Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Ballz posted:

Since I'm on furlough this week I've been making the most of my time and doing important work, like adding stuff to the discogs database.

Please know our record handling OCD has a long, storied history. From 1959:

Osmium Needle is a pretty good band name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Hell yes, this finally came in. I got it on the bandcamp record store day thing where 100% of the cost went to the artist

Mare Cognitum/Spectral Lore - Sol

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Deakin's Sleep Cycle finally came in the mail, woo! Have a digital download code redeemable here.

Code: 8WPBWM3S

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Facebook reminded me that I posted this photo a year ago today, and I realized it was badly in need of an update, because my Boots collection has ballooned in the subsequent 366 days

I still have the Night Drives CD!! I just cannot physically locate it and I was losing light so it had to miss the family portrait 😞

pwn fucked around with this message at 00:32 on May 20, 2020

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Flylo just announced a wild delux of Flamagra on his gram

Album
Instrumentals
wild zolotrope slip mat

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
That’s cool and I like the album but not enough to buy it again.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Hey what are good non-discogs non-ebay record stores/merchants on ebay. I'm trying to find a copy of Bloodlust by Body Count.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Gaytheist is one of my favorite bands to see live here in Portland town.

This split 7in just came out.

https://learningcurverecords.bandcamp.com/album/gaytheist-intercourse-split-7

here is a download code

https://www.dropcards.com/vinyl

5G6VN679VH

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
The revamped RSD list is up for those interested:

https://recordstoreday.com/PromotionalEvent/572

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Has anyone gotten their David Lynch "Flame of Love" 7-inch yet?

pwn
May 27, 2004

No!

marjorie
May 4, 2014

Nope.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Not vinyl, but Rob Crow just put out a new acoustic covers record for digital download:

https://robcrow.bandcamp.com/album/everybodys-got-damage

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Oh poo poo, Frame by Frame?!? *clicks buy immediately*

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Ballz posted:

Has anyone gotten their David Lynch "Flame of Love" 7-inch yet?

no and if any of you get it before me i will loving lose it!!

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I have a friend who said he got a shipping confirmation on his Lynch 7" and I refuse to believe him.

marjorie
May 4, 2014

FWIW (from my order detail page, linked in the original email they send after you place an order):

pwn
May 27, 2004

Oh weird. I checked my order page and have the same message. I would’ve expected a proper shipping notification.

At any rate: Neat

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

marjorie posted:

FWIW (from my order detail page, linked in the original email they send after you place an order):

Good looking out. I was getting worried because I saw a discogs page had been made for it and people were saying they had gotten copies.

Edit: apparently mine was also shipped on May 28... but that delivery estimate of June 11 is :staredog:

Ballz fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jun 6, 2020

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Shipping times are weird everywhere. I sent a package from Chicago to England that left on April 29 and arrived on June 3. According to tracking, it left the US on May 6, so it must’ve swum over there.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Oh hell yeah it's been sent, sounds like we were all waiting for a shipping email that never came.

Ballz posted:

Edit: apparently mine was also shipped on May 28... but that delivery estimate of June 11 is :staredog:
You on the west coast? It's (I'm assuming) shipping as Media Mail out of New York which is a pretty standard estimate.

Also: The world is on fire, and rightfully so. I just assume delays are inevitable.

...I'm still kicking myself that I hit the order button so fast on this thing that I didn't scroll down and see the super special clear edition

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

caligulamprey posted:

Oh hell yeah it's been sent, sounds like we were all waiting for a shipping email that never came.

You on the west coast? It's (I'm assuming) shipping as Media Mail out of New York which is a pretty standard estimate.

Also: The world is on fire, and rightfully so. I just assume delays are inevitable.

...I'm still kicking myself that I hit the order button so fast on this thing that I didn't scroll down and see the super special clear edition

Nope, just a little trip down I-95 to Virginia. But yeah I’m sure Covid has slowed a lot of things down, especially media mail. But I’ve had a lot of discogs packages arrive pretty quickly so idk

marjorie
May 4, 2014

I just ordered a record off of eBay that shipped yesterday and it's estimated to arrive the day after the Lynch album. They're both coming from the east coast (I'm on the west coast) and presumably shipping via media mail, so I'm not sure why there's such a difference. Maybe the bandcamp estimate is just generous and I'll be surprised with an earlier delivery!

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

caligulamprey posted:

ill be sure to let you know how much better it is than the normie version :smug:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

marjorie posted:

I just ordered a record off of eBay that shipped yesterday and it's estimated to arrive the day after the Lynch album. They're both coming from the east coast (I'm on the west coast) and presumably shipping via media mail, so I'm not sure why there's such a difference. Maybe the bandcamp estimate is just generous and I'll be surprised with an earlier delivery!

It wouldn't surprise me if they gave everyone who bought those Lynch records the exact same shipping estimate dates, but actually are taking several days to pack up send them all out. So if you were top of the stack you may have gotten it already while bottom of the pile might not have even made it to the post office yet.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

It's not just the mail, it's the record labels themselves. The smaller ones have smaller staff in normal circumstances. I order the new Perfume Genius album a day before the release date and it took about three weeks. Plus a lot of times when you buy poo poo online it's marked as shipped as soon as they print the shipping labels.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

Giga Gaia posted:

ill be sure to let you know how much better it is than the normie version :smug:

I don't know, it seems that anything by Lynch being clear and transparent is unfitting.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I was really happy to be able to go flip through some records at Newbury Comics the other day, picked up this fella in the .99 cent pile, a quick clean and it was good to go.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Fors Yard posted:

I don't know, it seems that anything by Lynch being clear and transparent is unfitting.

lol thats a really good point

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

That Rob Crow cover album got me falling down a Rudimentary Peni hole. Of course it's all out of print. :smith:

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Rudi Peni owns. Their stuff is all way expensive, though. Way more than I ever paid.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

got my jack cruz and listened to it. now to put it in the stacks and forget it exists.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Giga Gaia posted:

got my jack cruz and listened to it. now to put it in the stacks and forget it exists.

Another $15 well-spent

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Third Man is releasing a Stooges live album recorded in 1970 that's them performing all of the songs from Funhouse. IT's also soundboard sourced which isn't typical of Stooges live records. I'm pretty hyped.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Truly a blessed day, Sacred Bones sent me clear variant by accident.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
lol I love that each song is like 2 minutes long. this is a perfect 'oh. it's over.' experience.

marjorie
May 4, 2014

drat, I got a delivery today and was hoping that was it, but no dice. Maybe tomorrow? Ah well, I'm looking forward to this one anyway!

Mystery Steve
Nov 9, 2006
Fun Shoe

caligulamprey posted:

Truly a blessed day, Sacred Bones sent me clear variant by accident.

I hope they don't do that to me I bought both, anyone in the UK received theirs yet?

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Hey I got a delivery today too:

Extremely hyped since this is my first video game soundtrack on vinyl, and I no longer have to regret passing it up at a flea market a few years back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Light in the Attic is reissuing Haruomi Hosono’s Pacific and The Aegean Sea among some other City Pop bops which is great news if you can look past the hard dicked price.

I assume that’s just the nature of Japanese music licensing, but $45 for a single LP still a pretty tough pill to swallow. I’ll either cave some late drunken evening or miss out again like I did for their Seaside Lovers LP.

Is any other major label reissuing City Pop albums that may be putting out some Tatsuro Yamashita stuff in the nearish future?

Kart Barfunkel fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jun 16, 2020