Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance

Surfingelectrode posted:

I know you guys hate people posting new releases, but I think this record looks really cool...

It's the Flaming Lips with Prefuse 73 EP, and just like the Neon Indian one, each copy was custom made so that no two look alike.

Mine looks like this:

Really want to get this, but I haven't seen it online/local shops yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance
I wish they would repress Since I Left You.

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance
My guess is that it's /10,000. The website says there is about 7000 left.

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance

CPL593H posted:

What worries me about this is when the sales from bandwagon hoppers dry up. It's probably a safe assumption to say a lot of this surge is because of people who just view the format as a novelty and as such they don't really ever invest in it. It makes me concerned that once those people tire of the whole thing the record companies will stop making vinyl LPs once again. Although I suppose one could point out that the surge in sales is obviously due to vinyl records being more widely available than they have been in a long time.

I don't think the increase in vinyl popularity won't be going away. I think with music being so portable now, it's natural for music lovers seek format that can offer greater tangibility and fidelity.

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance
I know there are a lot of Lips fans here so here you go

Heady Nuggs Compilation for $74 and free shipping

Use discount coupon of FACEBOOK10 for additional 10% off as well.

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance

CPL593H posted:

Does anyone here know if this is a reputable website?

http://nerdalertrecords.auctivacommerce.com/Default.aspx

Unfortunately, they're no longer operational as of a year or so ago.

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance

Duckula posted:

ATDI are repressing Vaya for Record Store Day. 500 copies.

The catch? They're only being sold at Coachella.

The fuckers.

So they are gonna be selling 500 insanely warped records.

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

Did anyone get the Botch Anthology of Dead Ends reissue? It was the only Record Store Day release I was remotely interested in, but I guess it was pretty limited.

I tried to stay away from my record store today, I really did, but I caved. Got what I believe is a first press of Brainwreck by Ramming Speed and a pretty sweet Heiress t-shirt, so that's pretty cool.

FWIW, you can order this @ Hydra Head Shop

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance

Jeff Wiiver posted:

Record store in Detroit has thousands of records that were once in J Dilla's collection. Would leave to hear more about this if anyone lives nearby.

That's pretty cool. Would love to see what he had in his collection.
Also, thousands of records :stare:

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance

Detective Thompson posted:

Is Assassins still officially for sale, or is ebay or something like that my best bet?

Still available at Century Media
http://www.cmdistro.com/Artist/Nachtmystium/53997

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance
This finally came in today. Very happy, one of the best bands out their right now (sorry for the terrible quality)

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance

Surfingelectrode posted:

Some new stuff:

Castle Face and Friends - The Velvet Underground and Nico
Linear Downfall - Fragmental Hippocampus
Yo La Tengo - Fade (No. 420 bro)
Castle Face - Group Flex
Castle Face - Son of Flex

I'm not really a fan of flexis, but these flexibooks are pretty neat.

This is gonna be a stupid question, but I got the Yo La Tengo release but where the hell is it #ed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance
it's crazy how fast that went OOP