Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

packetmantis posted:

The new Papadias from Papa John's look loving revolting, and in one of the commercials the annoying narrator says "chunderdome" as a positive thing. Does no one there know what chundering is?????
I don't know if the Papadia is supposed to be the "Italian" version of a quesadilla or just a personal pizza folded in half, but you would think it was such an amazing innovation based on how the narrator talks about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

YeahTubaMike posted:

Oh dear god why :gonk: Weren't Progressive commercials good once upon a time? Their marketing department either got complacent or got too coked up.
Flo used to be very beloved by the forums

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

That70sHeidi posted:

The Lays ad with the bug eyed lady from Blackish is the woooooorst. She does all the cutesy voice overs for the products she's drooling over and it's insufferable. The country twang for bbq is just... someone told this woman (who I know is famous and has a famous mother and I can't think of it right now) that she is precious a few too many times and she believed it.
She is Diana Ross' daughter, which isn't enough of an excuse for her being so obnoxiously unfunny in that ad

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
"Hey Hamlin - I like your PJs! :haw:"

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Just saw a commercial for Coke Zero Sugar that was intended to be ASMR but it actually did the opposite for me

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

YeahTubaMike posted:

Is Geico the one with the commercials about not turning into your parents? Because tbh I love those. :haw:
That's Progressive, and they're one of the very few legitimately funny commercials about insurance.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Hector Delgado posted:

Those Grubhub ads with the Pixar rejects dancing to an annoying song can go gently caress themselves
Out in Colorado we have similar ads for King Soopers where they're dancing to "Apple Bottom Jeans". If you told me 13 years ago that a hit song by T-Pain would be a commercial jingle for a local grocery store chain I wouldn't have believed it.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I knew Kroger bought out King Soopers via Dillon but never realized it happened that long ago (thought it happened in the 90s)

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Just popping in to say that I really hate the latest Progressive commercial with Flo at the laundromat

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

YeahTubaMike posted:

Same, but I don't know what exactly rubs me the wrong way about it, other than the whole thing. Like, I can't pinpoint what exactly I hate.
For me it's when Flo ruins the moment where the nerdy girl is having her dreams come true when her crush is approaching her, followed by Flo humiliating her at the end.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
IIRC 3D Doritos have the same consistency as Bugles

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
On-ly Dai-sy Cot-tage Cheese will dooooo

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I think it's pathetic whenever a fast food chain decides to go after McDonald's in a commercial. It makes them look bush league.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Sash! posted:

I always think this about Pepsi. Coke never says they're better than Pepsi. They're just Coke, an unassailable juggernaut. They don't need to try to say they're better because you already know that they are.
Believe it or not, back in the late 80s/early 90s Coca-Cola used to run ads touting that Diet Coke was better than regular Pepsi which...made absolutely zero sense since they were comparing apples to oranges

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

YeahTubaMike posted:

I want jingles to come back. Ban twee covers of pre-existing songs, ban variations of pre-existing songs, ban pre-existing songs altogether -- reintroduce jingles to the masses.

Nick Jr. Face posted:

On-ly Dai-sy Cot-tage Cheese will dooooo

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Also "NAPA know-how" was a top-tier jingle

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Speaking of commercials from the 50s and 60s:

https://twitter.com/twothickscoops/status/1363009267142447107?s=19

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

LadyPictureShow posted:

Would you accept pizza on a bagel on a pizza?

It's pizza-ception!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Unkempt posted:

Can your dad not do his video chat right?

Don't get mad, get ETrade!

Because then, you can... buy a better dad? Or something?
It doesn't matter if a commercial has absolutely nothing to do with the product being advertised as long as you remember the name of the brand at the end. That's why we still get those loving GEICO commercials.

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Mar 11, 2021

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

hopeandjoy posted:

Maybe they’ll finally start dying the pad commercial fluid red instead of blue...
I think they've already started doing that. Someone here brought it up pages ago.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I said it before but Progressive's "don't become your parents" commercials are the funniest of the lot. Everything else reeks of unfunny try-hard

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Sash! posted:

Also this is the all time champ of insurance commercials https://youtu.be/RXKqdi0Wp0E
I forgot that this commercial existed and it owns. If only GEICO could display the same level of creativity in their other commercials.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JHToDvA3M8

I hate this commercial so much

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
It's this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di60NYGu03Y

\/\/ :tipshat:

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Mar 26, 2021

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm not a big fan of the commercial myself but she is hardly out of tune. They're both singing in harmony; she's just on a different scale.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I hate this particular commercial with a passion. And it's in every ad break when Im streaming.

https://youtu.be/t72nquFeCQQ

I hope this woman drops her drat phone down the sewer
My dad - being born and raised in India - absolutely loves this commercial

E: lol of course comments are turned off

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The one time I cracked a screen was when it came into contact with a pebble as it hit the ground

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkNGHUuNNcM

gently caress old navy

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Might as well bring back online poker and legalize it if you've already done the same thing with online sports betting since, you know, they're both considered gambling

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I've seen the new McDonald's commercial with the teens on a date several times now and I still can't figure out what the girl mumbles

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Hello 1992

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
There's a commercial out for SeatGeek where some dude's buttocks are talking and it's very unsettling. Kudos to whatever ad agency for making me remember the brand I guess.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

DerekSmartymans posted:

Is it like Ace Ventura,”Lemme ‘rear end’ you a question?” Or is it a full on CGI animated talking butt? I am intrigued, so I offer my Kudos to the ad agency as well.
Basically his butt is talking by alternating movements of each cheek, if that makes sense. I'd post the video but I can't find it on YouTube.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
YOU ARE

I AM

WE ARE

:wrongful: :fuckoff:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I've always wondered if the red bears and blue bears are actually the same family or two different ones

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah I've seen a few of those commercials using ASMR and they do the exact opposite of their intended effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Maxwell Lord posted:

Burger King’s “whispering” ad is really annoying
thank you