Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Yeah, every second of that commercial is about dicking. Congratulations for cracking the DaMagnum code.

Gonz posted:

This one is new. It's only been playing a few days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrmsSbojBVI

I definitely recognize that parrot's voice. I think he's better than that kind of work, but I guess money's money, especially for non-unionized voice actors. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Can we complain about online advertising here? Because god drat am I sick of ponies.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

It is a true classic.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

I don't think so. The natural, geological forces of the planet on which Cars takes place make mountains in the shape of cadillacs. It'd take more than a few days in the tail of a comet to do that to Earth. :spergin:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I don't know which does which. All I know is the cars, which are alive, ride inside the planes, which are also alive.

which is horrifying.

Pretty sure Cars showed living military jets flying in formation over the racetrack at one point. I bet their missiles are alive, too.

Briefly, gloriously alive.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Moose Bigelow posted:

Not really an ad as much as bad marketing but Dr. Pepper has started a campaign distributing tee shirts that read I <3 DP.

Wowzers.

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jun 15, 2011

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

MindlessHavok posted:

On topic I loving hate Gossett VW of Alpharetta in Georgia simply for these commercials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXzLLw86NRE

Never seen it before, but the tag-line ("charging forward") convinces me that the Unnamed Rhino is a repeat-character for their commercials. Which means this commercial's humor is self-referential, and therefore even worse than it initially appears.

Still better than Squeeky, though.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Arnold of Soissons posted:

So…the women are excited because now they can drink Bud Light and eat each others muffs without some icky boy cooties interrupting them?

Bud Light: for losers who want to pork aliens and lesbians.

:stare:

I didn't get a lesbian vibe from that at all, just "thank christ we don't have to deal with those assholes anymore, let's have cool parties forever." It's still dumb, sexist and childish, just like "ugggh listening to women is terrible," but if anything the women are being stereotyped as disinterested in sex.

e: hahaha, I just noticed that one of the women in the crowd at the end is a soldier, that's pretty cool

Quandary posted:

I mean I'm not a feminist

Really? That's pretty hosed up.

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jun 19, 2011

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

It's almost as if there are different people responsible for the production of the beer and the commercials for the beer.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

If you think there's no consciously arranged sexual subtext to that commercial, you've lost the media analysis game.

Also, I feel like I was just complaining about this, but there are even more pony banners now.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Android Blues posted:

Doy. It has nothing to do with condoms, however. It's just the old standby of "women have a sexual attraction to chocolate". Saying that it's meant to make you think about condoms is insane.

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood. But Magnum also means large or big, condoms are one of the cases where that usage is common (can't think of a common modern case where it means "grand" or "impressive, actually), and the lady puts a big chocolate cock in her mouth, so it seems like a reasonable leap to me.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

gently caress those hipsters, that waitress rules.

Wait...hot pockets is going for the cool crowd?!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Extreme or hipster: you be the judge.

e: to be fair, the too-cool-for-school demographic has been targeted by advertisements for worse things than mayonnaise-replacements.

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jun 27, 2011

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Who doesn't love adorable kittens? :shepface:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

SamBishop posted:

Still, it PALES in comparison to that utterly hosed up furry commercial running lately. I'm open minded. I have my kinks, but they're at least based on what I thought was at least a normal female form. What the gently caress?!

I'm not sure I want to know, but what are you talking about?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

SamBishop posted:

I hate both of you so much for having to look this up. Everything about it gives me a full body shiver.

WHAT THE gently caress AHHHHHHHHH

I don't know what it is, I don't care what it is, I just want this loving commercial off my goddamn TV.

Hahahaha holy poo poo that was so much worse than I could have ever imagined. I thought it would be something like the french furry Orangina ad, but no, that travesty has been dethroned.

I bet it was made by a film school graduate lashing out at the commercial culture that employs them in a Bamboozled-esque ploy to stick one to the man and/or get thrown out of the business. Look at the camera angles, the image quality, the sound effects, the humiliating/scatological details, the over-direction...a lot of professional frustration went into this commercial for stain-and-scent remover (?).

That explanation - that this commercial was made to punish us for watching it - somehow makes it better for me. By which I mean, I can't stop laughing at how awful it is.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Maybe it's a hilarious ARG, and we're just to scared to search for the fake product's website.

I'll take whatever rationalization I can get.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

raditts posted:

I just saw this on TV, and I definitely did not see the end coming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxW_ZCd64tg

Well, it certainly isn't my favorite Summer's Eve joint.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

AA is for Quitters posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H5rGuxW3gQ

That poor woman just looks so afraid to be manhandled by the "sexy blacksmith" type dude.

I see the ripping off of Old Spice Guy has begun in earnest.

Actually, I thought it was kinda funny. (liquid gold)

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Chrome tells me I've seen it before. Probably in the old thread?

What the gently caress is he squawking for at the end? Either way, he does not compare to Squeeky.

mearn posted:

Old Navy has some terrible ads all the time, but their latest round of song parody ads are terrible.

And this one in particular: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLv2in866rM
What. The. gently caress.

That led me to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c3_fH9HXXY

Everyone should have pockets that fit things. :mad: (though they probably shouldn't wear cotton sackcloth like that guy does)

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

I thought that was the point: they're so put out by the "racism" they face, when actually they're just reskinned SoCal Upper-Middle-Class White Guys who take their ~feelings~ too seriously.

If you've ever asked who was the target market for their tv show: it was totally me.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Doomsday Jesus posted:

"Hey you've lost weight!"
"Thanks for noticing."
"How'd you do it?"
"Whole grain."
"Whole grain?"
"Whole grain":smug:

"I pooped it out."
"You pooped it out?"

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Public Enema posted:

For the Swedish goons:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSeajBgBtvY

What the gently caress kind of currency is a ":-"?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Public Enema posted:

Swedish kronor in this case.

Actually, I misspoke: I should have said, what kind of currency mark is that? They couldn't afford a unique symbol like the big-boy countries? Did Nordic politeness go too far? "Oh, we don't want to be a hassle for keyboard designers, just give us a few random punctuation marks to paste together, we'll make do!"

I shouldn't be finding this as funny as I am.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

The most carbon-friendly car is a used one: so much energy is used making a car that you'd need to drive your prius a few decades before the savings would make up for it.

For highest fuel-efficiency, get a pickup, carry a dozen people at once, and drive about ten miles an hour once a day to the marketplace and back.

I'd love to see that commercial. Or one that pointed that out and then finished with "...So gently caress the earth! Buy our SUV!"

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

If you only take one lesson from this thread, let it be to not eat any fast food ever.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Is this the one you guys are talking about? Seems pretty innocuous to me.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

People who can retain their sense of humor when a character comedically over-reacts to something inconsequential, perhaps.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

aquatic sideshow posted:

Portlandia commercials make me want to avoid Portland like it's Detroit.

So they're...effective? :confused:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

You're certainly doing a bang-up job of selling us on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

marioinblack posted:

Since there is no thread for good ads, I'd like to say Chevy knocked one out of the park with the commercial where people hold past pictures up to various places with Ray Charles singing in the background. Really good visuals all around in the commercial.

Sorry for the lovely quality but this is all I could find without the audio removed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0nsh_Rvu3k

I would type something biting and sarcastic, but I have something in my eye. :911: