Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Hardee/Carl Jr has another awful commercial where it pretty 30 seconds of a girl (who looks like she from the 40s) stripping in a car while watching some black and white movie all because of some lovely burger she is eating. Yeah, I have no idea either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Getting tired of the car commercial where the guy goes to sleep with "Mr Sandman" playing, and then cuts to some racetrack with crappy 80s music playing.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Okay the original Mio Energy Drink squirt thing wasn't bad and not worth mentioning here. But they have two new ads where it shows CGI furries talking while drinking this poo poo.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Echoing the Goldfish ad in the car wash is awful. It suppose to be a cute ad with them acting like their in a store, but it comes off as annoying.

[edit] Okay what the gently caress, I just saw a Smoke Free America ad where it shows a bunch of people with no limbs saying if you smoke, you might become a amputee! So not just lung cancer, you soon will need a hook to hold that cigarette too!

Rirse fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Mar 19, 2012

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I suggest when we make the next thread that the title be about Go Daddy, because I don't think they have ever had a single good ad. Everyone of their commercials has been awful, non stop.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

iastudent posted:

They've been using those idiots in their commercials forever.

I wouldn't mind going for some popcorn chicken but they closed both of the Sonics closest to me. :smith:

They even had a Sonic ad recently where they talk about being fired from the company and trying to do ads on their own or something. So horrible of a ad campaign for a place that isn't even near me.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I just saw a commercial earlier during Community about adult diapers, having some no-name actress change into them on the red carpet. :wtc:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Don't know if "The Cabin in the Woods" is any good, but gently caress it for bringing back one of the most annoying practices in Hollywood, which is having a commercial then cutting to people in the theater talking about how scary it is. :fuckoff:

Also there was a really terrible Cars.com ad earlier where it had some lady's hair having a second version of her face singing and it was just gently caress up.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
That's good to hear. Probably have to see it when it comes out on blu-ray. The earlier commercials did make it look very different from the typical horror movies, but the new batch are the generic kinds paint it generic or the above example.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The Steak Justice posted:

I want to hate the new Wendy's commercials but they're not any worse than the old ones. Also that girl has pretty hair.
HOWEVER, this is pretty much all bad; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUXuaN_IKT0
Saw it the first time this morning, and then throughout the day. This is going to be the bane of my existence.

Agree, nothing Wendy can produce will ever top the awful "Mr Wendy" from a few years ago. I miss Dave Thomas so much. Can someone post some great ads with him from the past?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I see Subway is back to their usual "if you don't eat Subway, YOUR INSTANTLY FAT" ads again. :fuckoff:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is it me or the ads for the Vita been the same for the entire time the system existed? All they ever show is some guy playing a baseball game at his house and going to work.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Getting really tired of seeing the HTC One camera phone ad every ten minutes. The ad itself isn't too awful (minus the weird looking people who look like they are from Deus EX Human Revolution), but it just so annoying to see all the time.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
While I was on vacation Florida I kept seeing this awful ad for some used car lot named Courtesy. It had a bunch of people singing off key to a variation of the Ghostbuster theme, but about the crappy car lot instead. Can't find it on Youtube through.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Maroone? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SJH4BPaRnU
They've been around forever down here. I actually remarked to my friend a while ago that there's probably a generation of kids who think the proper answer to "Who you gonna call?" is "Maroone" and not "Ghostbusters". Then we got sad. :(

I know this isn't a "Request an Ad" thread but on Youtube I saw a cool commercial that had a guy made up of bugs. His lips were grasshoppers moving around, that kind of thing. Anyone know what I mean?

No, it was in english and had a bunch of white girls singing.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

vyst posted:

It was probably for Autoway. IF YOU NEED A CAR...TRUCK OR VAN...WHO YOU GONNA CALL?? AUTOWAY!!!!

I am disappointed in myself that I know that by heart.

I think their name was Courtesy. But it does prove one thing....they really love the Ghostbuster theme.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The Pepsi ad with the really creepy looking singers on stage that freeze frame on their dead eyes is really bugging me now.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The commercials for That's My Boy plays almost every commercial break these days and it always the exact same joke. Movie looks so bad.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Getting tired of the Five Hour Energy drink with the old sheriff going up to people and demanding people drink the poo poo or go to jail.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I hate the Vitamin Water (literally their name) ad where some guy is walking down the street and a bunch of outdated memes are playing. What era was this ad made for, 2006?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The new Ax Body Slam ad where it shows a humanoid ball of hair starring a a walking lady's blouse with big boobs is :wtc:.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Dunno if Hit and Run is any good or not, but I'm tired of seeing ads for it almost three times ever commercial break right now on Adult Swim.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Can't be worst then the rear end Spider-Man ad.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The SituAsian posted:

Speaking of, I haven't seen any commercial for these or Extenze in a while. I guess we're all satisfied with the sizes of our dicks now.

