Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

MokBa posted:

It's been a great couple of days, but drat have I spent a lot of money.

This is more or less my thoughts any time I go buy records. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Some recent purchases.

Still waiting on a couple more in the mail :shobon:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

My Christmas haul:

The "On the Moon" one was something I picked up randomly out of total curiosity. It's actually pretty decent :3:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

LtTennisBall posted:

I think it's because those albums are always getting repressed. My local stores always have copies of OK Computer, Kid A, Amnesiac etc.

Yeah, the one I got half of the stuff I posted had a copy under their "New Releases" bin.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

LtTennisBall posted:

Yep. By the way, is that copy of The Lack Long After a first or second press? I managed to snag a first press (the clear grey splatter), but I know they sold out before the album was even released. Also is the Native LP good? I keep meaning to pick it up but I consistently forget.

I'm assuming it is, I had preordered it as soon as I read about it in the punk thread. I have non-clear bowling ball blue. And yeah the Native LP owns. It sounds like it's mixed a little clearer than the Pianos LP and it sounds great.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

i am a bee posted:

Do the record stores you guys visit normally let you see the records first or is that an assholish thing to ask? I'm shifting to mainly buying new/reissues, but I've bought a couple of things pre-owned (Echoes by the Rapture, Q:Are We Not Men, A: We Are Devo and Purple Rain) that have a couple of minor skips I can live with but I'd rather not have every used record I buy be a compromise. Is that just the nature of the game? The guy at the store is nice and gives discount, but I've been a little unlucky.

The place I go to lets you listen to poo poo on 2-3 TTs they have set up, but they don't allow you to play any of the $.50 stuff because they know it's old and likely to skip. I'm sure he won't mind if you ask.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Superchunk posted:

Wow, you got screwed. I got my copy for $20 from a local store. $26 is insane.

My buddy just called to say he picked it up for me for $19 :smugdog:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

LtTennisBall posted:

I had a record label (Bridge Nine, who are a hardcore/punk label) when a record I ordered got delayed and came it way late (it was has a screenprinted b-side, which allegedly took forever or something) do something like this. They sent a note along with the record that said something along the lines of "HEY! THANKS FOR WAITING SO LONG FOR THIS CEREMONY RECORD!" It wasn't handwritten, but it was cool nonetheless.

On a related note, I ordered a shirt from the band Bridge and Tunnel, and the lead singer/guitarist wrote me a note saying how it was cool that I was from Baltimore and if I had been to some restaurant he goes to when he's up there. Screaming Females did the same thing when I ordered some records from them, except it was the drummer mentioning how seeing the Baltimore address had him listening to Double Dagger.

Basically I love it when bands/labels take note of the fact that they're sending stuff to actual people.

One time I ordered a Majority Rule record from a label I can't quite remember and they ran out of the colour I wanted so the guy wrote on my invoice that he shipped me a rarer colour pressing and to enjoy the tunes :3:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

LtTennisBall posted:

Was it Magic Bullet Records or something? I have a Majority Rule repress from them.

Yeah, it was Magic Bullet! And yes, I want some goddamned FD represses :mad:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Got an email today with a tracking number for my latest haul, figured I'd get it in a week or two. Got home to find this :allears:

Caravels/Gifts From Enola split rules

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Just got these two in the mail today:

Satanic Satanist is a bit warped I think... it was a combined order with a set of headphones so Amazon shipped everything in a big box rather than in their special LP packaging. There's about one quadrant of it that undulates when it plays. It sounds perfectly fine to my ears, though. Is this normal? If not, is there a way to fix it or should I just return it?

Anyway, pretty stoked. Now I'm only missing Waiter: "You Vultures!" and Censored Colors.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

CPL593H posted:

Were these expensive? I wanted to pick up some Portugal: the Man albums but I remember seeing that several were small presses and one in particular was going for 100 dollars.

I bought 2 from my local shop, but EVR has 3 of them in stock at $14.99: http://equalvision.merchnow.com/catalogs/portugal-the-man

The ones that Amazon has in stock are about $19.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

CPL593H posted:

Thanks. If I were only to buy one of their albums (at the moment) which would you recommend?

I dunno, they're all over the place. My absolute favourite is Satanic Satanist but In the Mountain, In the Cloud is also really solid. They're more poppy, I guess, but if you like a southern tinge to your music, Church Mouth is hands-down the best.

Well, that probably didn't help at all!

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

CPL593H posted:

I was already leaning towards In the Mountain Cloud. I was pretty much wondering if they have any specific album that's like "If you don't like this, you're not going to get into this band".

If you like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1Ukb8kGZkI, get Church Mouth.

If you like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J8d18ZkXE8&ob=av2e, Get Mountain/Cloud.

If you like neither, you probably won't like this band. Band owns though, and while it's not necessarily intricate packaging, their LPs always have sweet artwork.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Well, this turned out far better than I thought!! I couldn't find a copy of Portugal. The Man's Censored Colors anywhere until I thought to look at their MerchNow page. I ordered it along with another LP and then got an email saying it was out of stock, and they refunded me the cost. So I was kinda bummed. Then I get home and it turns out I'm a retard or something and the OTHER LP was the one out of stock. So now I'm only missing It's Complicated Being a Wizard to finish my discog. I don't have either of their 7" but I don't really care that much.

Also picked up recently:

Tom Waits - Bad as Me
Sigur Rós - Inni
Kurt Vile - Smoke Ring for my Halo
Wavves - King of the Beach

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

cheapandugly posted:

Just got a fabulous treat in the mail today.

New UFOMAMMUT!

Numbered 342/500 on clear vinyl

It's so sludgy and thick it's practically molasses, but for my ears.

:stare: I'm gonna have to get on that.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I Might Be Adam posted:

Site says it's out of stock. I like that record and wouldn't mind owning it but all of this RSD poo poo is meh to me. I understand vinyl is expensive to press and put out there but would be it so hard to release more than 1000 copies world-wide for a record that plenty of people want to buy? I don't know, maybe like 3000?

I was under the impression that they were only listing it as OoS until tomorrow at 10. Hopefully not, because it's really the only thing that interests me out of the RSD stuff, except maybe that Hvarf/Heim reissue or whatever I saw somewhere.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Dacap posted:

It keeps loving dropping it from my cart

It's doing that to us and then inexplicably remembering it minutes later. This is the worst thing. I can get as far as entering my shipping info and then it fucks up.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

I got to shipping options and it says there's no options for my area...

Same here. I wish they'd process their poo poo via Amazon or something.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Dacap posted:

I've been locked out of the entire site now and I'm only getting 502 errors.

gently caress your piece of poo poo shop Last Gang.

It's back up for me, but I'm back to the "Enter Shipping Info > No Available Shipping" loop.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Do you think that's an error, or did they lock out international shipping for it?

I'm in Canada, so unless they're trying to promote Canadians also going to stores to pick it rather than ordering online, I don't think so.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Got the two my buddy and I needed. gently caress Last Gang and Kill the 8 forever though, that was the worst fuckin process. Cheers for the tip.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

My buddy and I's haul from today:

Not pictured is our copies of DFA. Kind of all over the place but I'm pretty stoked. The worst part is that until we go home tomorrow, we're stuck in an apartment with no way for us to listen to any of this poo poo :v:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

CPL593H posted:

Is this something they did everywhere or was that special to your location?

Beatnick's in Montreal also had one they gave away on RSD.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Apparently the Hvarf/Heim labels are switched on the RSD release. No source other than a friend copy pasted something to me and I'm on my phone. I'll test it out tonight!

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Has anyone gotten their shipping notifications from Last Gang yet? I was so excited to get my order through that I didn't thoroughly read to see when they were supposed to ship.

Got mine early yesterday, should get here tomorrow.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Just got my $8 copy of Illmatic (and Low End Theory) in the mail today :getin:

Hopefully DFA gets here on time tomorrow!

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Two unattended copies of DFA on my doorstep :ohdear:

Other people in Canada should br getting theirs today or tomorrow I'm guessing.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Baroness - Yellow & Green preorders are up: http://www.relapse.com/baroness-yellow-green

Picked up the yellow/green split :swoon:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

alg posted:

Thanks for the heads up. $40 for the split is a bit :stare:, went with the $22 option, especially with all the talk of this being a departure from their previous work.

It's not just the colour, it's this:

Relapse posted:

These are one time deluxe pressings of 2CD and 2LP sets with expanded artwork. The deluxe 2CD and 2LP sets will each be housed in a heavy duty 28+ page perfect-bound hard covered book set, of course featuring the art of frontman John Baizley.

I'm a huge Baroness fan so that sounds pretty dreamy :allears:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Picked up The xx s/t and Mogwai - Hardcore Will Never Die... and then came back home to find my Portugal. the Man order came in (It's Complicated Being a Wizard and the Got it All 7"). Finally have their whole discog :swoon:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Schremp Howard posted:

How is Amazon for ordering vinyl? I have $120 in store credit left and have a few purchases in mind. I'd rather support local stores if possible, but I'm having some trouble finding things like Minus the Bear and Bear in Heaven in Pittsburgh.

They've always done good by me. They have new LP shipping boxes that are about on par with most other distros' shipping boxes.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Has anyone heard about whether HEALTH's Max Payne 3 OST was getting a vinyl release?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Ordered those Caribou albums. I have like, 4-5 different LP packages coming in the mail within <2 months, can't wait :allears:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Just got this today from Germany. Sounds amazing :allears:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Jeff Wiiver posted:

How much did that run you? I just discovered this band a few weeks ago and can't believe they're not more popular.

~$74 Canadian for 2 copies from here: http://www.kozmik-artifactz.com/shop/product_info.php?info=p6908_HEAVY-EYES--THE---The-Heavy-Eyes--black--LP.html

It'll probably be a bit cheaper since the clear blue was 22 EUR (looks like only black is left :( ). Got one that's labelled 3/150 and another (my buddy's) 78/150. Good stuff. I may get it framed eventually!

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

mono posted:

Careful, my Vaya packaging from Hot Topic was beat to hell and the corners of the sleeve were all bent

I got Vaya off MerchNow. Sounds fantastic. Hadn't listened to those songs in years.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

traveling midget posted:

The regular version is on their website too but yeah Intl shipping is ~14

They charge now, or at least authorize it.. I see the charge pending.

I really want the 7" boxset though...

That's somewhere around 22 7"s... :swoon:

I love the idea of this but I'd still get regular versions because that screams :effort: to me.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

When they said it came with a book I figured it'd be a cool thing to leave on the coffee table maybe...

I didn't expect this :stare:

Also got Aesop Rock - Skelethon from the same delivery :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

traveling midget posted:

Spending the last day of Labor weekend listening to my newest arrival.

I want this but I cannot bring myself to spend over $100 on it.

MONO's newest on milky white is a beautiful piece of art.