Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

Aatrek posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H_BwyiwbB4&hd=1

I am in love with the McDonalds girl
She has a smile of innocence (ohhh, so tender and warm)
I am in love with the McDonalds girl
She is an angel in a Golden Arches uniform

And you can buy the song on itunes! wooooo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

I know this is the hate thread, but I saw this in the theatre yesterday and loved it. Probably will start to hate it with time, but for now, I still think it's pretty fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HrQbjPjbBA

Even more cats!

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

raditts posted:

I'm more annoyed that there are still multiple commercials airing right now that use the Mac/PC "two people standing in front of a white background with tinkly music where one is all :cool: hey check out my awesome product! and the other is all :downs: duh-hyuk I'ma argue that mine is better but you'll show how dumb and wrong I am!" format. It wasn't clever when Apple was doing it and it's even less so when you do, T-Mobile, Kindle, and lovely local bank.

Agreed, it would be good if this format died already.

Although, as a kindle owner, I do prefer this commercial to the "let's race around the city and be REBELS! while passing around our Kindle!" commercials, or the lady with the expensive sunglasses. Now that I think of it, the Kindle advertising has been pretty awful.

I like the stop-motion ones, but the music in them gets annoying fast.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

eggsovereasy posted:

I kind of want to punch this kid:

Tell me this kid is not like, 28.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

100 Years in Iraq posted:

That's actually kind of funny. What channel/timezone did you see that on? I can't imagine them ever playing it around here, people would be up in arms.

I saw it last night during the Soup, that 10pm and E! so a pretty safe time.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Gonz posted:

New favorite commercial (that will never air on TV here in the US):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvgYAwDORo4

Edit: Nvm, didn't see spoof.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

This kind of goes back to the woman screaming about the cell phone spider.

Fred Meyer is the Pacific Northwest branch of Kroger, and they are doing these horrible commercials, super low budget, featuring "price blasters." I've seen three or four different variations, but they all make some loving annoying sound right at the start of the commercial. One is a UFO making an alarm type sound.

Why make a commercial that seems to set out to make people wanna change the channel?

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

I HATE the cellphone commercial, so much that I can't even remember the company, where the husband comes in and says, "I got us a messaging plan" or the like, and the wife says, "and where is this nonexistant money coming from" and then something to the effect of "I should have married [some name]."

What a hateful bitch. It's not funny, at all, she just comes off as a hateful bitch. I guess this is taking the "dunce husband, smart wife" routine to the next level?

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Jubs posted:

Really? I think the construction workers are the worst. The black guy has a full sandwich when the other guys play Rock, Paper, Scissors. They play one round, turn back to the black guy and he had EATEN THE WHOLE SANDWICH IN FIVE SECONDS!

There's a longer version of that commercial where they argue about how to do it (on three or go) and then do best two out of three. I saw that version first, and only once. It makes more sense, but it's also more grating.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

So Old Navy took "Let's talk about Sex" from Salt n Pepa and made it into "Let's talk about jeans".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLv2in866rM

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

I have an odd commercial question, I've noticed that a couple of different companies have started using Youtube footage. Are they paying people for these?

Wasn't there something recently about how it's legal to use tweets about products in commercials without paying? Maybe this falls under the same thing?

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Doomsday Jesus posted:

"Hey you've lost weight!"
"Thanks for noticing."
"How'd you do it?"
"Whole grain."
"Whole grain?"
"Whole grain":smug:

This. You could say "These magic pills" with the same amount of explanation.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Notgothic posted:

So, this Cheerios commercial. I guess I don't hate it as much as I hate its overuse, but my brain kind of seizes up every time because it can't tell if it's seeing a three year old or an obnoxious midget hipster.

Is this just an old commercial or did they reuse the "that's for babies" but with a different kid? I swear this commercial was in heavy rotation awhile (like 4 years) ago, but I remember the kid being different.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Maybe I'm the only one in TVIV that watches E! more often than just for The Soup, but man MAN this commercial is annoying.

Mostly for the repeated pronunciation of sublime as "subleem"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3p5uFChQFs

I get that Loreal is French, but saying it like that when the rest of the commercial is in English, and the announcer has one of those "typical American" accents just sounds ... weird.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Black & White. Ahh, that was a fun game :allears:

But I could never get past the third or fourth world.

I always ended up having my pet be good but my hand was an evil claw. Sometimes you just gotta get poo poo done...

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Fortis posted:

Some year during the holiday season, Hershey is going to run an updated 'Kisses-as-Bells Play We Wish You a Merry Christmas' commercial instead of the one they've been running since the early 1990's.

2011 is not that year.

I thought they played Carol of the Bells?

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

404GoonNotFound posted:

Don't forget the bitchiest daughter ever in the latest eBay ad

Good lord, I just saw this commercial for the first time. I hope to god HOPE TO GOD they didn't buy a lot of airtime for it.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

I know this one got mentioned recently, but the Target Black Friday lady needs to die in a fire.

