Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
nice, was always hoping to come across that one in the wild

e: lol no longer on page 666

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

timing!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Not satan but I just got this in the mail and I so loving excited. One of my favorite albums+impossible to find streaming+import is the autumn trifecta

That's a great one. Tom the Model is one of my all-time favourites since old times.

Funny thing, I never bothered to find out who Rustin Man was in like 15 years, then only recently I got really into Talk Talk and wouldn't you know, he was their bassist all along.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

My Lovely Horse posted:

That's a great one. Tom the Model is one of my all-time favourites since old times.

Funny thing, I never bothered to find out who Rustin Man was in like 15 years, then only recently I got really into Talk Talk and wouldn't you know, he was their bassist all along.

I was actually in the same boat until I was skimming wikipedia the other day. Such a great album.

I am really enjoying the hunting aspect of finding albums that are out of print but I also think this... collecting may be an affliction a bit. Seeing something I want in my collection down to one listed copy or limited edition or something like that tickles a very strange part of my "buy it now" brain and I imagine I am not the only person in this thread like that.

I really need to set myself a budget or something but my collection is so empty right now.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

I finally got a copy of How the West Was Won today because I found it at amoeba used for $100.

One of the best live albums ever.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Not satan but I just got this in the mail and I so loving excited. One of my favorite albums+impossible to find streaming+import is the autumn trifecta

Live At Nassau Colosseum loving rules.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Halloween miracle. :devil:

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Udiscover has another code that stacks on the existing sale. Free US shipping. Some good stuff in there

30OFF!FALL

All the records I ordered last time showed up fast and in perfect condition.

Ultimate Peggy Lee 2LP
$18.89
The Black Album LP
$12.50
Songs For The Deaf 2LP (Lol VMP selling this for $47)
$24.49
Mama Said Knock You Out LP 1
$13.99
Discount 30OFF!FALL - $20.96 off
Shipping & Handling Free
Total USD $48.91

Might dip in for another round. There was a bunch of stuff I wanted to grab but in these weird times dunno if spending a hundred bux on vinyl is smart.

My referral link
http://i.refs.cc/gmpVJ0CS?smile_ref...jpudWxsfQ%3D%3D

Regular link
https://shop.udiscovermusic.com/collections/vinyl

sporklift fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Nov 2, 2020

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
Awesome thanks for the heads up!

Snagged Songs for the Deaf 2LP and Carly Rae Jepsens Emotion for $30. Sweet deal.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Thanks for that!

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

That's rad as gently caress, but that coupon doesn't work for Dr. Octagonecologyst and I'm sad now. :smith:

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

caligulamprey posted:

That's rad as gently caress, but that coupon doesn't work for Dr. Octagonecologyst and I'm sad now. :smith:

It should? It takes it off your whole cart.

Edit:
I really prefer that art to the version I have.
https://www.discogs.com/Dr-Octagon-Dr-Octagon/release/1232492

sporklift fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Nov 2, 2020

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

sporklift posted:

It should? It takes it off your whole cart.
That one wasn't working for me on anything I threw at it, but I did just use the code !TRICKORTREAT10 and got $10 off and got the record for $8.19. :getin:

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

caligulamprey posted:

That one wasn't working for me on anything I threw at it, but I did just use the code !TRICKORTREAT10 and got $10 off and got the record for $8.19. :getin:

I think that happened to me on the last sale. Had to clear my cache or use a different computer. I can't remember. But hey. You seemed to have gotten a better deal. Sweet.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

AccountSupervisor posted:

Snagged Songs for the Deaf 2LP and Carly Rae Jepsens Emotion for $30. Sweet deal.

With the $10 off coupon I just got Emotion for $5.77 shipped lol

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Looks like you can use that code with multiple orders if you wanna be sneaky and also have a lot of cardboard.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

caligulamprey posted:

lol hell yeah I just got Iggy Pop's "the Idiot" for less than $6

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

caligulamprey posted:

Looks like you can use that code with multiple orders if you wanna be sneaky and also have a lot of cardboard.

i tried this with a different email and it says it's already been used :(

but i did just get jimmy eat world's bleed american for $5 so gently caress yeah

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

kumba posted:

i tried this with a different email and it says it's already been used :(

but i did just get jimmy eat world's bleed american for $5 so gently caress yeah

caligulamprey posted:

Private browsing worked for me. :ninja:

