Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beanzor
Feb 4, 2005

We dropped turkeys out of planes just to fill up the sky.

And we know damn well that they can't fly.
New to this thread and casual vinyl listener/collector.
Just got this pile of weeb poo poo from Japan over the weekend and couldn't be happier.

edit: 666 snypa. :rock::devil::rock: post the metal-est vinyl you got.

Beanzor fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Oct 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Yay! We made it!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Perfect timing, this just arrived today:

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

CPL593H posted:

Yay! We made it!

i saw a copy of this in the wild once but it was $30 and i couldn't justify it :negative:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Giga Gaia posted:

i saw a copy of this in the wild once but it was $30 and i couldn't justify it :negative:

Would you ever listen to it even a single time? Honestly? Buy something you'll actually play

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWTIMnn30bw

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Heath posted:

Would you ever listen to it even a single time? Honestly? Buy something you'll actually play

It's a pretty good country gospel record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czLceBSD7Cc

Obligatory

But this is probably more evil

Comedy option

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Hail Satanic Satanist

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Giga Gaia posted:

There's a Light in the Attic reissue that's 20 bucks.

Heath posted:

The album itself is really good.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Heath posted:

But enough about video game soundtracks

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
My contribution to page 666. IDGAF that shipping from France costs as much as the album itself, totally worth it.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Heath posted:

absolutely would, but not for 30 bux. picking up random albums based entirely on the cover is one of the fun things about this hobby imo. thats how i got foetus' nail album for like $8

CPL593H posted:

There's a Light in the Attic reissue that's 20 bucks.

thats good to know. its one of those albums i want to just run into by chance so maybe i'll see it around

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I love the devil

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Maaaaaaaan is the smoky red Bungle variant really coming out next month? I want mine right now.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
what the hell

https://twitter.com/scott4listener/status/1321829118833545217

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

I wanted to call bullshit but seeing the thumbnail of the person who posted that looks like someone who would scratch the gently caress out of a record.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Truly some satanic poo poo posted on page 666

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Got a few early Depeche Mode songs in mind where I'd consider the treatment to be honest

anyway if this was remotely a thing there'd be a machine to do it.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
https://twitter.com/dioerasabbath/status/1321885593178116100/photo/1

Imagine being this dumb and wrong

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I refuse to believe that the people posting these things aren't just trolling. That reminds me, what happened to that poster who use to take pictures of rare or valuable records stuck in litter boxes and smeared with mustard and stuff?

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Barry posted:

Truly some satanic poo poo posted on page 666

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
I don't go in for this type of music for the most part but I did go to a Doyle show a few years ago and got a couple signatures on the jacket. Enjoy the spooooky photo

I've listened to it all of 3 times :monocle:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Hail Satan.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Giga Gaia posted:

absolutely would, but not for 30 bux. picking up random albums based entirely on the cover is one of the fun things about this hobby imo. thats how i got foetus' nail album for like $8

Sure, but weird religious albums fall into the territory of "would play once for the novelty and never again" for me, but that style of music is utterly outside of my personal taste zone. If you'd listen to it, then by all means

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Heath posted:

Sure, but weird religious albums fall into the territory of "would play once for the novelty and never again" for me, but that style of music is utterly outside of my personal taste zone. If you'd listen to it, then by all means

It's not really a weird religious album. Obviously they sing about Jesus and stuff but it's just a good country album and anyone who has even a passing interest in the genre should pick it up. People are definitely drawn to it because of the cover but there is real substance to it.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

CPL593H posted:

It's not really a weird religious album. Obviously they sing about Jesus and stuff but it's just a good country album and anyone who has even a passing interest in the genre should pick it up. People are definitely drawn to it because of the cover but there is real substance to it.

Yeah. It is a good and highly regarded album. Looks like the prices on it have jumped up again though.

Thanks for the knowledge drop about the line in/usb stuff CPL593H and Kazinsal. Like I said I was running my turntables into my main mixer and then out of that to a little Numark M101usb and out of that to my computer. Freeing up a wall plug and a usb port is nice. Also having one less component in the signal chain is probably good.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Heath posted:

i mean sure, i get that. in general though, how often do you actually listen to all your albums? ive got probably 400 hours of records, 1500 digital albums plus whatever the heck ive got available to me on my bandcamp follows. some of them are just gonna be a once maybe 6 to 8 months kind of thing.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
Some new age/ambient stuff from Japan, yes I know what the album cover looks like

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Giga Gaia posted:

i mean sure, i get that. in general though, how often do you actually listen to all your albums? ive got probably 400 hours of records, 1500 digital albums plus whatever the heck ive got available to me on my bandcamp follows. some of them are just gonna be a once maybe 6 to 8 months kind of thing.

Yeah but you own them now

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I get rid of the ones I don't rotate at least semi-regularly, personally. When I go do trade-ins and I look through my stuff and I can't remember the last time I listened to something it goes in the sale pile.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Giga Gaia posted:

I have a few dozen turntables all running at the same time at all times.

Heath posted:

I get rid of the ones I don't rotate at least semi-regularly, personally. When I go do trade-ins and I look through my stuff and I can't remember the last time I listened to something it goes in the sale pile.

Get rid of? I don't understand.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Like I said earlier in the thread, I learned from years of collecting video games to keep my collections trim

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

screaden posted:

Some new age/ambient stuff from Japan, yes I know what the album cover looks like

Have no idea what that is supposed to look like. I have no background reference

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

CPL593H posted:

Get rid of? I don't understand.

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar
My 666 contribution, the most evil album cover I own.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
Arrived today, just in time for page #666!

It's soooo loving good. So much information, newspaper article clippings, band photos, album cover art from the various countries it was released in, a version in original, one in quad stereo, and 4 LP live recording.

However, the company which sent it to me sent me the wrong version of L7's "Hungry for Stink". They sent me the remaster, not the clear vinyl version I wanted. Grrr.

Enos Cabell posted:

Perfect timing, this just arrived today:

gently caress YES! Mine has been listed as being on the way, and I can't wait for it to arrive. Also have the CD version coming because I want it for my car. Going to love the gently caress out of this.

Edit: Anyone have a record cleaning kit they recommend, as well as proper handling and care steps from the very beginning? I have also received from MOFI sleeves to put my albums in, getting rid of the poo poo paper ones for some of the records I have received, but want to put a nice clean record in them, not one which might have paper fibre residue still lingering on it.

The Dark Project fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Oct 30, 2020

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I just shot an email over to Ipecac wondering when those sweet, sweet Ruby Red copies would be shipping. Listened to it on the way to work this morning and now I wanna punch poo poo nonstop.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

The Dark Project posted:

Edit: Anyone have a record cleaning kit they recommend, as well as proper handling and care steps from the very beginning? I have also received from MOFI sleeves to put my albums in, getting rid of the poo poo paper ones for some of the records I have received, but want to put a nice clean record in them, not one which might have paper fibre residue still lingering on it.

Spin Clean.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Not satan but I just got this in the mail and I so loving excited. One of my favorite albums+impossible to find streaming+import is the autumn trifecta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

checking in: