Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

hey our ipad ripoff has

flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

yep thats right flash

flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

dont you want flash?

flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

cause of like newgrounds and stuff?

flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

lol i bet this is still funny right? cause we keep saying flash

flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Every now and then when I [spanish word] I like to eat [spanish word] with extra [spanish word]

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

that goddamned pedo looking guy singing about denim with the stop motion animation kids for target will be the death of me

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

C. Everett Koop's not dead. He basically invented half of the pediatric surgery procedures they use today, too.

Holy poo poo apparently he got married two years ago too, at the age of 93

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

COME ON PEOPLE

COME ON PEOPLE

LETS WORK TOGETHER

LETS WORK TOGEEEEEETHERRRRRRRR

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

that would be like having a horribly repetitive ad campaign OR annoying commercials

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

raditts posted:

The only thing worse than pathetic marketing attempts to create catchphrases in the form of hashtags in commercials is when they pop up hashtags in TV shows as a condensed form of some line intended to be quotable. It seems so desperate, as though they don't think that funny lines will get quoted on their own merits.

I've seen episodes of New Girl where the hashtag actually shows up a few seconds BEFORE the punchline is even said. Which, obviously, deflates the joke entirely

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

"Oh poo poo I forgot to write a filet o fish commercial. Uhhhh just do the life aquatic with Steve Zissou with a lovely song" -mcdonalds

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

GutBomb posted:

Are you in New England? If so it's probably a Red Sox thing.

Yep it's even worse than he implies since it's not just a generic bland song, it's a generic bland song intentionally designed to make you think of Sweet Caroline and therefore associate it with the Red Sox. Real convenient way to get out of paying royalties

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

JediTalentAgent posted:

Admittedly, though, that commercial just bothered the hell out of me, but mainly because I've been in environments where that happens and have known people who've had stuff like that happen to them or their families.

I'm sort of reminded a bit of how about 15 or so years ago when Orkin also went sort of 'scary' in one of their commecials. It was either one of the ones that looked like roaches were crawling on your TV screen, but it was pretty powerful in showcasing to people WHY they needed pest control. At the same time, some people thought it went a bit too far in shocking people and maybe even painted a poor image of the industry.

A funny anecdote in this article about that commercial, though.

http://lubbockonline.com/stories/04...040800037.shtml

oh man this quote

the article posted:

Matthew Reeves of Tallahassee, Fla., told Orkin in an e-mail message that he saw the ad just as he was stepping out of the shower. He immediately whipped off his towel and began snapping it at the TV.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Barudak posted:

today you'd be hard pressed to find a bottle of it almost anywhere in the country.

Fairly common in New England actually, especially Maine. But your point stands

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Jeopardy commercials you say?

For me, it's NatureMade!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

the lizard walks between states easily