Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
The Jumbaco commercial.

gently caress off. I'm trying to watch the Kings game and you shitlords come in with your earworm garbage.

I'm boycotting them until I can get through a game without hearing that commercial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

muscles like this? posted:

Valentine's Day ads are getting kind of crass this year, I've seen at least two separate ads (one for the new Twilight movie on DVD and the other for some flower thing) that tell guys to buy these for their girlfriend because, while the guy himself might not like it, if he does he'll be getting sex later.

If you have to exchange expensive trinkets for sex...what does that make the woman?

It insults both genders, ironically the target gender the most, and yet the gullible just eat it up.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Feel - the - Mexicellence

Feel my finger on the mute button. Really glad they seem to have stopped that lovely commercial.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

They always have to have a commercial in my Kings games to piss me off.

This is worse than the Jumbaco commercial.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Seems like there is always at least one commercial that irritates me in particular when I'm watching hockey.

Right now it's the mighty wing commercial. It's pretty obvious they are pandering to the youth demographics with LOOK FOOTBALL PLAYERS LOOK LOOK. It's all so very gauche.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

That Time Warner commercial with the mom getting people up for black friday really rubs me the wrong way.

I guess it's from acting like black friday is important but there's also some random guy standing in her kitchen at 4am and he's all GET THIS PHONE BITCH.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Cruncha muncha. I'm not 7 you grassfuckers.

Subway is boycotted for the duration of that promotion.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

I don't get NBC sports unless I borrow a cable box, so I have to listen to the Kings on the radio.

I am really getting pissed off with the budweiser ads about being a Kings fan. It's so loving obsequious. Hey guys I know some Kings trivia, buy our lovely beer.

Also the coke commercial.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

More irritating radio commercials: The McDonald's ad about gamers.

Sure, all gamers are cloistered addicts. Let me go out and buy your flavorless Big Mac.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Carl's Jr ad.

It's so sexualized, it's almost a parody. The product is an afterthought. Some chick's rear end get shoved in your face, another random scantily scad chick walks into the barn for no reason, and then here's a burger I guess - scene.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Sash! posted:

So...all Carls Jr commercials ever?

Also, "another random" chick is Paris Hilton. Do you literally live under a rock? A rock on another planet?

I can remember the commercials being more about the product. Guy eats burger, burger drops down with wet sound, "new slightly reconfigured beef sandwich, only at Carl's Jr". That kind of thing.

This is just "hey tits and rear end, buy our poo poo, thanks". At least try to make the hallucinogenic cowgirl gyrations relevant.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Draftkings is really going full court press this year. It's even on podcasts that don't involve sports whatsoever like Marc Maron's

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Audi is pretty nasty this year. They have one where people are getting other cars as gifts, but an Audi drives by and they are suddenly disappointed.

I hate watching any kind of TV this time of year. Feel like I'm getting swarmed by locusts all the time desperately trying to guilt me or entice me into buying poo poo for Christmas. I swear they talk about Black loving Friday more than anything else now. They'll even invoke it in July and poo poo.

Reminds me of this. HURRY UP AND BUY.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Where did this Draft Kings poo poo come from? Last season they weren't around, and now they're doing full court press on radio and TV and sponsoring teams and actually have draft picks be officially part of the LA Kings broadcasts.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Fox News had a story about the new Mountain Dew flavor at a leading chicken wings chain.

Totally not an ad, as if the regular commercials simply wouldn't do it.

And this was at the gym, I had no control over the tv.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

I wonder how much money and time goes into advertising movies in this culture. It's bizarre. We have commercials in commercials. Branding on top of branding.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Brisk is acting like it's extreme now. "Kinda out there". You're not even caffeinated. It's an Arnold Palmer, loving chill.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

bull3964 posted:

What exactly is a 'long' burger and why exactly does burger king think smothering it in a 'butter sauce' would be appetizing?

It's a patty meant to fit on their chicken sandwich buns.

The butter sauce comes from them aping Jack in the Box, who aped it from someone much more high end.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Suspicious Dish posted:

the pokemon ads are for the nerds who were invited to a superbowl party but arent really "into sports". theres gonna be a pokemon ad and the nerd is gonna laugh "heh"

Or the pokemon kid grew up to be a fantasy football guy.

I still can't believe people watch something just for the commercials though.s

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Doctor Butts posted:

RF remotes/devices smoke the absolute poo poo out of IR remotes. The response time is incredible.

Yeah, but I can't use my phone as a remote.

I'm constantly losing my remote and it doesn't have a ringer. It's funny how I got this option now but almost as soon as I get it I have to get a cable box that's RF and I'm back to square one.

I don't know if people have mentioned the Mcdonald's Yoga-themed spot, but I think it's really bizarre. 30 something woman grouses about her life, and then the instructor comes up and talks about Mcdonald's for some reason. It's like they just gave up on coherent commercials and just try to insert their brand into a situation their chosen demographic experiences. This happens to you? Cool, whatever, breakfast bowls.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

The expectations are so low they have to remind people that yes, it does meet the minimum standard required in to be considered a beverage.

Hungry Man: Calories included.

skooma512 fucked around with this message at 08:36 on May 30, 2016

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

The Vegas tourism board is trying to insinuate that everyone who touches the ground there is DTF and nobody will ever know.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

One thing I won't miss about the Euros: That goddamned directtv commercial. I didn't like it before but they changed the song and it's even worse. The cadence is halting and it sounds like someone's parody.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Sprint has a new commercial saying that there's only a 1% difference in other networks.

Haha. They're saying they're poo poo, but not by a whole lot.

Sprint: Good Enough

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

:suicide:

Seriously, why did Mcdonald's not think 20 seconds straight of shrill juvenile joy would not get on people nerves? They obviously noticed how awful it is and have seemingly made the spot shorter, but still what the hell is going through their heads?

I'm just trying to watch hockey man, gently caress,

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Polygynous posted:

kinda odd the army is still running the "we stop cyber hackers" ad after half the country got their poo poo compromised

And OPM got pwned too.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

The Mcdonald's world cup spot is kind of racist.

The hispanics behind the counter are teaching the whites eating about soccer. That's not the racist part, the racist part is that the hispanics are pretty much all working at the Mcdonald's and the white people (along a black guy) are wearing dress shirts and ties.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

I'm actually liking the Delta ads that have been showing up on the FX app. The music and Grand Budapest Hotel lighting and shots makes me feel the wonder of travel.

Of course to get to the FX app I have to look at their title card in the Fire Stick, which is currently literally a loving dead baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

ProjektorBoy posted:

TV commercials dreamed up by the dweebs of local contracting companies (Painters, Plumbers, HVAC, etc) are a special kind of hell

https://twitter.com/manicsocratic/status/1102638986755883008

Now I wish the commercial was just her screaming for the entire spot.