Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

The Miracle posted:

Look! Randomness! I'm just like the Old Spice guy!

Look at that thing! People are goldfish so I'll point out every mundane detail of our WAAACKY commercial! Otherwise they might miss that the cloud is talking or that my torso is on backwards!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

FlamingLiberal posted:

The Joker: Year One

"Do you want to know how I got this smile?
My father was... a homemaker, and one night he goes and stirs up a bowl of pudding, laughing while he does it, and he turns to me with the wooden spoon and says "Why so serious?""

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
There's a commercial involving a kid getting SUPER STOKED for "Social Media" and "The Almighty Cloud" on his phone. What loving kid says things like that?

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

unhwillneverwin posted:

Plus they made this same loving movie six months ago with Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher. Very creative, Hollywood! :bravo:

To be fair, they just coincidentally started filming a few months apart. Two writers had the same idea at the same time.
I'm not saying that either of them are good, I'm just suggesting that Friends With Benefits is not ripping off No Strings Attached. They just have the same concept by chance.
e: :goonsay:

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Iron Crowned posted:

I can't say I've seen the comercial in question, but for the record, Wendy does exist, or did exist, she's Dave Thomas's daughter.
:goonsay:

Unfortunately, from what I can find there's no evidence that she does the actual voice, so yeah the people are talking to the fictional version.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

SlothfulCobra posted:

That Charter internet commercial where the girl talking to her parents is subtitled with what she really means bugs the hell out of me for some reason. Maybe it's because her expression looks so totally fake and inhuman.

Yeah, none of the charter commercials have ever really been good, but that's a special case because it's on all the time and it keeps playing off the "hahah the dad has no mind of his own" thing that they seem to love. Also the dialogue is really forced and, certainly, inhuman.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
I don't like this Sonic commercial;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGOgU3JUpEU&feature=related

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYt3Pc0V5zc
So, I dunno, is it the hip new thing to advertise in a threatening manner to children nowadays?

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
SCREEAAAAWWWW I'm kickin' coney- and so forth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opTjHUv8pDA
gently caress Sonic.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
I think KFC has forgotten what "famous" means. You can't suddenly make something more famous on a whim. This is not how things work.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
I can't decide what's funnier about the ads for "The Journey 2: The Mysterious Island"

1. That the title sounds like "The Journey to the Mysterious Island" and I thought there was just an awkward pause the first time I heard it
e: 2. It's a sequel to Journey to the Center of the Earth starring Brendan Frasier, but with apparently no relation to it outside of the name
3. The song they used to open the ad is about teenage suicide
4. The irony of the title of that song being "Make it Stop"
5. Another "The Rock" adventure movie
6. The Special Effects

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 18, 2012

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

PIckle Toes posted:

There is a Charter commercial for high speed with a boy named Timothy that freaks me right out. I can't find it on Youtube.
Timothy looks like he just stepped out of "The Shining" to be addicted to the internet, and all the cats in the neighborhood suddenly go missing.

I want the dad to come in an just scream "TIMOTHY, SHUT THE gently caress UP" except it's supposed to be in the kid's head so I shall go wanting.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
I want to hate the new Wendy's commercials but they're not any worse than the old ones. Also that girl has pretty hair.
HOWEVER, this is pretty much all bad; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUXuaN_IKT0
Saw it the first time this morning, and then throughout the day. This is going to be the bane of my existence.

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Apr 15, 2012

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
To whoever's been doing this, please do not play the sound of a car horn blaring over the introduction to your radio ad. Some people listen to the radio while driving, it's pretty jarring.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
BEFORE 9 AM

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Orbitz, stop implying that this old lady is going to rape the pool boy. That's very upsetting to me.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Why has no one brought up the smug bullshit Gold Bond started airing?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NGhJKrmQdE
I don't know if I'm just overreacting to nothing but god I want to punch this douchebag in his stupid smirking face.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

muscles like this? posted:

Really getting tired of the Scary Movie V commercials.

Really? What's not to love about commercials where the only thing that's actually a joke is ripped right out of Idiocracy without the context?

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

raditts posted:

Don't worry, once the Scary Movie 5 ads are over I'm sure there will be plenty of Hangover 3 ads to replace it for the next month.

Oh, you didn't know Hangover 3 existed, let alone that it's coming out next month? You're welcome :unsmigghh:

Woah woah, let's not be too hasty, there's a chance that Hangover 3's commercials will be tolerable.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Ugh this loving radio ad for McDonald's. I think it's for a new wrap they have? I'm not 100% sure. Whatever it is, apparently random obnoxious sound effects play whenever you take a bite of it, making it the least appealing sandwich possible.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Anyone who's been watching anything on Blip has probably had to deal with Home Depot's latest abortion of an ad campaign, where they're trying to cash in on the popular internet cats going around by making their own "wise cracking" internet cat. I almost didn't want to talk about it because it's so pitiful but I have to know that I'm not the only one who's putting up with this poo poo.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Has eBay FOR THE WIN come up yet because murder me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Capn Beeb posted:

gently caress everything about that poo poo. I thought "hurrr <thing> for the win :xd:" finally died off. Surprised they didn't throw in an EPIC WIN for good measure.

I would think that since they were self aware enough to have that guy throw the ad to 'mother' at one point they'd be self aware to know that no one would like this guy.