Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«472 »
caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

HOT DANG, A REISSUE OF THE FORBIDDEN ZONE SOUNDTRACK!

(EDIT: in regards to the RSD list: http://recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

really wish that Gorillaz release was like an outtake 12" or something instead of just a 2x picture disc of Humanz

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I'm into that Bernie Worrell record and a couple others, but I doubt it's enough to drag me out of the house on black friday

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I'd buy that for a dollar!

They did a reissue of a Leonard Nimoy album and it wasn't even Two Sides of Leonard Nimoy. Lame.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

interesting how many of these are posthumous, i wonder if record store day has been a boon to the estates of some of these guys. first time ive noticed it but its probably been this way for a while

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

caligulamprey posted:

HOT DANG, A REISSUE OF THE FORBIDDEN ZONE SOUNDTRACK!

(EDIT: in regards to the RSD list: http://recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases)

Okay word? Iím totally down to grab that.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003
Hardened Criminal

stay depressed posted:

interesting how many of these are posthumous, i wonder if record store day has been a boon to the estates of some of these guys. first time ive noticed it but its probably been this way for a while

I wonder too, because the first thing that caught my eye was the Poncier album. I dig that but I assume the proceeds will go to those terrible shrews that sucked the life out of him, so maybe I'll pass.

Other than that I might get the Gram Parsons live album and maybe the Richard Hell repress.

Papa John Misty
Dec 28, 2006

I wanna be the very best,
Like no one ever was.
To catch them is my real test,
To train them is my cause.

MrSargent posted:

Maybe its because I am a vinyl noob, but I was definitely interested in a few of those records like:

Chuck Berry
Isaac Hayes
Lee "Scratch" Perry
Albert Ayler

Just go record shopping, thrifting, or even discogs. Don't go buy overpriced represses of that kinda stuff

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Papa John Misty posted:

Just go record shopping, thrifting, or even discogs. Don't go buy overpriced represses of that kinda stuff

Thatís fair. I have only been collecting since April and just havenít found any of those in decent condition yet.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Barnes and Noble has the reissue Candlebox / Lucy double for $26

Also the Skid Row B Sides reissue for $14

Blast Fantasto
Sep 17, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

CPL593H posted:

They did a reissue of a Leonard Nimoy album and it wasn't even Two Sides of Leonard Nimoy. Lame.

highly illogical

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

MrSargent posted:

Thatís fair. I have only been collecting since April and just havenít found any of those in decent condition yet.

The good news is, Black Friday RSD tends to be about 1/4 of the crowd size of regular RSD, and it's always super-chill around here (Seattle) - a good excuse to chat with other record people and hang out. There's no fighting for records, you just tell people what you're looking for and they hand it to you.

In other words even if the list is underwhelming and there's only 1 or 2 things you want it can still be fun to go out and interact with your fellow humans for the experience, if that's your thing.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Well, I wanted to pick up a reprint of Mondo's Turbo Kid soundtrack, but I forgot that they're on central time and not eastern. I check it an hour past when they post it and they're of course all gone.

I need to remember that every record store probably watches their new releases like hawks since marking up them exclusive Mondo releases is probably easy money.

Transferrins
Aug 18, 2014

Soiled Meat

Man that's rough, but you gotta keep your head up. Do some other activities you like, go for a walk, just try not to think about how happy you would be if you gotten there in time.
Maybe you can leave a little gap on your shelf where it would have fit and explain to visitors that the empty spot after the the thing soundtrack is where turbo kid is supposed to be.
They will sympathize and maybe suggest a different twitter account to track the latest releases and you can commiserate about resellers making it harder on the true heads.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

drat, dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Transferrins posted:

Man that's rough, but you gotta keep your head up. Do some other activities you like, go for a walk, just try not to think about how happy you would be if you gotten there in time.
Maybe you can leave a little gap on your shelf where it would have fit and explain to visitors that the empty spot after the the thing soundtrack is where turbo kid is supposed to be.
They will sympathize and maybe suggest a different twitter account to track the latest releases and you can commiserate about resellers making it harder on the true heads.

I just think it's funny how much resellers hit this stuff to the "OMG EXCLUSIVES"-ness of vinyls these days-- as someone who is very passive about it. Sort of like when I was like "wow, that Nintendo Mini SNES sounds like a cool thing... wait people are waiting in line for this poo poo for 20 hours so they can scalp them? gently caress that!"

«472 »