Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

raditts posted:

I've always hated that "where on a chicken is a nugget" saying because it's so goddamn stupid. Where on the cow is a hamburger? Where on a pig is the bacon?

Bacon actually comes from either the jowl or the belly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

Looks like someone is jealous that he's not getting paid in gum.

Nobody pays me in gum...:smith:

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

404GoonNotFound posted:

You know, the new McDonalds ad may be the first time where I agree with the "bitchy" girlfriend about the man being a total loving idiot.

Seriously, what the gently caress is the appeal of the McRib? And it comes back EVERY loving YEAR, this isn't a surprise.

The McRib is awesome that's why, it's just a gross sticky mess that tastes like bbq sauce and garbage disposal scraps, but there's just something about it that is just loving magical and no one knows what it is.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

U.T. Raptor posted:

I'm getting tired of those Old Navy commercials with the BLUE EVERYWHERE WHIMSICAL FACTORY. They were mildly amusing at first, but they played literally twice a commercial break sometimess and I'm getting sick of them now...

Not to mention they seem just a little bit racist if we're thinking of the same one.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

I saw this last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ntDYjS0Y3w

This ad confuses the hell out of me, like there's nothing in there about a car until the very end.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

jojoinnit posted:

Yup. It's called the License Fee. You can be fined for having a TV and not paying the fee. It's a bit of a boondoggle these days with the iPlayer because now you can watch BBC content without having a telly, and someone tried to introduce a law that would add the license fee to everyone with internet, but thankfully that got shut down sharpish.

This post is everything that is right with how the British talk.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Rirse posted:

Getting tired of the car commercial where the guy goes to sleep with "Mr Sandman" playing, and then cuts to some racetrack with crappy 80s music playing.

The worst part was that the original airing played Mr.Sandman the entire run of the commercial.

VVVVV:I swear one version had the song play the entire time.:VVVV

Tardcore fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Mar 12, 2012

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

The worst part about those Mio ads is how creepy those drat animals are, I get some serious Uncanny Valley effect off them.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

There's a new Mio animal commercial and its even creepier/bizarre than the first one. This one involves a camel's hump being treated like boobs even though its still on the camel's back.

Is this the one with the giraffe? I didn't look directly at the screen while it was playing for fear of turning into stone.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Tupping Liberty posted:

Surprised to see no complaints about the new Svedka ad. Sexy robots bother me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Stj4fKMkesU

Oh god I saw that and threw up in my mouth a little. This is proof humanity is not ready for robots to exist.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

SubponticatePoster posted:

No, this makes sense because Coors Light is more or less alien piss that will make your insides pop out if you drink it. ( :wtc: who thought that was a good marketing idea?)

Well it certainly tastes that way :smug:.

Edit: Oh my god I thought the ad was for Men in Black 3, but then I watched it. What the gently caress?

Tardcore fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 19, 2012

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

NaturalLow posted:

All bubble bath has that risk associated with it, not just Mr. Bubble. Some people are just really prone to UTIs and/or sensitive to fragrances and dyes in soaps.

I remember getting one of those as a kid, pissing black blood and extreme pain are not one of my favorite childhood memories.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

They keep playing these don't text and drive commercials on Adult Swim and I hate them so much because they make me want to cry. I can't say they're not effective though, I've made a serious effort to not touch my phone while in the car ever since I got a smart phone.

You need someone to tell you not to text and drive?

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Oh my god that K-Mart dubstep ad is literally offensive to my ears, how do people listen to that stuff? I have to mute that one every time it comes on.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

vyst posted:

Holy loving poo poo I get it you can't get [Insert channel here] on DISH network. You can shut up now.

I've never seen anti-advertisements before but there you go.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Jubs posted:

I hate the "DVR is watching me" ads. Who has a bathroom that big?!?!

I used to know someone who had a big rear end bathroom like that. It was way too open and made it uncomfortable to take a dump in.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b38kUOOJUN0

There are no words for how awful this is. :catstare:

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

I get all loving 3.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Jubs posted:

I've heard on the radio an ad for something like 420hookups.com.

No lie I'd use that site.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

FuzzySkinner posted:

I only like those commercials because they seem to be the literal embodiment of the :getin: smiley.

Look at this dude, hasn't seen Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7geQYc_-ruc&t=35s

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

NC-17 posted:

The original was great though. But only because I think the subtext was she found out he was cheating and knew he was leaving to go see his lover. So she made a video of herself loving the poolboy.

That is an interesting interpretation.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

I really like the new Little Caesars ad they've been showing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzv1KYjXHrI

Honk honk :v:

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Gaunab posted:

^^^Having Kidz bop in Walmart almost seems redundant since walmart censors their cd's anyway.

Do they really still do that? I don't even know why they'd bother with it in this day and age.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

DrBouvenstein posted:

The worst part is the God-drat Devil Woman they decided to cast.

Look at that devil face!

Look at it!

Looks like a typical airline stewardess too me.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

DrBouvenstein posted:

What bugs me most about one State Farm commercial is the two dues in the car in the middle of a bunch of bison.

1) Why are they in the middle of a herd of bison?

2) Why does one of them say, "I can't believe we've never done this before."

Done what? Park your car in the middle of a road that inexplicably has a thousand bison on it?

I think it's one of those drive through animal parks, you know the ones were a horde of bears will stare at you as you drive past.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

404GoonNotFound posted:

I actually had an owl make a run at my dog when I was visiting family last Thanksgiving. Trust me, it's pretty much a minor heart attack moment.

poo poo now I'm worried about letting my chihuahua out at night. Thanks rear end in a top hat. :mad:

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

RaspberryCommie posted:

Ugh. My aunt thinks this commercial is the height of hilarity and has her son sing it with her every time they come over.

From this fact alone I hate your aunt.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

dijon du jour posted:

Maybe not, but it is perpetuating an Italian stereotype.

Wait I thought that was an Irish stereotype? Either way who cares because no one is really racist against Italians anymore.

Tardcore fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Apr 29, 2013

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Sash! posted:

They invented Santa. There's that.

I'm pretty sure Santa Claus story has been around longer than coke.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Pigs blood, and a lot of it, like so much that I get confused and think I'm watching Carrie.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Gonz posted:

This is something that exists in the world we live in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sp78DsIOwc

We should all be so lucky as to look like Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Imbecile Edition.

I've said it before but these would be perfect for a Devo tribute band.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Vicas posted:

Hey grandpa, maybe this commercial is more your speed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rqZZgVxnCk

Holy poo poo I remember when I was a kid my brother and I saw this ad and mocked the way that guy said "I'll call now" for like half an hour. God drat a lovely ad just brought up some memories from my childhood.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Gonz posted:

IN THE ARRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMS OFFFFFFFFFFF AN ANGELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

FLY AWAAAAAAAAY WITH MEEEEEEEEEEE

*poo poo that makes viewers want to leap off a bridge*

I remember back when they were using "Always on my Mind" I would crack up because I'd imagine this version of the song playing over it instead https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q053PBA47gY.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Brian Moser posted:

What's so wrong with white people that I constantly hear Taco Bell ruins their insides? Is it serious, or is it a joke reference to a movie or cultural zeitgeist piece of humour? Here's a hint, if you stop eating canned food and mayo out of jars, you'll be able to handle Real World Food, and hell maybe even leave the country and eat Other Stuff, too! :dance: :ssh:

Taco Bell, the highest of culinary craftsmanship.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

The one true choice in fast food chicken is Popeye's.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Gonz posted:

:stare:

This is loving BRUTAL. Holy poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4JzxG0cnpg

I remember saying the old commercial was exploitative, but god drat did they really take it to another level with this one.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Resident Hero posted:

Do these people even know what moonshine is?

"The sweet taste of moonshine" really should answer that question.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

vyst posted:

The person making your moonshine has more than 4 teeth you are not drinking moonshine.

This poo poo is truth, real moonshine tastes like stagnant water and smells like decay.

Tardcore fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jun 2, 2014

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Mahoning posted:

I unironically love the Stare Farm commercial with the old fishing guy. "I got you a dollar"

But they've shortened it and removed the best part which is him pulling the dollar away and saying "oooo you gotta be quicker than that"

When I first saw that ad I thought it was Gary Busey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

The weirdest thing about that ad in my opinion is how ripped the arms on that opioid are.