Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Polyvinyl has a pretty sweet sale goin' on + 20% off code UTR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

I'm at my parents' place for the holiday, the place listed close by is just a used book/record warehouse :( Picked up Pat Benatar's first 3 albums for $3, though :unsmith:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

That spring goes into the feet. They are spring loaded to increase stability, I guess. They go around a screw in he middle of the foot.

alg fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Nov 29, 2011

alg
Mar 14, 2007

my Black Friday haul :allears:

kind of a smattering of different genres, can't wait to listen to that Night Birds LP.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

CPL593H posted:

You mean you didn't wait outside in line with everyone else to hopefully get that eighty dollar reissue of John Lennon's Imagine?

On another note, I saw the Screaming Females open for the Dead Weather. They were pretty weird. The singer looks way too young. I regret not grabbing their album at the show.

They are one of my faves but they always play really eccentric venues. I had a ticket to see them but it was at an all ages (no drinking) venue and it was in Chapel Hill on Halloween, meaning there would be nowhere to park.

I really want to see them but I think all the venues in Raleigh aren't low key enough.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Brain F# is really good too :shobon:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

What was the most expensive record in the S-K discography?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Handshake Drugs posted:

None of it was too bad actually. Call The Doctor was probably the most expensive LP and the One More Hour/Little Babies/Get up 7"s were the most because they came from Europe. If I remember correctly, I don't think I ever paid more than $25 for any of the records and most of them actually ended up being $10 or less.

Thanks. Yup, I started with The Woods and then just went from there. Had all the LPs by the end of that summer and then it was just a matter of waiting for the 7"s to show up on ebay for a reasonable price.

That's awesome :3: I would love to have a collection like that, I've not really liked any of their new projects at all.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

just saw this over on FB.

http://risingpulserecords.bigcartel.com/

Now if they could just release A Day of Nights on vinyl :/

alg
Mar 14, 2007

gently caress. Raveonettes B-sides album is $50.00. You can't do that with a bunch of stuff not good enough for an album!

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Ras Het posted:

Wait, what's this?

B-Side 2xLP

http://www.theraveonettes.com/

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

Got mine in the mail today:

I want to blast it right now, but one of my speakers is in the shop... Could do headphones I suppose, but um... I want to BLAST it. loving love that black and pink splatter. This cell phone photo doesn't do it justice whatsoever.

Cool, yeah just hit me with a PM when you know for sure, but if it's clear red, it's probably one of the first pressings I think. Definitely interested.

I got pink w/ white splatter because :3:

blastin' it now!

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Got 3 colored discs today in the mail, the first 2 were a surprise :3:

I have super weird taste. And I couldn't get into the Vivian Girls show at Hopscotch this year (goin' VIP in 2012 :cool:)

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Girafro posted:

My folks got me a record player for Christmas, one of the ones I'm apparently not supposed to get because they're cheap. I'm not gonna complain much though, I'll just do my best to keep it running as long as I can, I take really good care of my electronics anyhow. Is there anything I should be watching out for in particular for this sort of thing?

Anyhow, my collection is really new and relatively small. If it weren't for my brother's friend giving me his dad's records I'd have next to nothing. Are there any good sites to get records on the cheap? I've got a few new ones off Amazon but paying twenty bucks for a record is gonna really slow down my collection's growth.

What model? If it's really cheap you may be better off not playing any of your favorites on it, it could damage them.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I know 5 or so hipsters who only buy vinyl to display on Ikea shelves. They only listen to iTunes downloaded music. I asked if they wanted help setting up a turntable and they laughed at me.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Walrus Ship Down posted:

Is there a specific place you guys go to look to find out how many pressings were done of a certain album, or other general information on vinyl output?

Discogs should have that info

alg
Mar 14, 2007

fozzie dunlop posted:

And here's my obligatory Insound pimping. We got some pretty affordable Tool (except for that Lateralus pic disc), and some Florence as well:
http://www.insound.com/search/?query=tool
http://www.insound.com/search/?query=florence+machine

Oh and our 2011 staff picks are 11% off for the next few days.

Man I know this is :goonsay: as gently caress but I wish y'all shipped your products faster :( I placed 2 orders around noon on Friday and they haven't even shipped yet. If I could've found them on Amazon they would be here tomorrow, free shipping.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

They shipped out like, an hour after I bitched. At least it's faster than most labels will ship.

wa27 posted:

Are you really comparing another site's shipping service to Amazon Prime, which costs $80 per year? 2 business days to ship something out isn't exactly unreasonable.

