Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enelrahc
Jun 17, 2007

Usually I just live vicariously through this thread, but "Thinking Chickens" came up on Dr. Yin's fb feed today. I want to clicker train a chicken so badly, if only to watch that little brain think :3: Awesome.

(Please someone on here do this)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enelrahc
Jun 17, 2007

Dingleberry posted:

Not to hijack but have a question; I've got seven hens, three speckled, two rhode islands, two Auracanas. One of my reds "Little Red" went blind in one eye earlier this year. Then her other eye started gpung(milky/foggy look to it, pupil malformed too).
Today I noticed she's almost completely blind, she's been hunkered down in one spot in the yard all day( usually follows the other girls around all day) "Stevie Wondering" with her head. I gave 'em their a.m. treat of cantaloupe and Greek yogurt this morning and she got in on it okay.
At what point do you think her quality of life is poor enough that she needs put down? She's pretty healthy thus far but today just seemed off. She's actually one of my favorites and I guess as long as she's comfortable I don't mind taking extra time to care for/ feed her...
I can't justify vet trip for it at this point(dogs and cats galore in the house already cost a small fortune monthly).
Opinions?

Was she vaccinated? Are the rest vaccinated? Does she get beat up on by the others? Discharge? Swelling?

Enelrahc
Jun 17, 2007

Hide your chicks, hide your chicken wives.

Beware of severe bird flu in your backyard flocks and take preventative measures. It's a bad deal, mmk.

Enelrahc fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jan 15, 2015