Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Faye
Feb 17, 2005

Are you ready for an ORGAN SOLO?!

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

I sent him a message saying "I hope you're joking. No one's going to pay you $4000 for that. You'd be lucky to get $40."

He replied "cool"

"ThAnK yOU VeRy MucH FoR LoOkINg "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Also please note that this has not caused him to do any more research whatsoever and the price is still the same.

Farts Domino
May 8, 2004

Longshot but I'm going to be spending a few days in Vienna. Any clues as to where the 45s at?

thebigpicture
Nov 14, 2007
Just got a 25% of vinyl coupon from Newbury Comics in their e-mail newsletter. Good until 12/21 for all of us in New England (retail stores only).

http://imgur.com/b5FQy

Tiny Faye
Feb 17, 2005

thebigpicture posted:

Just got a 25% of vinyl coupon from Newbury Comics in their e-mail newsletter. Good until 12/21 for all of us in New England (retail stores only).

I came here to post this. Stoked.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

alg posted:

gently caress. Raveonettes B-sides album is $50.00. You can't do that with a bunch of stuff not good enough for an album!

Wait, what's this?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Ras Het posted:

Wait, what's this?

B-Side 2xLP

http://www.theraveonettes.com/

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009

thebigpicture posted:

look at that. can I print it out from there? I never actually subscribed to the newsletter.

Tiny Faye
Feb 17, 2005

LtTennisBall posted:

look at that. can I print it out from there? I never actually subscribed to the newsletter.

Probably, or just show it to them on your phone if you have a smart phone. The coupon code is the same on the email I received so it's not like it's a unique number for each customer.

Rama Lama Magnus
Oct 31, 2004

Vegetable King

This guy passed away leaving behind thousands of LPs that were sold to a person I know that runs an auction house. Yesterday I went and flipped through crates and crates with horrible crap and managed to picked up about twenty good ones for 5$ a piece. This was one of them. The cover is not in the greatest shape but the vinyl looks and plays just fine.

Farts Domino
May 8, 2004

Rama Lama Magnus posted:

This guy passed away leaving behind thousands of LPs that were sold to a person I know that runs an auction house. Yesterday I went and flipped through crates and crates with horrible crap and managed to picked up about twenty good ones for 5$ a piece. This was one of them. The cover is not in the greatest shape but the vinyl looks and plays just fine.
hot diggity!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Rama Lama Magnus posted:

That's a drat good find for five bucks. Everyone else has all the luck.

milk teeth
Oct 13, 2009

Rama Lama Magnus posted:

holyshit.
what else'd you get?

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.

Not an Anthem posted:

If its not worth it I might try making a DIY cutterhead..

Speaking from personal experience, this is something that will leave you broken inside and wishing you'd just bought an old Presto off the bay. :negative:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

Got mine in the mail today:

I want to blast it right now, but one of my speakers is in the shop... Could do headphones I suppose, but um... I want to BLAST it. loving love that black and pink splatter. This cell phone photo doesn't do it justice whatsoever.

Cool, yeah just hit me with a PM when you know for sure, but if it's clear red, it's probably one of the first pressings I think. Definitely interested.

I got pink w/ white splatter because :3:

blastin' it now!

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

theradiostillsucks posted:

Unless their shipping has improved since the first press, you've got a seam split or two to look forward to. Did they actually use the painting for the cover art this time around? Mine has the dude in the center of a black background and looks like some sort of Death in June bootleg.

I've seen on image, and I think it's an old one of the original copies, but it has the Death of Marat as the cover.

And from my understanding, their shipping process has either improved or your case was an exception. Sorry to hear that, and I am really hopeful it doesn't happen to me.

Rama Lama Magnus
Oct 31, 2004

Vegetable King

milk teeth posted:

holyshit.
what else'd you get?

Nothing really interesting, early reissues of The Seeds "Raw & Alive" and Spirit "Twelve Dreams Of Dr. Sardonicus" the most surprising finds.
And this strange album http://www.discogs.com/No-Artist-Spider-Man-From-Beyond-The-Grave-A-Rockomic/release/768350 No idea what it is!
I suspect someone already have gone through the albums and picked out the albums worth something before selling them to the auction house. There were probably twenty crates of lovely country and sealed radio promo albums.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Slightly off topic but does anyone know how a European such as myself can file a complaint against a webshop? BurntToastVinyl has been screwing around with me for months and I'm fed up.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Slightly off topic but does anyone know how a European such as myself can file a complaint against a webshop? BurntToastVinyl has been screwing around with me for months and I'm fed up.

Never trust a website who's color palate is entirely 80s pastels.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Never trust a website who's color palate is entirely 80s pastels.

Their site looked different when I ordered :smith:

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Who exactly are you looking to file a complaint with? If you bought something from them and they didn't ship it or something like that, reverse the charges with your credit card provider.

