

Has anyone else encountered these? My TV constantly assuring me that it knows why I'm awake is kind of creepy, and the ironic thing is that none of the commercials are for things that would ever be keeping me up at night.

Yeah, same thing here. Norman, OK.

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions

FuzzySkinner posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1aBsDc-ck0

You're going out to trick or treat. You really don't need a smartphone, tablet or gadgets. Go have fun, and spend time with your family.

One of the Kardashians might tweet tho

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions

razorscooter posted:

"how do we get the youth into cloud based data protection"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7IsqW3e_v4

I don't know what the server or whatever at 0:29 is supposed to be doing but judging by the expression on its face I don't like it.

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
Because of all the miscellaneous poo poo that's fallen down there?

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions

Vicas posted:

it comes up every few weeks and it is beautiful

I don't think they've updated their ad in years, too

I think the low budget look is intentional. Because country folk don't want none of yo slick Madison Avenue graphics!

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Apple has officially released the most obnoxious commercial ever created. Turn off the tv, no need to keep watching.

They just show their new bigger iphone from several angles while idiots who can't sing in key vocalize "Also sprach Zarathustra" for way too long.

gently caress you, Apple. Just....gently caress you for so many reasons.

EDIT: And it's not just apple. The Samsung Note commercials where they just read obviously contrived tweets and poo poo in response to this phone release by Apple is equally obnoxious. Can we just ban all advertisements for phones?

(and medications, cars, fast food, laptops...........)

Then we'd only have those Sarah McLachlan puppy ads. :saddowns:

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
The newest version of the Kate Upton Game of War ad (where she gives a rally speech and leads them into battle) has CGI so bad it's distracting. It's not even necessary so why attempt it?

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
Thank you for being my hero... and my dad... :geno:

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
Select Quote :argh:

"CJ is 41, he quit smoking in the past year. Now watch as he gives the creepiest stare EVER at the little boy sitting next to him."

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions

FuzzySkinner posted:

The most effective ads are the ones that simply show people dying of lung cancer and all the health problems that are caused due to smoking.

Want to scare the poo poo out of someone? Do that.

The whole "SMOKING ISN'T COOL" doesn't work. Though I imagine that's the point of the RJ Reynolds funded "TRUTH" ads.

They pay for the ads but they don't have any choice in who makes them or what the content of the ads actually are

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions

The Merkinman posted:

What wrong with an ATM Machine? It's where you use your PIN Number.

ATM already contains the word machine. Automated Teller Machine. So it's like saying Automated Teller Machine Machine.

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions

Vicas posted:

To be fair I could totally believe DirectTV is just as bad as Comcast at signal reliability, customer service wait times, and picture/sound quality

DirecTV is about a billion times better than Comcast in every way.

Actually, it's more than that. One of those flip books of a rock rolling down a hill is about a billion times better than Comcast in every way.

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
That's a BOLD statement! :haw:

Mary! :argh:

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
The Vistaprint commercial where the dad hands over his bakery to his son is just disgustingly cheesy. I want to throw something at the TV everytime I hear the song start.

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions

rockinricky posted:

The radio ads that sound like a talk show coming back from a commercial. Yeah, right, like I'm going to believe that a talk show about mortgage refinancing took a break to play Mandatory Metallica. Yes, I listen to a station that still does Mandatory Metallica.

They don't call you rockinricky for nothin'!

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions

Vicas posted:

I really love the apparent use case here. You happen to notice that in one particular walmart in bumfuck, nowhere, USA this one item is super popular (at the time you happen to be there), and this is clearly enough to make you realize that their stock can only go up up up. You have literally no time to consider the investment because you need to scan that poo poo and get trading NOW

This is pretty much how your average retail investor operates, which is what they're after.

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
"So, why the Marines?"

Well, judging by the people I know who went into the military: because they had no better loving option.

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
What exactly is this Advance Auto Parts commercial getting at?

Guys who use discount cards are pussies?

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions

PT6A posted:

Hey Febreeze: spring isn't in the loving air! It's literally as far from spring as we can get (within a week or two, I suppose). I hope next time that fucker stands in front of his window, he takes a large crow straight to the goddamn face.

Uh, isn't the point of the ad that you can make it smell like Spring, even when it's not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
Seriously, gently caress whoever came up with the Geico Peter Pan commercial