Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Kawasaki Nun posted:

nope. You checked with your school's financial aid / registrar and everyone to make sure they haven't hosed up? I got my grant money in august

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Leather Bear posted:

I'm gonna contact them this week. Ebenefits is making GBS threads the bed too, so I can't see if the VA paid up yet.

edit: per my tuition account status, the VA hasn't paid up the 5K or so for the quarter, so that's the hold up.

Is this your first semester or have you been attending school at this university? I'd contact your certifying official ASAP and ask them why the VA hasn't sent your money. There could be any number of reasons that are holding up the process, but the actual dispersal of money hasn't taken very long after all the steps have been completed in my experience.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I've been going to school since 2013. I'll see what the financial aid people have to say.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Found what the hold up was. The school's financial aid rep forgot to request the refund.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Vasudus posted:

----------
I never collected my kicker / my kicker paperwork was never submitted. What do I do?
----------
This happened to me. The process is as follows:

Derp question here: So I did my kicker thing, but I remember when I was going to school on the GI Bill thinking (this looks as though my kicker contributions never went through). I don't think I have a copy of my kicker contract anywhere, is that stuff posted online anywhere or something? I'm a GS dude now, so I can still log into some places with my CAC, not sure if my old AF records are accessible to me there. ...or do I merely go the 'Ask a Question' route and post everything, sans kicker contract (i.e., just the enlistment contract).

Vasudus posted:

Keep in mind that the process used to calculate the kicker is borderline financial sorcery so don't expect that 50,000 or 70,000 or whatever. There is a reason they say 'up to' in the recruiting lines.

Then again, maybe it's just that... and that I did receive the money, but it looked as though I mind as well haven't? *shrugs*

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

2DCAT posted:

Derp question here: So I did my kicker thing, but I remember when I was going to school on the GI Bill thinking (this looks as though my kicker contributions never went through). I don't think I have a copy of my kicker contract anywhere, is that stuff posted online anywhere or something? I'm a GS dude now, so I can still log into some places with my CAC, not sure if my old AF records are accessible to me there. ...or do I merely go the 'Ask a Question' route and post everything, sans kicker contract (i.e., just the enlistment contract).

Then again, maybe it's just that... and that I did receive the money, but it looked as though I mind as well haven't? *shrugs*

Your enlistment contract SHOULD have proof on there, for me it was like "Option 9c" or some poo poo, I can't remember. But your online personnel poo poo should have all the necessary forms.

If you have a valid CAC, you can still access all your personnel records. I am a contractor and I can still get on everything Army related. So get whatever proof you have and submit a ticket.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
So I was just informed that as part of my GI Bill funding I'm entitled to 1200 dollars worth of tutoring over the course of my time at college? I'm asking about this because it appears that the only stipulation for who can tutor me is that they cannot be a relative. Is this true? Can I have my friend tutor me in a class I've taken I tutor him in a class I've taken and we both get paid?

1200$ in 100$ increments would do me alot of good.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Kawasaki Nun posted:

So I was just informed that as part of my GI Bill funding I'm entitled to 1200 dollars worth of tutoring over the course of my time at college? I'm asking about this because it appears that the only stipulation for who can tutor me is that they cannot be a relative. Is this true? Can I have my friend tutor me in a class I've taken I tutor him in a class I've taken and we both get paid?

1200$ in 100$ increments would do me alot of good.

Yeah how do I go about getting this tutoring money? That sounds amazing.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

TheQuietWilds posted:

Yeah how do I go about getting this tutoring money? That sounds amazing.

There's a form you fill out to get reimbursed. 100$ a month. My student veteran services office had em sitting out.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Wait what hold up how come I've never heard of this what's the catch. Not because I'm living off of Disney buxs paycheck to paycheck but so I can finish paying off my Camaro but hey free money

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

What's the difference between withdrawing from a class and getting a 'W' instead of staying in it and failing?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I think GI bill will only pay for you to take it again if you fail? Correct me if I'm wrong I swore I heard someone say this

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

vitamin the d posted:

What's the difference between withdrawing from a class and getting a 'W' instead of staying in it and failing?

https://gibill.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/401/related/1

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

What? I've failed a class before without withdrawing and still owed them money back.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

vitamin the d posted:

What? I've failed a class before without withdrawing and still owed them money back.

Yeah if you fail a class and don't get any credit you still have to pay

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Can someone explain the bizarro situations in which CH 1607 (REAP) can pay more than Post 9/11?

Essentially, I'll have 60-70% Post 9/11 if I apply for it which equates to $900-$1100 a month in BAH whereas REAP would pay based on my understanding $1070-1220 (If the buyup is used). My tuition is fully paid by the state so the only part of the benefit that actually matters to me at the moment are payments refundable to me, unless I'm missing something.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

DoktorLoken posted:

Can someone explain the bizarro situations in which CH 1607 (REAP) can pay more than Post 9/11?

Essentially, I'll have 60-70% Post 9/11 if I apply for it which equates to $900-$1100 a month in BAH whereas REAP would pay based on my understanding $1070-1220 (If the buyup is used). My tuition is fully paid by the state so the only part of the benefit that actually matters to me at the moment are payments refundable to me, unless I'm missing something.

REAP adds 12 months of benefit time.

jonhyb9
Jul 12, 2010

holocaust bloopers posted:

Found what the hold up was. The school's financial aid rep forgot to request the refund.

This is good to hear. Going to ask F.aid tomorrow. I've also run into this issue, all my classes are paid for already (took my pell and state need grant) but the VA has not paid the school so no refund for me yet, never had an issue like this at the C.C level, seems like the VA reps at the 4yr schools either have too many vets to deal with or just skate as gently caress (I had submitted my enrollment stuff back in June, they didn't file paperwork until Sept... ).

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

jonhyb9 posted:

This is good to hear. Going to ask F.aid tomorrow. I've also run into this issue, all my classes are paid for already (took my pell and state need grant) but the VA has not paid the school so no refund for me yet, never had an issue like this at the C.C level, seems like the VA reps at the 4yr schools either have too many vets to deal with or just skate as gently caress (I had submitted my enrollment stuff back in June, they didn't file paperwork until Sept... ).

It usually is a product of your student VA dept and how early everything is submitted. If you're getting hosed around then typically the Head student Liason seems like the person to talk to. After that it's probably the Dean or whatever but YMMV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Please reference new thread for veterans issues/benefits:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750680

v/r
Nostalgia4Infinity

• Locked thread