Handshake Drugs
Oct 21, 2010
I love Bullmoose, my local music store. Just picked up The Jesus Lizard - Club 2xLP, which is the soundtrack to a DVD release from a few months ago. I saw it in the store and hadn't heard of it before, so I was a little wary about it and decided to pass. Got back home and researched it and found great reviews but also that it's a 1000 print run with no intention of a reprint. Needless to say, I immediately went back out and got it and it's wonderful.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Went to Amoeba and Rasputin last night and got some stuff:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Handshake Drugs posted:

I love Bullmoose, my local music store. Just picked up The Jesus Lizard - Club 2xLP, which is the soundtrack to a DVD release from a few months ago. I saw it in the store and hadn't heard of it before, so I was a little wary about it and decided to pass. Got back home and researched it and found great reviews but also that it's a 1000 print run with no intention of a reprint. Needless to say, I immediately went back out and got it and it's wonderful.

Bull Moose is loving awesome. Went there a few weeks ago and picked up Coldplay's "Mylo Xyloto" on vinyl. Wish I had more cash so I could go and buy all the ones I want.

Handshake Drugs
Oct 21, 2010
They really are. I'm a pretty frugal person, but I have to sometimes struggle to keep myself from going in and spending a boat load. They just have so much stuff that I want and at really great prices too. It doesn't help that I live 5 minutes away from one.

Received my Neutral Milk Hotel box set today. Gonna give everything a spin tomorrow, but the presentation is absolutely gorgeous.

Love Like Blood
Sep 9, 2009

Rama Lama Magnus posted:

On a related note I walked into one of my local records shops to find a copy of Here Are The Sonics lying on a chair, unfortunately it wasn't for sale and just drying out after there had been in a minor flood in the guy's collection out back. I was bummed out, I wonder how many copies there are over here in the UK...

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

chime_on posted:

Who exactly are you looking to file a complaint with? If you bought something from them and they didn't ship it or something like that, reverse the charges with your credit card provider.

Paid with paypal and they kept me busy long enough so I'm powerless about complaining. I'm just gonna keep bothering them. Like an imp.

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Paid with paypal and they kept me busy long enough so I'm powerless about complaining. I'm just gonna keep bothering them. Like an imp.

Are you in Italy? If so, I feel for you somewhat because your postal service is the worst.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

theradiostillsucks posted:

Are you in Italy? If so, I feel for you somewhat because your postal service is the worst.

Oh god no. It's just this site giving me the roundabout.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Oh god no. It's just this site giving me the roundabout.

Did you pay with a credit card using paypal as a payment processor or did you use a paypal account balance? If you do a chargeback on paypal you'll get your money back and they will take the money from the vendor automatically.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Dmitri-9 posted:

Did you pay with a credit card using paypal as a payment processor or did you use a paypal account balance? If you do a chargeback on paypal you'll get your money back and they will take the money from the vendor automatically.

Paypal balance. So I can't chargeback.

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

:fella:Life is overwhelming:fella:
I'm shipping a 7" internationally for the first time and I was just wondering if there's anything extra I should to ensure it gets there safely. Its going to Germany if it matters.

Love Like Blood
Sep 9, 2009
If it's in a picture sleeve, take the record out so it doesn't split the spine. Stick a bit of cardboard in the envelope to stiffen it (if you've got proper record mailers this is less important). Make sure the address is clear - I always use block capitals. If it's expensive it might be worth getting it sent insured post. I've heard people talking about having to pay import taxes, but not in Germany as far as I know. Be prepared to fill out a LOT of forms in future if you're sending to Russia or the US (this is if you're not in either of those).

Posting to Germany's been fine from my experience, so I wouldn't worry too much.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

By the way, there are 12" pizza boxes that are just right for mailing 12" records. I only realized this when I received such a package, from Italy of course.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Never ever, under any circumstances, send an LP in a pizza box. EVER. Jesus gently caress.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Never ever, under any circumstances, send an LP in a pizza box. EVER. Jesus gently caress.

I had one come to me in a pizza box once. It was perfectly fine. Though to be fair it was one of those cardboard ones and it was well stuffed(it was also unused). I'm not saying this would be the method of shipping I'd ever choose, but it's not that big a deal. Honestly I'm amazed every time I get a record in the mail that isn't mangled. LP mailers just don't seem like they can stand much abuse. I've even had poo poo come to me from the UK in nothing more than an envelope. And to this day I've never had a problem with shipping. Of course now that I've said it, whatever my next thing is will probably be destroyed when it gets here.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ChaosNonMusica posted:

What kind of weird-rear end pizza boxes do you have that aren't suitable for sending LPs?

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools

The Doo Do Chasers posted:

I'm shipping a 7" internationally for the first time and I was just wondering if there's anything extra I should to ensure it gets there safely. Its going to Germany if it matters.

I use a size #2 bubble mailer with four pieces of corrugated cardboard (two on each side) cut to just a bit larger than the sleeve itself. eBay Power Seller with 100% feedback, and I ship 7"s every week or two, so it seems like a pretty good way of doing it from my experience. Be sure to tape down the self-adhesive flap with packing tape since they're unreliable sometimes.

Space Faggot
Jun 11, 2009
I once had someone send me a record inside of an empty Doobie Brothers gatefold cover. At first I was really confused and pissed off until I opened it up to find the actual album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
I was pissed when someone on eBay sent me Black Moth Super Rainbow's first EP in a bubble mailer with no cardboard support. There's only 500 of them out there. Thanks rear end hole.