Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Tim Gunn has always been a whore for anyone who will pay him ever since he became known to people beyond Project Runway watchers. The difference is he used to just have a bit better taste and only shill for cosmetic/fabric stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea the only people calling it 'shady' are the dudes who don't want to put in something that will keep their workers from losing half a hand.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

MailboxFullOfBombs posted:

I'm getting really sick of these Snow White commercials. What the hell kind of accent is Charlize Theron trying to do? "HUNT HAR DOWN!"

Some kinda insane German/posh English combo I think.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DrBouvenstein posted:

You want odd? Come to Vermont. You'd think one of the hippy-est, greenest states in the nation would be all for wind power...nope.

I see a LOT of ads that are along the lines of:

"I'm an environmentalist...and that's why I'm against the wind turbines. Look how the ruined the mountain!" :qq:

This has been one of the most insane things, I'm in Texas and we kinda get the wind stuff but obviously they get massively outspent by oil here. Still whenever it comes up you can always be sure for at least one ad of 'these turbines are going to DESTROY the natural beauty and for what...affordable clean energy in a state entirely powered by a finite resource that spews pollutants? I think you know the right choice.'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea trademarks have to be aggressive just due to how the laws work, the agent should have known that.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

constantIllusion posted:

I just saw a Christmas commercial for Target. Halloween isn't for another two weeks! :gonk:

Got an email from Yankee Candle telling me to buy my Christmas scented candles before it's too late.

A) Alright that's the most first world problem ever to have,

B) It's fuckin October, it's not gonna be too late to have a candle.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Has anyone mentioned Gamefly's ads being utterly insufferable?

"RESELLING THINGS GIVES ME LESS MONEY THAN WHAT I PAID ON DAY ONE NEW?! gently caress YOUR SCAM, MAN!"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I can't make a profit buying a game full price, then coming back to the same store to sell it back? WHAT IS THIS poo poo?! *builds an elaborate death house, traps clerk and all he holds dear within its walls*

Seriously I like Gamefly and all but that's basically the dumbest way to say 'hey we're a convenient service'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ElwoodCuse posted:

If I want to see people get clobbered I could watch Ridiculousness which is apparently always on some variant of MTV

Imagine Tosh.0 but instead of shock humor it has a giant douchebag who just says 'HAHA BOY THAT FAT KID SURE FELL DIDN'T HE?! REWIND AND LET'S SEE IT FIVE MORE TIMES!'

Now imagine they occasionally tease you with awesome guests, making you hope for at least a glimmer of fun, but only to find that the guests get like two lines to say while the douchebag host carries on.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

pepperoniroller posted:

There's a certain amount of personal responsibility when it comes to diet. I have nothing against a company like taco bell trying to make money through advertising. It always strikes me as funny when people complain about it

There's a difference between, say White Castle's 'hey you can get a box of our lovely food, if you want, you should!' and Taco Bell's 'veggies? gently caress THAT NOISE HERE'S A BOX OF TACOS!'

Like, it's not the worst thing ever but it's a kinda gross ad campaign to sell junk in bulk.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Speaking of Pizza Hut why are they advertising what can only be called a food trough full of two pizzas and wings and breadsticks? Like, they know it looks like a loving pig trough right?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rirse posted:

Speaking of little kids whispering, the ad for Mama is really annoying with 3/4 of it just the little girl repeating in whispers "Mama".

Yea, I'm pretty amped because I like Guillermo Del Toro, and it looks like a good little spooky movie, but drat that ad is annoying and gets played every other break.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

trunkwontopen posted:

"No one comes around my growing family...without a background check."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6boeAfMhao

This commercial just further installs a sense of fear into the "strangers" of your neighborhood. I'm sure things happen, and perhaps this website has thwarted off a bad egg from someones life on more than one occasion, but come on. OH NO MR. HEATER REPAIRMAN, I can't let you on, because you are NOT VERIFIED! SUCURETY BREECH!

My favorite bit is their example search was just first name Mike last name Jones then search button. Yea, you know, Mike Jones, find the one I mean, computer.

Oh poo poo Mike Jones murdered some one! I mean, it was in Alaska but how do I know he didn't move!?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Codependent Poster posted:

Someone said the new Geico commercial with Mutumbo is the best commercial they've seen.

They're right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_0fyUYB3cA

Anything reminding me that Mutumbo both sounds and looks like a cartoon giant is aces already, but yea that's a great ad.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sash! posted:

I don't like those "don't call things gay" commercials because the of the "when you call something gay, do you realize what you're saying" or whatever the line is part.

Yes, obviously people that say that do know what they're saying :confused:

You've never heard someone say 'nah I don't mean gay like gay I mean it like dumb'?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gaunab posted:

I saw a slightly shorter version of this commercial last night on adult swim. I thought they made it at first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcAj3lOyv3s

I know this is old but I literally just saw this ad for the first time and oh my god this is like every bad "HEY KIDS SMOKING IS WHACK" presentation you were forced to watch in school. Also is beard man the guy who makes Epic Meal Time because the idea of someone who's livelihood is devouring bacon woven fast food Frankenstein creations lecturing about health is adorable.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
This is extremely not 'it' though, I can't imagine anyone seeing this and going 'wow yea good point I shouldn't smoke'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CapnAndy posted:

What kills me is that the start of the ad is really, really good. Like, just show the girls on the bus playing Tinder, and they see the cute guy with the kitten, and then "...oh, wait, is that a cigarette? Hahahaha no" and they swipe left and then keep on going and the ad fades out? That's a really effective ad. This Is A Dealbreaker And Cute Girls Will Laugh At You would work.

Yea just that bit is a good ad. Hey people tend to not like smokers in relationships, if you smoke some cute girl may be all 'nah I'm not gonna gently caress a dude that reeks like smoke' and that'd suck right?' Probably not that effective but it's not like Beard Man Who Eats Bacon For A Living Yelling LEFT SWIPE THAT is effective either.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Is there any ad worse than the 'we can be the generation who stops smoking' ads that feature just like a minute of 'club music' and dumb 'did you know an hour of hookah smoking is like ONE HUNDRED CIGARETTES?!' text flashing.

These are the same dudes who did the 'left swipe that' stupid rap thing, right? Is it seriously just a board of a bunch of 70 year old white dudes trying to appeal to the kids these days?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Is there a kid from loving the future or whatever Kid Vid was

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gonz posted:

No, he wasn't from the future. He was just obsessed with videogames and technology like virtual reality.

So wait there just two generic white kids? Wasn't there a white girl too?

Burger King: Diversity is important, but gotta keep the ratio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

That70sHeidi posted:

What is up with those grimdark Hobby Lobby ads?! They remind me of when I accidentally watched a Nordic film on Netflix because they erroneously labeled it as "horror," and I'm waiting for what obviously must be massive murder and death in such a bleak location but no no, it's just a movie about sheep.

Except this is a commercial about... a sheep? And a morose grandpa barely hanging on to his sanity in the wastelands of the north?

What. The. Hell.

Hobby Lobby literally got busted smuggling Iraqi artifacts as part of some crazy christian cult movement so maybe it's a summoning spell