Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Toe Rag posted:

Kraftwerk is properly listened to in German IMO.

what's probably my favorite kraftwerk album (ralf und florian) is instrumental so it doesn't matter

I'd double up on the other records, probably, if I wasn't taking the "if I stumble across them, I'll buy them" approach to collecting kraftwerk, I don't super have an opinion about which of the vocal takes are better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
They're all good records, Brent

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
holy smokes I think I need to sell this record apparently https://www.discogs.com/sell/list?master_id=1409973&ev=mb&format=Vinyl - crazy how prices jump on stuff that goes out of print, wish there was a way to tell what is going to be pressed indefinitely and what won't be. you kind of get a feel for it but it's educated guesses.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Born Stupid by Paul Leary is good. Go buy that.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

My little brother is a huge Justice fan. He's got all their records and weird limited editions and stuff. i wonder if hes got that one.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Sell the albums, keep the live remix albums. So bizarre they justice-up their studio records for live presentation rather than just make more albums that sound like cross.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
That dredg album I posted a few pages back certainly didn't take long to skyrocket:

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Yea hopefully dredg does a plain black vinyl repress. I listened to that live record after you posted about it and remembered why I liked it back when.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Let's all pretend to be shocked.

https://blog.discogs.com/en/daft-punk-spike-in-sales-collections-wants-discogs-data

quote:

Let’s take Daft Punk’s most release on Discogs: the original Random Access Memories double-LP on 180-gram vinyl. As of writing, the median price is $35.50 and the most that anyone has shelled out for it is $73.16 (which was actually in January of this year). However, the lowest listing price currently in the Marketplace is $158.73. That’s a 158% increase from the median price to the current listing price.

quote:

Now, let’s dig a little deeper into the discography. The original European vinyl pressing of Alive 1997 (recorded live in, you guessed it, 1997) boasts a median price of $22.87. Right now, the lowest price tag available in the Marketplace is $498.78, a 2,081% increase.

Duey
Sep 5, 2004

Hi
Nap Ghost

The Walrus posted:

holy smokes I think I need to sell this record apparently https://www.discogs.com/sell/list?master_id=1409973&ev=mb&format=Vinyl - crazy how prices jump on stuff that goes out of print, wish there was a way to tell what is going to be pressed indefinitely and what won't be. you kind of get a feel for it but it's educated guesses.

I bought this last year for $30? Wtf?

EDIT: Wow, drat. Checked the prices on my Discogs stuff and some things have just skyrocketed. My Opeth Live LP's are selling for $350?? Maybe this is like when I see Buzzfeed articles trying to convince me that the old Disney VHS's in my parents attic are actually worth thousands. It's just people putting them up for that much but not actually selling for that much.

Duey fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Mar 5, 2021

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

CPL593H posted:

Let's all pretend to be shocked.

Oh my I think I have a case of the vapors, quick some one fetch the smelling salts.

I feel extra weird because it feels like I'm the only one who didn't like Random Access Memories. I liked their previous stuff just fine too. Still have my CDs of Homework and Discovery from when I was a teen.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

The glitz of RAM brought me in but over time the record just kinda lost its luster and I didn’t return to it the way I return to Homework, Discovery or Human After All. It’s a fun and well produced record but man it’s just so easily skippable.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
Protomen - Act 1 surprised me and is actually selling for that amount according to finished listings - the nerd dollar is strong.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Lol I should have known the Mars Volta reissue would be some sort of nonsense

https://us.cloudshillshop.com/products/the-mars-volta-la-realidad-de-los-suenos-vinyl-box-set

An 18 LP set for $479.

Schremp Howard fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Mar 5, 2021

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Shill Shop, indeed :smug:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Turbinosamente posted:

Oh my I think I have a case of the vapors, quick some one fetch the smelling salts.

I feel extra weird because it feels like I'm the only one who didn't like Random Access Memories. I liked their previous stuff just fine too. Still have my CDs of Homework and Discovery from when I was a teen.

I didn't even know RAM and any of that other stuff was out of print. I'd seen so much of it for sale on various websites recently.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Schremp Howard posted:

https://us.cloudshillshop.com/products/the-mars-volta-la-realidad-de-los-suenos-vinyl-box-set

An 18 LP set for $479.

They sold out already (in the US.) I’m a massive Mars Volta mark and don’t own Deloused, so that and the original recordings pushed me in to purchasing last night. I should sell the records that I do have to fund this.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I want to pull the trigger on it, but i need to know more about how good the sound is on those discs. $500 is just a lot of bread.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Schremp Howard posted:

An 18 LP set for $479.