I admitted it was :goonsay:, I'm spoiled by my $16 a year free same day shipping.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Jeff the B rarities vinyl up now if there are any left:

http://infinitycat.com/wordpress/products-page/vinyl-categories/jeff-the-brotherhood-brotherhood-of-light-pre-sale

100 pressed on coke bottle green

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Aww, it was gone in a second.

Yeah, their site crashed initially. Took them about 40 mins to get it back up, then I went in and got mine pretty easily. Sorry you missed it :(

edit: http://infinitycat.com/wordpress/archives/1336 looks like they will have black ones up next week.

alg fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 11, 2012

alg
Mar 14, 2007

My Insound order came in packed just dandy. Sorry for the :spergin: earlier :shobon:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

The worst I've had buying online was when I got All the Waters of the Earth Turn to Blood as a CD instead of the vinyl, which I double checked in the order box.

Even Amazon has really good packaging for records.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

They are called potentiometers and you need to be very very careful adjusting them.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Use a very fine screwdriver, perhaps even a plastic one. Be very careful. If it's only 10% fast you should only need to turn just a bit.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

FancyMike posted:

Speaking of Southern Lord, just put this on:

Found it in Bellingham a month or so ago, fantastic album. I'm super excited to hit up the album release show for Angels of Darkness, Demons of Light II. Haven't seen Earth live since 2008.

When I saw them at Hopscotch people talked the whole fuckin time :(

Any idea where I can pre-order II on vinyl?

edit: VVV maybe they should have left :)

alg fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jan 26, 2012

alg
Mar 14, 2007

chime_on posted:

I mean, that's what I did. It was a poor scheduling call by the festival, I think-- maybe old-school Earth would have fit the lineup that night, but after the intensity and dynamics of Liturgy, they just sounded puny.

Yeah, I agree, but I think people should also not talk during a show. For some reason Kings became 'the place to be' for folks who weren't at the festival to listen to music :(

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Yeah I always keep my tallness in mind when I'm at a show :shobon:

I really don't go to large shows, the one I was talking about was maybe 200 people but it was at the end of the night so there were a ton of drunk girls just talking.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

JBRONSON posted:

currently listening to this album right now haha. and also that sucks!
i order alot online and never had a problem

I returned it, and ordered the only one I could find, from deepdiscountdvd, and it's been in the mail for 16 days :smith:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

the new APTBS is freakin good. a real return to form after the disappointment of Exploding Head. kinda telling when I saw them in winter '11 that they played almost exclusively stuff off their s/t.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Honestly you can get a decent vintage turntable on Craigslist for 1/4 that price if you shop around.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

new Grimes LP is boss as heck.

http://www.insound.com/Visions-LP-Grimes/P/INS103432/

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Parachute Underwear posted:

Got an email today with a tracking number ifor my latest haul, figured I'd get it in a week or two. Got home to find this :allears:

Caravels/Gifts From Enola split rules

That split is seriously really good.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Carnavas by Silversun Pickups is $6.99 free shipping over at Best Buy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Carnavas+-+VINYL/9060696.p?id=1837430&skuId=9060696&st=silversun%20pickups&lp=8&cp=1

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Hey, guess which fantastic soundtrack is coming out on vinyl? I'll give you a hint: It's Drive

y'all should just forget about this, it will never happen, don't even bother trying to pre-order it :colbert:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

so that Drive soundtrack is going through Mondo in the US

http://blog.mondotees.com/2012/03/05/we-are-releasing-the-drive-soundtrack-on-vinyl/

2xLP with packaging by Tyler Stout :getin:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

pretty much in for Carolina Chocolate Drops, Jeffry B, and maybe Mastodon/Feist

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Discogs sometimes has that info.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

So it looks like the Invada pre-order for Drive got delayed? Their Twitter is very vague...

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Man, Invada gets their first really big release in the 'Drive' soundtrack, and they've already hosed it up.

Seriously guys, pre-orders were supposed to go up two days ago.

Yeah I don't even know if I can order it here in the US but I've been watching their Twitter / Facebook closely :ohdear:

I doubt I'll be able to afford a copy of the Mondo release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Refused releasing limited albums for RSD is the icing on the corporate music fest cake