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

nice, grabbed Parliament - Chocolate City and Donald Byrd - Chant.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

sporklift posted:

Private browsing worked for me. :ninja:

that's what i was doing, i even tried a different browser entirely!

then i tried again and changed the address by 1 digit, applied the coupon, then changed it back and it worked :ninja:

so thanks now i have a nice christmas gift for the wife :D

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Patronize your local record store and pay a fair price instead of scamming some website for stupid poo poo you don’t need

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

lament.cfg posted:

Patronize your local record store and pay a fair price instead of scamming some website for stupid poo poo you don’t need
Yes but also on the other hand, UDiscover is owned by Universal so scam the utter gently caress out of it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Warren G.
Beastie Boys.
Guru.

Carly Rae Jepsen.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

caligulamprey posted:

Yes but also on the other hand, UDiscover is owned by Universal so scam the utter gently caress out of it.

My gf is an executive at Universal and she approves this scam fwiw

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

lament.cfg posted:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

sporklift posted:

Udiscover has another code that stacks on the existing sale. Free US shipping. Some good stuff in there

30OFF!FALL

All the records I ordered last time showed up fast and in perfect condition.

Ultimate Peggy Lee 2LP
$18.89
The Black Album LP
$12.50
Songs For The Deaf 2LP (Lol VMP selling this for $47)
$24.49
Mama Said Knock You Out LP 1
$13.99
Discount 30OFF!FALL - $20.96 off
Shipping & Handling Free
Total USD $48.91

Might dip in for another round. There was a bunch of stuff I wanted to grab but in these weird times dunno if spending a hundred bux on vinyl is smart.

My referral link
http://i.refs.cc/gmpVJ0CS?smile_ref...jpudWxsfQ%3D%3D

Regular link
https://shop.udiscovermusic.com/collections/vinyl

Thanks for this, I picked up the Rammstein - Herzeleid 25th Anniversary (which is a preorder btw) and Bleed American for $35 total.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Thanks, got Straight Outta Compton and 808s and Heartbreak for just over $30.

lament.cfg posted:

On that note, bandcamp friday is coming up, anyone want to recommend anything?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Schremp Howard posted:

Thanks, got Straight Outta Compton and 808s and Heartbreak for just over $30.

On that note, bandcamp friday is coming up, anyone want to recommend anything?

https://bandcamp.com/dorium

anything from my collection. those Wax Chattels releases are ace!

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

lament.cfg posted:

I dunno. I feel they are trying to move stock. Of they didn't want people using the codes multiple times they could have just sent out unique codes to email subscribers.

I love my local shops but they would not have any of the records I ordered. Last time I called they had two of the 15 I asked for.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

sporklift posted:

I dunno. I feel they are trying to move stock. Of they didn't want people using the codes multiple times they could have just sent out unique codes to email subscribers.

I love my local shops but they would not have any of the records I ordered. Last time I called they had two of the 15 I asked for.

Last time I went to the local record shop I came within two hours of getting exposed to covid. So now all my Christmas and other shopping is being done online to say the least. I'm still searching through uDiscover myself but lol at this getting an audiophile reissue. Here's today's mail call btw:

There was a distribution issue with this one, but the label was nice and got me a copy of the more expensive edition. The color's not as nifty, but hey my collection of Desert Suns' physical albums is now complete!

Because the song Rain keeps getting stuck in my head I got this. Random color of vinyl isn't as cool as I'd hoped (it's translucent too) but oh well. Nice music to chill to. Now it's time to wait for the torrent of November preorders to come.

edit:

Lol wut? I know it's cool to hate on Beiber but drat. I added it to my cart just to see and so far it hasn't made the total go up. Dunno if i'll go through with it though.

Turbinosamente fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Nov 3, 2020

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Thank you for this. Ended up picking up 808s for cheap.

Turbinosamente posted:

Lol wut? I know it's cool to hate on Beiber but drat. I added it to my cart just to see and so far it hasn't made the total go up. Dunno if i'll go through with it though.

They show a bunch at 0.00, but the shipping is still regular priced on them.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I got the White Album 4lp box for $42, To the Five Boroughs (blue) for $17, and a few other cheaper single disc releases. I hate spending a bunch of money on new pressings but I won't be able to get those prices for a long time, and that Beatles box seems like a nice set.

If you want to go crazy with the $10 off coupon, there's tons of $17.50 releases and $20 colored releases available.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
My budget is light so I'm still having a long hard think about what to get. Deeply considering the Rory Gallagher greatest hits, and although it's dumb, possibly the Seth Macfarlane Christmas album. If there was ever a man born out of his time it's Seth Macfarlane: he would have been a great song and dance man in 1930s Hollywood. Also took Tesla's new acoustic jam album into consideration but it's merely okay, doesn't quite have the same energy as the original imho. Other consideration is George Clinton - Computer Games.

edit if any one cares:

Rory Gallagher Greatest hits LP, Seth Macfarlane Christmas LP, and Tesla London Jam CD with 30% off code for $38 and I abused the $10 off code on a separate order for the Rory Gallagher live in '77 CD at $4. CDs be cheap, y'all (unless you are trying to find a reasonably priced copy of Mystic Presents: Instrumental Magic. loving mail order only in the 90s poo poo).

Turbinosamente fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Nov 3, 2020

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Picked up D'Angelo Voodoo, The Roots Do You Want More, Things Fall Apart and Tipping Point, and Dr. Octagonecologyst. All stuff I own on CD so why not double dip in another format.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
I hope this dumb sale is still going in 6 hours when my check comes in.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Turbinosamente posted:

How can you not get this? It's the perfect gag gift.

wa27 posted:

I got the White Album 4lp box for $42, To the Five Boroughs (blue) for $17, and a few other cheaper single disc releases. I hate spending a bunch of money on new pressings but I won't be able to get those prices for a long time, and that Beatles box seems like a nice set.

If you want to go crazy with the $10 off coupon, there's tons of $17.50 releases and $20 colored releases available.

Does the ten bucks apply to the already reduced prices and what's that code? I'm a dumb dumb and I missed it in the thread.

edit: Never mind. I just scrolled up instead of being a fat lazy dickhead.

Turbinosamente posted:

If there was ever a man born out of his time it's Seth Macfarlane

You mean because of his lovely bigoted sense of humor?

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Nov 3, 2020

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

CPL593H posted:

How can you not get this? It's the perfect gag gift.

You mean because of his lovely bigoted sense of humor?

Alas, I am not dedicated enough to prank anybody with a Beiber album. And MacFarlane's lovely humor goes with the whole 1930s Hollywood man idea: A suave likeable, maybe attractive guy on screen and a douche off screen irl like many actors have been noted to be. I associate him with the real old school spectacle way of doing musicals and musical films too, like Gold Diggers of 1933 type poo poo. He'd fit right in on the set of any of those type films.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Turbinosamente posted:

Alas, I am not dedicated enough to prank anybody with a Beiber album. And MacFarlane's lovely humor goes with the whole 1930s Hollywood man idea: A suave likeable, maybe attractive guy on screen and a douche off screen irl like many actors have been noted to be. I associate him with the real old school spectacle way of doing musicals and musical films too, like Gold Diggers of 1933 type poo poo. He'd fit right in on the set of any of those type films.

I just bought a couple Brian Eno albums because you mother fuckers are bad influence and 26 bucks shipped for two of them was too good a deal to pass up. Anyway, I was going to throw in the Biebz to send to someone as a gag gift and I completely forgot about it in the five minutes between my post and actually ordering.

And re: Seth McFarlane. Family Guy had the most transphobic "joke" I've ever seen second only to Ace Ventura so I just think he's a huge piece of poo poo. Plus his lovely cartoons are a cancer on the medium of television. This one isn't a valid criticism, but I just think he's got a super weird looking face that I find uncomfortable to look at. It's kind of uncanny valley and almost reminds me of the aliens from Fire in the Sky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

CPL593H posted:

And re: Seth McFarlane. Family Guy had the most transphobic "joke" I've ever seen second only to Ace Ventura so I just think he's a huge piece of poo poo. Plus his lovely cartoons are a cancer on the medium of television. This one isn't a valid criticism, but I just think he's got a super weird looking face that I find uncomfortable to look at. It's kind of uncanny valley and almost reminds me of the aliens from Fire in the Sky.

Definitely separating art from artist a little hard on this one. I kinda remember pre-cancellation Family Guy being passable? Ish? But after it came back it went from bad to worse in more ways than just offensive jokes. I'm afraid to look back at the first couple of seasons because I probably remember it being better than it was, and the show skated a bit by just daring to be different than The Simpsons at the time of its debut.