Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

The door blew shut but here's the deal
Dreams are lies, it's the dreaming that's real

Nap Ghost

Yeah, violent shrieking out of nowhere doesn't endear me to their product.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Nap Ghost

Fundamentally the problem is that they're saying that drinking lite beer is manly. And the only people that can accept that are those that are drinking lite beer already.

Come to think of it, there are probably millions of those people. And they're probably those most susceptible to being called a wuss. So those ads are effective and are going to be on TV for the foreseeable future.

Hooray!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Nap Ghost

NaturalLow posted:

The entire Charmin bear ad campaign beat them to that concept.

So that's why they use bears...

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Nap Ghost

I thought all those Old Navy ads were attempts at post-modern deconstructionism

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Nap Ghost

And if things do change, most affected people have already signed away any right to sue.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Nap Ghost

Did I really just see a movie commercial for Rock'em Sock'em Robots?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Nap Ghost

fariz posted:

No, but it creates brand awareness, which, when you DO decide to go buy a new car, absolutely helps

I dunno, if I were to buy a new car I'd probably grab a Consumer Reports and see what they had to say. Just because I'm aware that there's something called "Infiniti" or whatever doesn't mean I'll just drive up to my local Infiniti joint.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Nap Ghost

No.. they CAN'T exist... it's just too horrible

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Nap Ghost

I like the Pawn Stars Energy Stackers commercials because they're basically saying to the viewers, yeah, we're totally scripted, what are you gonna do about it?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Nap Ghost

Who wouldn't?

And the thing about Wendy's is that their solidified beef slurry is SQUARE! It's not round! At all!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Nap Ghost

I don't think there is one. I was trying to convey enthusiasm.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Nap Ghost

It's not a terrible commercial but there's still something strange about hearing that "nobody beats Cox for reliability."

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Nap Ghost

100 Years in Iraq posted:

I don't have Cox in my area and am sad I missed this. That has to be intentional, right?

There's never been a better time to switch to Cox.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Nap Ghost

What, exactly, is it about ridiculing an abused husband for trying to help his family that is supposed to make me want to switch to AT&T?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Nap Ghost

Tunnelman posted:

Poop There It Is has been rated the worst commercial in America. http://t.co/P5CXyn7S

If anything I hate the second place AT&T one more because at least Poop There it Is is.... well actually it's pretty terrible on all levels too.

But I just can't see why AT&T would even air this ad.

Husband: Hi Wifey I signed us up for [service that the commercial is trying to sell].
Wife: I loathe you so much you miserable little worm. I should have listened to my relatives who hate you too. I'm going to put rat poison in your oatmeal.
Husband: Yes dear OK dear whatever you say dear. I'm sorry and it's true I'm a worthless human being.

Who exactly is this targeted at?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Nap Ghost

Don't talk about our wireless plan, Martha

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Nap Ghost

I'm not a fan of the car ad where everyone misremembers the lyrics to "Rocketman." In announcing this fact to my family, I probably could have done better than saying "this is a stupid ad, everyone knows the lyrics are obviously 'burning up his fumes up there alone.'"

:\

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Nap Ghost

I'd rather watch the Big Unit creeping on younger women a billion more times than watch that terrible goatee dancing club baby once more.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Nap Ghost

It was probably easier than that, whoever did it knew where Spidey would be appearing and set the camera so Sabathia would be standing there, as opposed to in the middle of the screen. No way it was unintentional, though, it's pretty funny.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Nap Ghost

I dunno, 84 monthly payments doesn't sound very short-term to me. If there's any excuse for such high rates it's that they don't expect a lot of people to pay anything back at all. Not that that's a good excuse for preying on the desperate and underinformed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Nap Ghost

This is the only one that's happened to me. Thinking up and filming these has got to be the most enjoyable part of doing informertials. If I had to direct a MagicJack commercial I would be sure to include at least two spaghetti spills.