Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I'm really proud of you for being an algebra teacher, mom.

KidsLoveDegrees.com KidsLoveDegrees.com KidsLoveDegrees.com KidsLoveDegrees.com!

gently caress off with this poo poo, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Holy poo poo the new EbayForTheWin commercial has a guy who is exactly the kind of cheesedick who would still be saying "for the win" in 2014. What is ebay thinking?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

What fresh hell is this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXexeL3IQbI

I don't want to know the kind of mind it took to come up with this product.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

...of SCIENCE! posted:

The worst Christmas song is Baby It's Cold Outside because now you have to deal with a chorus of people parroting the monologue from Key & Peele about how the song is rapey and acting like they made it up themselves.
I hate this song because it reminds me of Drew Carey making out with an old woman :(

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I don't necessarily hate this but I was surprised when I saw it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMUbqNi-sUk

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Pierce and Pierce posted:

That's a BOLD statement! :haw:

Mary! :argh:
I wish I had a term for this makes me feel. It's like she's trying to relate with hipness or something, but it's about awful food so it falls so flat.

My new favorite thing to hate is commercials that have several different people reading the same exact copy and they just cut between them 800 times. I've noticed it a lot more lately and I think it first started with those dumb Gazelle.com commercials.

Those and the ones where they are pretending to have phone testimonial audio while showing smiling people who could be that voice but aren't. What is the point?

Faustian Bargain fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Apr 20, 2015

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

The left-swipe right-swipe ad started off great but then they shoehorned way too much stuff into it with the bacon guy singing a verse and then the over the top black stereotype yelling hashtag at the end.

I'm pretty sure that they are purposefully made terrible.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Maxwell Lord posted:

Were ads for pay-for fantasy football services this thick on the ground last August/September? Because I honestly do not remember that being the case.
There's one right now with this dude-bro eating his hands as he wins a million dollars.

Mister Kingdom posted:

I just wish the penny auction commercials would go away.
No way, I crack up at those lame old ladies who win a bunch of poo poo they will never use.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

https://youtu.be/u4srWvLXZRw

I can't tell if it's me that's out of touch when I saw this but it feels like it's made by a dad who just discovered the internet. All that's missing are minions.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

The "there's a Big Mac for that" commercial makes me wonder if there are really people who celebrate by going to McDonalds.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Awkward Verizon spokesman doing non-confident mic drops is getting old. At least Sprint is dunking on them with their parodies now, even though Sprint is bad also.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

All of the galaxy s8 commercials make me want to buy an iphone out of spite.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

New uber commercials glamorizing the business by seamlessly switching between chilling, earning, chilling, earning, chilling, earning, chilling, earning, and chilling.

"Get your side hustle on" sounds like it was made up by an old dad who stumbled onto urban dictionary.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

:byodame:: brandon, brendan, BrandonBrenandBrandonBrendanBRANDONBRENDAN

I get people would try to monetize this latest female empowerment wave, but did they have to plumb the depths of goon dating horror stories for a deodorant commercial?
This is a good commercial, though.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

The canned margarita commercials with a disinterested narrator talking about how it's "going to be one of those nights." Reminds me of 40 year old women posting pictures of their half glass of wine captioned with "it's 5 o'clock somewhere!!!"

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Mahoning posted:

Mostly because the punchline (“it’s like H2 and O!” :haw:) is dumb and makes the commercial super-terrible.
I loving hate this commercial. I wish companies would stop using awkward idiots. This guy and the subway guy, so much Reuben.

The one that bugs me the most now is that 80s sounding KitKat commercial.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I feel like the "nothing can stop me I'm all the way up" Mt. Dew commercial with Danny McBride is just a cut of a longer commercial that I've never seen. It's very strange just having that clip.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Gaunab posted:

It is. Would post it but I'm on my phone.
Found it. My point is that it's just very strange to only get that part of it as a regular commercial.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Soresto, Soresto, Soresto! :fuckoff:

Any product with a commercial this annoying all but guarantees I am not buying their poo poo.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Chili’s is back baby back baby back with a bunch of lovely new commercials.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

The Anna faris commercial for atom :smithicide:

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

There's a new Progressive commercial and it's time to blast Flo and Jamie into the loving sun.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

FELD1 posted:

I have to admit I liked the one where Jamie was a cartoon giant with a folksy theme song.
I'll give you that it's better than Jamie explaining the car company commercial parody-ish garbage they have on now.

AN UNEXPECTED ENDING :fuckoff:

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I hate that Progressive commercial. Jamie is just the worst.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Howdy folks, it's dinner time :fuckoff: is still playing even though Christmas is over.

This commercial, though: https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wvTB/tophatter-90-seconds

I can't imagine wanting to be like these people.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I usually hate Progressive commercials (anything with Jamie is especially bad), but Flo being the new not-maid in the 90s style sitcom show is great.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Majorian posted:

Since most of them are the literal worst things ever put on TV.
Little Lungs is just the worst. The newer ones with the muppets talking about vaping are also universally bad.

My theory is that since the tobacco companies must pay for these commercials, they reach out to a bunch of advertisers and then pick the worst one.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

ElwoodCuse posted:

All they do is pay for them they don't care about them past cutting checks

Also fewer Americans smoke now than at any point since they started keeping track
How much of it is due to these awful commercials?

My dad just turned 60 and recently got on oxygen. Anecdotal probably, but I wonder how many people don't smoke because they saw what it did to their parents.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

HIYEEEE is a worse commercial.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Dear Crunch,

No one's favorite candy bar is Crunch.

Sincerely,
Everyone Else

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

ElwoodCuse posted:

It's Nestle Crunch goddamnit.

Chocolate is scrumptious when it crunches that's why I love Nestle Crunch.
They sold the brand. It's also objectively the worst candy bar.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Milky Way is a three musketeers with caramel. Snickers is a Milky Way with peanuts. Baby Ruth is a pay day with chocolate.

Pay day is the best candy bar, perfect combo of sweet and salty.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Progressive commercials are mostly better than Geico's monkey cheese. Progressive on ice and the theme park are definite misses but Flo dating (he's got pics of you on his phone) and Jamie's mansion are good.

edit: the 10 second version of this commercial is god awful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNRoNy20QjY

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

sticksy posted:

Every time the Big Hurt mentions the name of that product he’s shilling, which is frequently, I wonder if he’s aware of the connotation of something that sounds eerily similar to “eugenics.”
The best part about these commercials is the wife saying "I wish my husband did" and then looking at her pathetic husband, and he nods like yeah me too.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

There’s a longer version of the new commercial where the new Jake says something like “do they usually ask what your wearing” and the old Jake pops out from behind the wall to say it’s normal.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

KFC's new commercial ensures that I will never give them my business, no matter how good chicken on a donut sounds.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Let’s go out to ‘ita :fuckoff:

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Ugh the new Sonic commercials. The one with the red haired girls and their dad talking about how to say chocolate is so grating.

Bring back the dimwit and his handler, anything is better than this.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I can't stand that botox commercial with the sound track where some woman is constantly screaming "woo!" as these women go to the beach or go to a photobooth or whatever because they look so good and young with their botox.

Unkempt posted:

That match.com ad with satan and 2020 is a hell of a thing
This is a great commercial, actually :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

No one like Crunch bars, and no weird commercials will convince me otherwise. I can’t put my finger in these commercials but it’s some uncanny valley poo poo.