Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

Nut Bunnies posted:

Makes sense since she grew up in a rich, well-off part of The Bronx.

She wasn't in NYC for the commercial. They used a body double for the NYC shots. The scenes that actually show her were filmed in Los Angeles.

Yes, she couldn't even be bothered to fly to NYC to film a commercial that is about how loving proud she is to be from The Bronx.

Also, I heard that the car broke down during filming. I dunno if that is true, but I hope it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

ElwoodCuse posted:

How? I have both and it never removes the ad without removing the actual content.

No idea, but with Adblock I haven't had youtube ads since... well, ever.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

Gonz posted:

Bruce, no!

What have you done, Bruce?!?! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwCQS62AjSg

It looks like you'd have to dump an entire container on your head if you had a huge bald spot.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

muscles like this? posted:

I just saw the most insane commercial. It was Hugo Weaving doing an ad for GE's medical equipment division doing it all in an Agent Smith costume.

That single commercial is better than both sequels combined.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

fizzymercy posted:

God yes. Those annoy the poo poo out of me. There's one (yeah, there's more than one) with a guy that eventually ends up looking like a gigantic, punchable rear end in a top hat and every time it airs all I can think is "NO ONE WANTS TO gently caress YOU, SHAVE THAT poo poo.

Worse still, if you pay attention, they're shaving their body hair as well. Just stop it. Now.

The other commercials that are currently annoying me are the match.com commercials. No bitch, your dog is not excited about your dumbass date. Shut up.

I'm a somewhat hairy dude, so everytime I see a guy on TV or a movie with absolutely no chest hair I roll my eyes like crazy. I don't care if people waste their time doing so, but if people didn't know better they'd think that is how most men look.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

kittenmittons posted:

That stupid ad for some heart medication where there's an old guy driving and the GPS says go left at a fork in the road and the guy says, "I don't think so." :smug:

THEN WHY ARE YOU EVEN USING THE GPS, rear end in a top hat?!!!

Xarelto Bob is already a thing at the pharmacy I work at. He's just so happy he doesn't have to take that damned rat poison and stop by his doctor's office every week anymore.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

muscles like this? posted:

I think its for getting clothes that are like they're ironed but out of the dryer or something.

I've always just tossed dress shirts in with a damp towel or whatever and pulled them out after 15 minutes and let them hang dry.

Not as wrinkle free as a real iron, but decent.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

piratepilates posted:

Yeah the idea is to take out this lovely looking club that doesn't look like anything else in your bag, put it under your little bib thing, jiggle it around a little while covertly unscrewing the cap and inserting your penis, spend a minute or two (or more considering its marketed towards olds) just standing there pretending to line up your shot while an odd sound of liquid filling a container is present, then jiggle around a little more to get those extra drips of pee out and screwing the cap back on, after that all you have to do is put this club back in your bag, get out your other club and take the shot in half a second.

Easy! Why wouldn't that look normal?

The good news is that most older people are so drugged out of their minds on painkillers or benzos that they don't really give a poo poo about anything anyway.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

Barudak posted:

Its part of their hilarious product relaunch where they're trying to appeal to Millenials because their studies told them that Millenials know what Prosciuotto is. I'm not joking about that. Chasing Millenials while cutting costs is the same reason KFC now has no bones in its chicken so prepare to experience the joy of being targeted to by people who don't really understand data.

I for one am glad to see the millennials paving the way for food in pill form.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax
I have an iPhone 5 and I hardly use the stupid thing. I'm turning into a luddite.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

Vicas posted:

Yes, and just like in that ad, no doubt

I have heard younger college students actually say "hashtag" out loud. Many times. I'm only 5 years older than they are but it is completely alien to me.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

ILL ON PZONES posted:

Dude they are trying to gently caress up Office. Last time I thought about buying it, they didn't even want to sell it. They want you on Office 365, which is a cloud app you have to pay monthly/yearly for, and they also want you to be using their cloud storage service which is totally different than Google's because we're Microsoft and we promise we won't use your data to compete against you/sell to advertisers/the NSA.

My university switched to Office 365, and I'm sure they aren't the only ones to do so.

But I can't believe just how stupid it sounds. A monthly/yearly fee for Office? What the hell is this poo poo?

As for commercials: gently caress that K-Mart ad for all eternity. Holy poo poo that thing pisses me off.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax
Yeah, the Susan G. Komen foundation sued a prostate cancer foundation for using the "for the cure" slogan. It's just insane at this point.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

Cyril Sneer posted:

There's like three commercials using that lovely "Feel it All Around" song by Washed Out. How does that happen? How do three commercials all simultaneously glom onto the same four year old song?

It's on the intro to Portlandia. I know that is where I found it.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

Gonz posted:

Literally no human beings ever went up to this woman during the naming stage of this product and enlightened her regarding it's possible secondary translation. Nobody.

I don't know if that makes me happy or sad.

Have people never heard of dump cakes before this or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax
It started with a whisperrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

:suicide: