Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Rhyno posted:

I hate it so much. Is it that hard to find real twins?

Also the idea in it that what is funny is that one twin asks the other 'when were you going to tell me?' and the first one rings his doorbell. Haha, it's funny he's going to tell him right now, get it?! But he had already told him about it. On the phone. Immediately after getting it. Argh. I realise some people might interpret it as it is funny because he had already told him on the phone, but that's clearly not what the commercial is going for by having him ring the doorbell at that moment, in which case the joke makes no sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Grout Bully.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKsM3jgiRR4

First it uses one of the Windows notification message sounds so when it airs I think I've got mail or something.

Second it claims to kill the mold to make it white, but later in the commercial they have the different colours so obviously it's just painting over it.

Third the application brush is way way wider than any grout lines are going to be, so you waste a huge amount every time you apply it.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Rirse posted:

Dunno if Hit and Run is any good or not, but I'm tired of seeing ads for it almost three times ever commercial break right now on Adult Swim.

It ended up in 10th place if anyone is curious, only made $4.7 million.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Vistaprint's holiday cards commercial has reached change the channel level for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOIS-RHtO28
The song is just terrible.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
The Lays commercial with the woman in the nail salon who steals a bunch of Lays when the other woman looks away and then has gross greasy fingernails covered in crumbs baffles me. Why make the results of eating your product look so nasty?

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Kaizoku posted:

Also, for another example of ads we like, I'm a fan of the new belVita morning win ad. Catchy tune that wasn't overplayed on the radio first, and it actually talks about the product while being cute. It's a shame I despise the product.

The best part of that Belvita ad is the grizzled music veteran responding 'No you didn't'.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

raditts posted:

Blue Ridge. I didn't know it had been dropped by most carriers, but I always wonder who these people are that just can't get enough of Web Soup reruns. Is it somehow still economically viable to keep the channel on the air?

We discussed this briefly in the Food Network thread too. It's so bizarre. Right now they are showing X-Play. I put it on and they are showing a PREVIEW of a game that came out over a year ago that they are describing as coming out 'next year'. Oh and advertising their coverage of ComicCon 2012. Who is the audience for that?

The only things they show of any potential value that I can see are Cops, Heroes and Lost reruns. I guess there are enough people who will flick through the channels, find those and stop and watch.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Also they had claimed it was the official pillow the 'Sleep Foundation' which the owner made up or something and that got reported to the FTC and had to donate a bunch of money to settle.

ALSO they deliberately didn't collect the sales tax they were meant to in New York State and got sued by the attorney general over that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Hi, I'm X, and I'm Y, and we thought wouldn't it be great if it were easy to buy a thing by subscription that is readily available in stores. That's why we started getthatthingbysubscription dot com, because we looked at everyone else getting on this racket and wondered, why can't we find some resellable high margin product category and hope that once you are signed up you don't notice the piles of it building up in your house and the gradually increasing subscription cost. So go ahead and sign up today for the free* trial.