Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
My local record shop is getting in the Supercolider/Butcher EPs tomorrow. Patience is a virtue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

chime_on posted:

Anyone who paid far out the rear end for it was an idiot to begin with, because they announced a June 14th release in the US/Canada/W.A.S.T.E. store before RSD even happened.

Yea. They were sold out today when I got there, but they said they're getting more in. Not hard to get at all.

While I was there I picked up
The Decemberists - The King Is Dead
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Emerson, Lake & Palmer
and musical soundtracks from Hello Dolly, The Sound of Music, My Fair Lady, and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang for like $1.

I grew up on musicals so I was pretty giddy.

cheese eats mouse fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jun 14, 2011

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
NVM Found it.

cheese eats mouse fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jun 28, 2011

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

fozzie dunlop posted:

This week, Insound is discounting select vinyl titles by 30%. Take a look.

Bleeding money from my wallet.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

NESguerilla posted:

I have a semi large collection and was wondering what would be the best place to sell it. I kind of hate ebay and I don't want to get ripped off at a record store. Any suggestions?

There's a few things I'm wondering if you have. I've been looking for the damned Demon Days LP at a decent price for forever.

SA Mart is your best bet, plus I know everyone in this thread would jump on it quickly and they'd be going to loving homes. :)

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

$100 and up is the only decent price you'll get for that. I'm still trying to track down a copy of DFA1979 You're A Woman, I'm a Machine and it seems like the price is just getting higher and higher.

Yea I keep having my fingers crossed that Albarn doesn't announce the end of Gorillaz cause then it would be over on that.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

NESguerilla posted:

I do actually have Demon Days. I'll give you a heads up if I end up selling my collection.

This is a great idea. Thanks.

Ooo first dibs if you do! ;)

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

Stuntman posted:

What's a good place to pricecheck? Do I just check Discogs and eBay or something?

Discogs and eBay and meet in the middle.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Dust covers 4 lyfe.

Hey 1000 Umbrellas I want to buy your record. Expect some $$$ tonight.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
I couldn't pass up that Neutral Milk Hotel set. I am excited.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
About to pull the plug on these

http://louisville.craigslist.org/ele/2619936642.html

It's a SR 620cx series. Worth it?

cheese eats mouse fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Oct 18, 2011

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
I know some posters in here love finding stuff that missed the digital era. This article is for you guys.
http://leoweekly.com/music/dust-brother
I'm not going to post the whole thing since it is quite long.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Ear-X-Tacy is closing shop. They've been in business for 26 years and supported My Morning Jacket and other local artists consistently through their time in the Louisville community.

cheese eats mouse fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Nov 1, 2011

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

Dissapointed Owl posted:

That sucks so much :(
They were really helpful when I contacted them and they totally sent me a package to Europe at my request even though they didn't advertise that they did international shipping.

Sales that bad huh?

It was always empty whenever I went to pick up some super indie vinyl. They've been begging for business for 3 years or so.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
The album that got me into The Mars Volta and my second favorite of theirs. I had to have it. Don't ask me how much this fucker cost me.

Too lazy to flip the picture. You guys know what it's suppose to look like anyway.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

Aw drat. That's kick rear end. I look for TMV vinyl every time I go to any record store, and can't ever find them. *envy*

Discogs. It was the cheapest price I had seen in a while.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

adjective_noun posted:

Ok, so with Christmas coming up I am going to ask for a new turntable and speakers. I think I am going to go with the Sony PS-LX250H Automatic Belt-Drive Turntable, it's $75 on Amazon and seems to get generally very good reviews. I was wondering if anyone has this table and can offer their own review as compared to my current ION USB turntable. The motor on the Ion is off so it spins too fast, but I'm wondering how the Sony compares to a stock Ion.

For speakers I'm planning to get Sony SS-B3000 Bookshelf Speakers, anyone else out there have them and want to give some feedback? Thanks guys, I'm not on the forums much these days, but I'm glad this thread is still going strong.

I have the bigger Sony speakers (F6000) and they're pretty good for a bargain pair of speakers.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

fozzie dunlop posted:

Oh, that makes sense. I initially thought it might have been an improvised 45 adapter at first, but as far as jury-rigged 45 adapters go a spring would be a pretty poor choice.

Also it's time for some Insound holiday vinyl deals!!
1) Buy yourself a turntable and get a $20 coupon for a free LP.
2) Buy any 10 of our top-selling records of 2011 and get 20% off your order, plus a free tote bag.
3) All domestic orders over $175 get free shipping this holiday season.

There are other deals on the site too like discounts on CDs, but I'm not going to post them because 1) this is the vinyl thread and 2) who the gently caress still buys CDs?

How long is this happening? I'm working lots of OT and am expecting a fat check next Friday.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

Dissapointed Owl posted:

After watching Scott Pilgrim vs The World for a second time and doing a complete 180 about it, I got interested in looking for the soundtrack on vinyl.

Holy poo pooBALLS

What the gently caress happened there?

Makes me wish I would have picked one up when I saw it at my local record store.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Anyone received their Neutral Milk Hotel box set yet?