Didn't the actor who played "Smiling Bob" mysteriously disappeared after a fishing trip?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Uni-Ball can go gently caress themself. When testing out the new Steam Big Picture mode, I put on a Youtube video and got some lovely ads (I hate having no ad block), but somehow after the video was over it loaded up Facebook for this awful product and kept playing some humming noise. Didn't think much of it since I figured it was just the Steam Big Picture mode's background noise, until I started hearing it in Sleeping Dogs. I will never buy a product from this group ever thanks to this crap.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Sash! posted:

I rarely go from zero to hate it in the span of one commercials but the Coke Zero "Or" commercial is the most annoying thing I have seen this week.

Agree. It's a shame, as I rather like him in Community and the Hangover movies, but he is so annoying in this ad.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Samsung bought back their awful ad where they mock people standing in line for the iphones while some losers with their lovely phone acts all smug about his phone being better. Yeah, I don't see anyone in line gathering to buy a Samsung phone ever. :fuckoff:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SpacePig posted:

I'll never understand the fascination some people have with unboxing videos.

The only thing a unboxing video is neat when a new console is out. Otherwise it just "oh yeah, a new iphone...here the instructions...and usb cable".

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Hate this ad for some rap album that plays twice in one commercial block on Adult Swim. It shows a test pattern followed by a "turn off your tv and go outside" message, then shows the information for his crappy album.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Already tired of KFC's new "Little" series of ads for their little Chicken Little sandwich.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Dish Network is a mess right now. Over in Indianapolis, the local NBC affiliate has been off Dish for a month. So glad we dropped them years ago.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Bugsy posted:

Why the hell is CBS Radio still playing this commercial? Stop playing it please.

And stop playing awful loving Walmart commercials with Christmas music in them, it is too drat early.

That ad still appears on cable even after the month it's suppose to be playing for. Why won't the pain end!

Also so glad that political ads are gone for the time being. No need to explain why they are awful.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Watching OnDemend, I grown to really hate the ad promoting Wipeout where it just repeating the same four SFX over and over for 30 seconds.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The ads for Fab.com annoys me for some reason. Probably how the person has the magic power to change the stuff in his apartment, but going from decent normal stuff to really tacky furniture.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Dunno if we got a ads we like thread still, but I honestly have to admit that I like the Little Big Planet Karting ad. It just reminds me of the old 90s era video game commercials and that juts makes me feel happy.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The Call of Duty ad is starting to really get on my nerves. Hate to say it, but I never want to hear Back in Black ever again due to the ads for it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

DrBouvenstein posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91XWdOq1lDI

Well, with that "the cancel dessert" part of the commercial, Zales is one step closer to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c82z_bxy60E

There was some jewerly ad I saw the other day (forget who) which showed a apartment door almost closed with clothes laying on the ground with the lights off in the room. And then mentions something about a ring. So yeah, we pretty much reached the Family Guy parody.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The Special K ad with the little girl ringing a doorbell only to get the door slammed in her face can go gently caress off.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I know it's the time of the year for tax return ads to appear, but I'm already tired of the H&R Block ads which contains really ugly people speaking in front of a camera while it's zoomed in on their face with a black and white filter placed over them.

A shame, as H&R Block had some funny ads in the past, like Frankenstein's Monster going in for his tax return.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Parasol Prophet posted:

I am disheartened that that "Happier than Eddie Money running a travel agency" Geico commercial is still on. It's not so much the song (although I hate that song), it's the two people persistently trying to remind him of what they really wanted, as if they don't recognize that he's singing a song.

:v: I've got, two tickets to pawadise, pack your bags, we'll leave tonight--
:geno: Um, actually it's next month.
:v: --Two tickets to pawadiiiise!
:geno: No, four.

Either he's joking with you or he's too far gone and has no idea where he is! All five of you shut up and go away!

I'm surprised they finally stopped airing the "Happier then a witch at a broom factory" ad almost two months after Halloween ended.