Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Blendy posted:

Yeah you're pretty much spot on. The full name of the group is Yamantaka // Sonic Titan. Yamantaka is a Buddhist deity and the singer Ruby Kato is of Japanese ancestry. She might be full Japanese, I'm not sure, but they're based in Canada. The group is also kind of a collective but the driving force on the record are the two girls. The music is insanely good and weird. They chant sutras as lyrics and you just have to hear it..

I don't know if this is the article you read, and generally I avoid pfork but this is a good introduction and features some of the greatest songs off the record. Queens, which is at the top, is my favorite track.

http://pitchfork.com/features/rising/8752-yamantaka-sonic-titan/

Also their live shows sound AMAZING with such details as ONE OF THE GIRLS DRESSING AS A GIANT DRAGON AND DESTROYING THE SET WHY THE OTHER KILLS HER WITH A GUITAR. I mean just look at those girls, that show has to be crazy.

Anyway I'll stop gushing now but totally go check it out and if you can still find a copy the first like 500 pressing were on white vinyl and it's so beautiful.

Oh wow thank you for this, I'm really liking it. I'm too poor to afford the vinyl right now especially as I imagine the shipping from Canada to the UK isn't that cheap but I think I have to download this album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

WASDF posted:

Also, I just got my copy of The Antlers - Hospice and the mastering of it is poo poo. It's very thin sounding and it seems it literally has no bass. Anyone else notice this?

Yeah mine is the same which is a shame as I really like that album. Plus my copy keeps skipping.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

uncloudy day posted:

Another goodwill find that I'm pumped about. I'm ready for some bloodcurdling terror and horror.

Spooky pic of the track listing:

And from goodwill I also got a LP of Dylan Thomas reading some of his poetry. I never knew those existed.

That looks amazing, also the ghost the tracklisting is written on looks super cute.