Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Yeah I wanted HORSE as well (and a few others), but everything on my list was RSD First, so they'll get another release eventually.

Won't stop me from snooping around online tomorrow when places put extra stock up for sale, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

My store does timed appointments for RSD. I was in and out in 30 minutes with what I wanted: the Hives reissues and the Acetone live album.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Waited 4+ hours but got my loot.

Picked up those Wilco, Ramones and David Bowie releases :coal:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

all three of those were gone by the time i set foot in the door, though i was only aiming for two of them

ended up getting a couple non-rsd records that were cheaper than expected - moby's everything is wrong and boris's W - and then

eek-a-mouse - assassinator
sisters of mercy - first two EPs
the roches - s/t
va - punk 45: kill the hippies, kill yourself (i really like this series)

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

really wanted that Talking Heads release, but wasnt able to get one. Now it's all over ebay/discogs for double/triple the retail price. Very cool times to be a fan of a band who actually wants to own stuff to use it.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

dorium posted:

really wanted that Talking Heads release, but wasnt able to get one. Now it's all over ebay/discogs for double/triple the retail price. Very cool times to be a fan of a band who actually wants to own stuff to use it.

A lot of stores are posting their leftover inventory for online sales tomorrow morning at 8 eastern/7 central.

This one place in Mississippi has the Talking Heads release listed for sale right now:
https://tbonescafe.square.site/product/rsd24-talking-heads-live-at-wcoz-2lp/2714?cp=true&sa=false&sbp=false&q=false&category_id=16

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
I ended up being in Frankfurt for RSD. I skipped the releases and instead picked up tons of West Germany pressed metal/punk/industrial. My bag weighs a loving ton. Bagged original pressings of Black Celebration and Rattus Norvegicus which I'm super stoked with.

midge fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Apr 21, 2024

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

interpunct posted:

A lot of stores are posting their leftover inventory for online sales tomorrow morning at 8 eastern/7 central.

This one place in Mississippi has the Talking Heads release listed for sale right now:
https://tbonescafe.square.site/product/rsd24-talking-heads-live-at-wcoz-2lp/2714?cp=true&sa=false&sbp=false&q=false&category_id=16

Oh poo poo good looking out. Thanks!

Emetic Hustler
May 5, 2009

Stan Taylor posted:

Got my first random message on discogs of some guy in Germany wanting to buy a Bauhaus record off of me. How common is that kind of thing? I haven’t and don’t plan on selling anything anytime soon. My collection is still relatively small.

Some rich people concierge service contacted me because their client was willing to pay 1000eur for a record in my collection. And it was just a couple of years old at the time, but I guess it was OOP then. In the end they found it somewhere else, but I should have sold it, because it got a repress a few years later anyways.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Check 1-2-3-4 go records for any RSD releases you didn’t get. They typically get a ton of stock.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Man, I went an hour early to my store but still ended up like 25th in line. Missed out on Jim croce and death cab, and holy poo poo the prices for those are insane online.

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Check 1-2-3-4 go records for any RSD releases you didn’t get. They typically get a ton of stock.

Thanks - they do seem to have a lot of stock. Though I still can’t find the South Park. I was late to the game. Surely not paying scalper prices.

Marklar fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Apr 21, 2024

u_s_eh
Feb 19, 2005

I AM ALL I AM NONE
I found the BDP album on Darkside Records, they seem to have a decent selection

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

The new Sunburned Hand Of The Man 'Nimbus' record is real good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuVKQHj6RDU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBl3ybr4v4g

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
I got Liars by Todd Rundgren, probably his best album since 1981 (and one that went for $120+ before), and the 2xLP of Osmium by Parliament. not sure if that one's rare but it's a great one so, whatever

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

Stan Taylor posted:

Got my first random message on discogs of some guy in Germany wanting to buy a Bauhaus record off of me. How common is that kind of thing? I haven’t and don’t plan on selling anything anytime soon. My collection is still relatively small.

happened to me once, I posted a review of a James Ferraro record which basically said "it looks clean but plays like poo poo" and someone offered to buy it off me for 20 bucks. I figured what the hell, never gonna play that thing again anyway.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
Got a Yaqin MS-33b preamp to replace my fauly-rear end 12b model, started the process of tube rolling and god drat this thing slams.

Can actually play my HOMC Denon cart properly. It fucks.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

I bought the RSD colourway of the new Pearl Jam album and the Hives' Black and White album. And after looking for the Malfunkshun 2LP in a bunch of stores without any luck (this one was the reason I went), I found out that it was North America exclusive lol. Looks like there will be a EU release in July though.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

drat the reissue of blue shift emmisions apparantly didnt get enough orders to go into production. i didnt even know there was a goal to meet i would have probably got two. guess ill have to get an og copy now for $100+.

uncloudy day
Aug 4, 2010

Emetic Hustler posted:

Some rich people concierge service contacted me because their client was willing to pay 1000eur for a record in my collection. And it was just a couple of years old at the time, but I guess it was OOP then. In the end they found it somewhere else, but I should have sold it, because it got a repress a few years later anyways.

looking back on the times in my life that I’ve sold one of a kind or rare vintage items to extremely wealthy buyers, I regret not asking for a price in terms of their net worth. “a normal buyer would spend 0.1% of their net worth on this, it’s only fair to ask that of you too.”

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
Goddamn this is beautiful

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

What's up y'all. Been a bit. Got a new mix coming down soon but in the meantime I'm getting my old DJ posse back together for 45 Day

Here is the first mix. More to come on the weekend. All 7" set.

https://www.mixcloud.com/3mdjcollective/moss-appeal-mix-for-45-day-2024/

If you were a Portland peep back in the early 2000's you might have caught us around and some of the finer dive bars in town... Beaulahland, B.O.G., Red Flag and some others I was too drunk to remember haha.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Got some new stuff in from Light in the Attic:

Also was in New Orleans last week and didn't have as much time to hit up record stores as I would have liked but stopped by Peaches Records and got this:

It's a neat place but none of their used records were under $10 for albums (that I picked up). But seemed like a pretty broad selection of New Orleans-focused music which is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

that ALFA/YEN comp is pretty sweet but I have half these tracks on vinyl anyway

would love if the Sandii Eating Pleasure album was re-released, that thing is a trip. afaik it's kind of a YMO album by a different name. as so much YEN records stuff was.