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

NESguerilla posted:

Interest check:

I am going to sell a few of my somewhat rare records cause I'm broke, and figured I'd hit you guys up or put a SA mart thread up before I deal with the pain in the rear end that is Ebay. Haven't got exact prices yet but I'll probably knock like 20% off the cheapest discogs price if that sounds fair.

So far I am selling:

Gorrilaz-Demon Days. (A goon mentioned he wants this record so I need to contact him first)
The Mars Volta-Tremulant
Carcass-Reek of Putrefaction (colored ltd to 1000)
Carcass-Heartwork (colored ltd to 1000)
At the Gates-Slaughter of the Soul (colored ltd to 1000)
Mastodon-Lifesblood (Colored 2x7" also very limited)
Neurosis-Word as Law

More to come!

This was from forever ago and I can't PM you about Demon Days. Hopefully you are still checking the thread.

Yes! I will take. You can e-mail me at sarahcjcollege@hotmail.com

I've been wanting this on vinyl forever. One of my all time favorites.

cheese eats mouse fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Dec 14, 2011

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

NESguerilla posted:

He's a colossal idiot but nothing surprises me anymore. It would be fun to send him a message asking him what the hell he is smoking though.

Hey I don't know if you saw my earlier post. Sorry I'm just a little excited to give you money.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
I was pissed when someone on eBay sent me Black Moth Super Rainbow's first EP in a bubble mailer with no cardboard support. There's only 500 of them out there. Thanks rear end hole.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

CPL593H posted:

Was it ruined when you got it?

I haven't played it because it's dirty and I don't have a cleaner yet, but all corners were bent to poo poo. Lucky it didn't snap in half.

EDIT: Anyone want to get never played Black Keys El Camino and The Big Come Up? My boyfriend bought an extra El Camino for me for Christmas so I need to unload my copy. Ended up getting the first press of The Big Come Up so I don't need my other copy.

EDIT 2: Still waiting on my NMH box set. :(

cheese eats mouse fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Dec 20, 2011

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Finally got around to popping open one of my Bon Iver records and my copy of For Emma, Forever Ago has the wrong label on one side. I feel special.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Spun my Mars Volta last night. Face melted and even got them a new fan.

Then today I got M83, Neon Indian, and Vampire Weekend in the mail. The boyfriend got me Kid A, Kiss Each Other Clean, and In Rainbows for Christmas and opened up my Neutral Milk Hotel box set and El Camino.

Been an amazing vinyl month for me. I. cannot. stop.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
What are you all using to protect your box sets?

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

dflanny posted:

The only time I've had a record resent due to "unnacceptable condition" (apart from a couple of random warped ones) was the new St. Vincent album. Not only was it warped, it had a two inch crack in the vinyl. If a record has a slightly bent corner, or a minor seam split, I don't give a poo poo.

My St. Vincent record had some pretty bad warping too. I'm not sure if it was a bad press or what, but it looks like it got too hot even though it's been 50F or less where I live.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

stay depressed posted:

It's just a fun thing to do and a fun hobby. Just like model trains or building ships in a bottle.

Plus cool posters you can frame for instant art.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
You have way too much money. And that's a good thing.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

Dissapointed Owl posted:

If anyone still wants a copy of that Flaming Lips/Yoko Ono collab: http://flaminglips.com/shop/item/798/the-flaming-lips-with-yoko-ono-plastic-ono-band/

Thanks man. Picked one up.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

dflanny posted:

Is that Flaming Lips / Mastodon a split? It only mentions the Mastodon song.

If it is a split it sounds epic.

Really only in for the Flips releases. The El Camino release is an obvious money grab. I liked the special release of Brothers a lot more.

I don't know where to go this RSD since ear-x-tacy is gone :(

cheese eats mouse fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Mar 6, 2012

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
My dad gave me the Brady Bunch Christmas album. I got all you white suburban kids beat :smug:

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

traveling midget posted:

I am admittedly ignorant, but this is the first RSD I'll actually be participating in. These pressing counts are super low.. am I supposed to hit up my favorite store and hope they have one copy of Cursive's Burst and Bloom reissue, for example? And hope I'm the first person who wants it?

Yep and if not expect ridiculous prices on eBay.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

traveling midget posted:

That's loving stupid. (Also that Afrikaa Bambata/MC5 thing is going to explode on eBay)

Welcome to record store day!

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

thebigpicture posted:

Popmarket has a deal up for The White Stripes:

first 3 albums and a double live album, 180gram, $54, facebook10 code for 10% off

http://www.popmarket.com/details/26770475

Want want want, but bank account says no. :(

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
My father collects depression era Westmoreland glass. You record collectors don't have poo poo on him.

Oh and none of it is cataloged with estimated value or price paid. He has about 2 living rooms and a basement full.

cheese eats mouse fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 16, 2012

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
There's like 10K copies of the Flips release. That's really all I wanted.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

traveling midget posted:

Trading some RSD stuff I have buyer's remorse on and some misc older stuff.

My Discogs

Heady Fwends, opened to check the version (Dr Who), green/brown splatter. I'll take a pic if I have a serious interest.

I missed out on Heady Fwends. I'd gladly take it off your hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

traveling midget posted:

Trade? Have a discogs for me to browse?

I don't really have anything to trade. I'll give you cash though. :)