Wow. I sold my OG copy of Deloused for a bit of bread because it was a lovely picture disc. Looks like some of those records are either etched or picture discs and lol good luck fitting that dumb box on your shelf.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

hexwren posted:

I feel slightly bad saying this, but I think this is the first time I've seen residents cover art that looks like what listening to the music feels like

I did this once for a goon retrogame exchange for when I was sending a game that didn't have a cover, where I inadvertently made the guy on the front of the lethal enforcers box look like jeremy clarkson

lmao nice

I just found out a copy of Ween's quebec I literally just bought a couple months ago is now like 4x the price, this poo poo kind of happens randomly it seems

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

JAMOOOL posted:

lmao nice

I just found out a copy of Ween's quebec I literally just bought a couple months ago is now like 4x the price, this poo poo kind of happens randomly it seems

Which pressing?

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

JAMOOOL posted:

lmao nice

Yeah. I was looking at my wantlist the other day and 12 Golden Country Greats is in the $100 range. They are really weird about keeping stuff in print.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

BigFactory posted:

Which pressing?

the 2017 Schnitzel

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

BigFactory posted:

Which pressing?

A bunch of Ween records just went up in price. I have some Plain pressings that are now in the $100 range. It seems like there is no vinyl available on the Ween site so maybe that has prompted some speculation?

Edit. Also I am bummed I missed the Please Don't Let Me Die facemask run. Saw one out in the wild a while ago.

sporklift fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Mar 5, 2021

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

JAMOOOL posted:

the 2017 Schnitzel

I have that one, weird.
I got it years ago when the hot thing in this thread was ordering records from K Mart!

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
There's some rumors that there's a very recent version of The Mollusk from Plain Recordings that isn't complete trash, might see about picking that one up

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

dorium posted:

I want to pull the trigger on it, but i need to know more about how good the sound is on those discs. $500 is just a lot of bread.

I slept on debating ordering two to part out the box set to pay for one. Someone was parting out the Sade box set for a nice profit so the ideal struck me for this.

Glad there are five thousand speculat...fans to buy this.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

incoherent posted:

I slept on debating ordering two to part out the box set to pay for one. Someone was parting out the Sade box set for a nice profit so the ideal struck me for this.

Glad there are five thousand speculat...fans to buy this.

You should sell your avatar. It's worth about six thousand dollars now.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Schnitzel were teasing a Chocolate and Cheese reissue and it would sure be nice if that was a thing I could buy right now. Throw a Desert Daze set together, too.

God, I hope they decide to start putting Candi in their setlists when shows are a thing again.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I’m always on top of this poo poo and I missed TMV reissue/issue. I’m so loving mad right now gently caress YOU

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

if you're a real head just pay for the European store prices. I assure you its going to a lot cheaper than getting you hands on a US secondary.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08Y4GYKM8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_6FJCKKW130ZQH2NC0YJR

pwn
May 27, 2004

There’s way too much stupidity in vinyl right now

This isn’t a profound statement or anything. I’m feeling a general malaise tonight.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

dorium posted:

Same.

I was 2 seconds away from pressing the buy button not knowing whether it A). Uses the same compressed master on the CDs or B). Pressed on recycled tires.

The value's bound to skyrocket tho.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

incoherent posted:

if you're a real head just pay for the European store prices. I assure you its going to a lot cheaper than getting you hands on a US secondary.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08Y4GYKM8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_6FJCKKW130ZQH2NC0YJR

gently caress yeah, glad I didn’t pull the trigger on rough trade’s site. Saved my rear end $100. Thanks man!

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Is there any indication this wasn't just the first cast to catch the whales and the albums will be released individually? Fuckin tmv finally rereleased on vinyl and it's an 800 dollar box set the sold out in seconds I fuckin hate this hobby sometimes.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I don’t even know if I’d attribute this scenario just to the hobby. This is a very Cedric and Omar thing to do. Of course sought after reissues of their albums would currently seem like very limited one off expensive pressings. Of course this is how they would release this stuff again.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

The Walrus posted:

Is there any indication this wasn't just the first cast to catch the whales and the albums will be released individually? Fuckin tmv finally rereleased on vinyl and it's an 800 dollar box set the sold out in seconds I fuckin hate this hobby sometimes.

The FOMO aspect sucks.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

personally I’m glad I got to spend $500 on this

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

If ya got import money, Neptunian Maximism just announced a live album/DVD.

:nws: :nws:

:black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

I bought the Tremulant EP a billion years ago for typical 2000s prices and I didn’t care for it, so I don’t feel bad about having to miss out on spending $500.

I’d have sold off that valuable disc long ago but of course it was one of six-ish records to sustain water damage at some point in the last decade.