Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Palleon posted:

Little Caesars still exists? I haven't seen one in almost 20 years. And the last time I did, I thought they were a normal delivery place like everyone else.
There's one just a few blocks from me. I stopped in a couple months ago to see how they were and left before finishing my first slice. They're poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

DrBouvenstein posted:

That's the one...has it been around for a while? The production values made it look that way, but this was the first time I've seen it.
I'm pretty sure it's older than I am.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Didn't they get sued off of tv finally since the product is bullshit?
I thought that was Enzyte.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

iamathousandapples posted:

Why don't they play it as much any more? That and Mantracker were pretty much the only reasons to watch it
I believe How It's Made would like a word with you.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Andorra posted:

I once asked a doctor friend about that and he said it's because with anti-depressants you feel more motivated, and before you weren't even motivated enough to kill yourself. That's what he told me, and it sounds credible enough to me so I believe it.
That's what I've heard too, so I buy it.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

"Who cares what it holds if it can't hold your gaze?" Me. I care. The entire point of a car is to get you from point A to point B while carrying whatever you need to carry. Commercials are getting hella brazen about "gently caress you, buy our poo poo or you're not cool."

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

I really hate that AT&T commercial with the couple in the self-storage container.

Why would the container automatically lock when the door goes down? Why would they not start banging on the door if it was locked? If they had their phone in there with them why wouldn't they call someone and go "hey, we're trapped in here, get the management to open it up"? Why does their shiftless rear end in a top hat of a friend think it's okay to stay home and watch TV for a few hours when he apparently said he'd come help sort through things? It took me a minute to even remember what the commercial was for because every time it comes on I end up with a new question.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

That feels like it comes on almost every commercial break here in Indiana, almost no matter what I'm watching, and it never gets any less creepy.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

X needs Y-ed is very common in the Midwest.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

For that matter we say X needs Y-ing a fair amount too, though not as often in my experience. Ultimately as long as it conveys the same information and isn't any more difficult to understand, who gives a poo poo about the evolution of language? :shrug:

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Vanderdeath posted:

Is it? I'm from Northeastern Kansas and honestly don't remember anyone saying that there.
I was raised almost my entire life in Lincoln and heard it there a lot.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Reminder that the Truth commercials are literally made by the tobacco companies as part of some old agreement so it probably shouldn't be surprising that they make them as ineffective as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Lately there's been a commercial paid for by the National Association of Manufacturers about how any and all pollution regulation is bad and why should we do it anyway when China is worse?

The first time I saw it was mere hours before the Chinese president announced that his country would be enacting some new cap and trade legislation. Awkwarrrrd.