If only because she's trying to be Jerri Blank, but richer.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Doomsday Jesus posted:

This is one of the dumbest ads out there right now

I swore it was fake at first, now I know it is legit. It is one of the stupidest loving things out there. How can a company think this was a good idea?

But blankets are SO HARD!

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Sash! posted:

I demand to see what horrible disaster occurs in black and white world when someone attempts to cover themselves with a blanket.

They're in the video that was just linked!

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Glenn_Beckett posted:

This old Navy Critter Hats commercial is the creepiest thing I've ever seen.

The one with the scrooges? Doesn't seem THAT creepy.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

enigmahfc posted:

The brother and sister in that Folgers coffee commercial just need to go ahead and screw because they sure are throwing around some "gently caress-me" signals.

"You're my present..." yeah he is.

Wait, that's the one you guys are talking about? Jeez, she's like 14, how can you read that as sexual?

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Since we were talking about the Samsung galaxy commercials, I just came across this today. Apologies if it's been seen, it was an ad in France. Click especially if you like tutting. For the record, I'm posting this as a great commercial, not a baddie.

http://youtu.be/AFJlIVSARsE

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

GutBomb posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKcN54birRA

You're pretty dark if you get kill out of that though.

Agreed, I think that's a pretty funny one, actually.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Farbtoner posted:

High school kids see a ton of R-rated movies, both in theaters and on DVD when they release the unrated cut that you don't need an ID to buy. It looks like some execs said "Hey, a bunch of teenagers loved The Hangover, why don't we make a version of that specifically aimed at teens? And we'll make it a found footage movie since kids love their YouTubes! Cocaine for everyone!"

And, at least at the high school I teach at, it's got lots of buzz, so the formula must be working.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

I guess I missed these, but Stubhub's "ticket oak" is just...creepy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwUlWpacmEA&feature=relmfu

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Sash! posted:

Actually, they used to own the name Aspirin.

They had to give it up because of the Treaty of Versailles.

Really.

Which Treaty of Versailles?

Edit: nvm, it's Treaty of Paris that's ambiguous.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Surprised to see no complaints about the new Svedka ad. Sexy robots bother me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Stj4fKMkesU

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

My favorite localish fast food is Burgerville. OR/WA represent.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

The new KFC ad where the grandpa and grandson are arguing and start to choke each other over what side they are going to get, and then the family walks in with all their food like seconds later.

Why are they arguing if the family already went and got the food? Their argument has no purpose.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Dbeatles34 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEnSkv5M8rs
the Go-Go's are rolling over in their grave...

I can't even tell what they're saying over the chorus? "Know what they need?" Agreed. Dumb. Which means my kids will all be singing it come september.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

http://youtu.be/e44BJ8kEsUs

Woo! screw you, Little Caesars.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

I guess I'm kind of glad that texting and driving is getting the same attention as drinking and driving, or not doing meth or smoking cigarettes.

The commercials may be annoying but they raise awareness. I teach in a small rural community and we had a former graduate die because she was checking a text and her car was hit by a train (it was one of those stops that doesn't have the bars that come down). It led to a fairly extensive "X the Text" campaign at our school.

Honestly, working with teenagers, repetition is good for them.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

trunkwontopen posted:

They can't be. I have no idea how my insurance increased when I moved from Saginaw to a smaller town outside of Grand Rapids.

And, talking about Beats audio, I have to nitpick that commercial with the guy running, playing that "Feel so close to you right now" song. One of two things has to happen, either he is a loving moron that doesn't know that Rio Vista is a brisk 4-5 minute walk from his apartment door, or he has that song on repeat while he is jogging. Commercial doesn't make a lot of sense, and I get that AT&T wants you to feel so close to being lost in the music. Either way, he needs to feel so close to a bus that runs a stop sign.

I like the Olympics one better, where the guy listens to the Iliad. Come to think of it, though, I'm not actually sure if they're selling the same product.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

I get that advertising during the Olympics is a great opportunity. And, I really want to see Wreck it Ralph, it looks funny. But Disney, please stop showing commercials for it NOW when it doesn't come out til November...

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Same reason McDonald's is also a major sponsor?

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

iamathousandapples posted:

That new Accucheck Nano commercial has to be one of the most irritating pop songs I've ever heard. Something about her voice and those lyrics just grates my ears.

No joke, went to bed with that stuck in my head last night.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

yeah this was linked to me on Facebook - pretty brilliant, and so so creepy!

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

The youtube ad I seem to be getting before every. single. video. is the "Is he texting and watching video at the same time? What are you doing? I'm texting and watching video at the same time." grrrr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Allrighty, here's one I like in moderation 1., because :3: , 2. Because the girl is pretty much an Emma Stone doppleganger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1sT7QV8nfU