Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

YouTube is inundated with ads trying to get you to pay for no ads or whatever. It's awful, but they're personally trying to drive me mad. I live in NH, and one of my senators must have made a big ad by as there's an unskippable Jean Shaneen spot that runs before nearly 75% of videos I try to watch on YouTube. It's 15 seconds and it's not like I personally dislike her or whatever, but the ad closes with a man with a perfectly square head who speaks in a Peter Griffin accent saying that Shaheen "protected shipyahd jobs, when Trump wanted cuts" and I can't watch it again. I'm going to have to start using a VPN on my phone until election day is passed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Yeah, I do most of my youtubing through my playstation, xbox, or phone. I could set up a media pc or something or spring for ad free, but paying Google seems like a sucker's move as they already have more money than god and im broke

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

I live an hour from Boston and the sam adams ad is pretty awful, though the irish language tattoo gag is pretty spot on

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Sash! posted:

Desert Storm is grandpa age now.

poo poo, there are absolutely War on Terror grampas out there by now

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Sash! posted:

The window is still pretty narrow for there to be a lot of them, but the math works.

DrBouvenstein posted:

There was a tweet or other social media post that went mildly viral a few months ago of a picture if a young soldier in Iraq or Afghanistan and serving with his father who signed up when the war started, or right before.

So considering like 80% of those serving in the middle east have a dependa back home carrying their baby*...yeah, I'm going to say there's absolutely war on terror grandpa's.

*In all likelihood, the baby's actual father is the soldier's best friend from high school who was smart enough not to sign up.

i signed up for the army in January 2001. In March 2001, my high school girlfriend had a pregnancy scare. Had she wound up pregnant, I definitely would have married her (fairly strict christian) self as it would have been the "right thing" for a young buck army man to do. if said imaginary child did the same thing i did, i would have been a grandfather before the age of 40 lol.

poo poo, that would have made my teen mom mother a grandmother at the same age i am now lol. thankfully, she got a reprieve...until 2006 when my brother knocked up his high school girlfriend

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Rahonavis posted:

Both of these ads give me anxiety. (And so does the singing hood ornament, but I can’t articulate why exactly.)

This might be a cheat because it’s local, but imagine having to see and hear this horrible screeching imp during every other commercial break:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps7Wged7l9M

lmao i didn't have cable when i moved back to nh and hadn't seem these ads. i went to this dealership to look at a stinger and the place was festooned with artwork from these commercials and my wife and i were unnerved. this is the first time I've seen the actual commercial, so goddamn you

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Cosmik Slop posted:

Do YouTube ads count? I am sick to the point of homicide of seeing that smug, stringy-haired prick going YOU'RE NOT A DISH! YOU'RE A MAN! Like, I really don't ever want to hear the phrase "man meat" and I especially don't want to hear it from you, fucker.

They're the loving worst and I didn't mind when my wife sprung for premium even though it means giving money to goddamned google

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Yeah it is a full-cast performance. My wife liked the audible thing so much she sprung for the box set of the comics. Apparently, the first audio book covered maybe 20% of the comic run. Haven't listened/read it yet but she suggested I listen to it before I read it so 🤷