Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Superchunk
Dec 27, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Speaking of Whipped Cream... I was working yesterday and started digging in our clearance boxes under the bins, since there are thousands of albums sitting under there than never get any attention. The second album in the first box I looked in was a copy of Whipped Cream, still in it's shrinkwrap. The one edge had been opened, and it looked like it had been played maybe once or twice. Almost no scratches, just a ton of dust. $4!

And re: that Avalanches reissue, I think it's only a CD reissue, correct? I got the Modular 2xLP release as a birthday gift last year, and I found out that the person who bought it for me paid $80 for it. It's my favorite album but I still feel guilty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superchunk
Dec 27, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
If you have the time, putting them up on discogs could be a good idea. That is, if you're willing to mail them out. Otherwise, I can't think of any other options besides selling to a record store or putting up an ad on craigslist.

All in the past month or so:

Avi Buffalo - Avi Buffalo
The Walkmen - Lisbon
No Age - Glitter 12"
No Age - Teen Creeps 7"
No Age - Eraser 7"
No Age - Nouns
Shabazz Palaces - Black Up
White Stripes - Let's Shake Hands 7" (record store day reissue, black vinyl)
Deerhunter - Microcastle/Weird Era Cont.
Deerhunter - Cryptograms/Fluorescent Grey
Bon Iver - Bon Iver, Bon Iver
Bon Iver - Calgary 12"
Gayngs - Relayted
Yuck - Yuck
The Silhouettes - Get a Job b/w I Am Lonely
The Moonglows - Book of Love b/w You Never Loved Me
Eternal Summers - Eternal Summers EP (band told me this was the last copy, ever!)
The Beets - Stay Home
Coma Cinema - Blue Suicide
Megafaun - Gather, Form & Fly
Washed Out - Within & Without

Phew.

Superchunk
Dec 27, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Inspector_71 posted:

So the [Pias] warehouse was burned to the ground in the riots in England.

Apparently some of the labels they did distribution for are reporting 90%+ loss of their stock and it may actually put some of them under.

I read about that but I didn't know that it was that serious. That's really loving awful.

Superchunk
Dec 27, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Wow, you got screwed. I got my copy for $20 from a local store. $26 is insane.

Superchunk
Dec 27, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I've always known standard price for a new single LP is about 12-18 and a double is anywhere from 18-25 at the most. I've seen some double LPs (like Bjork's Debut reissue) at some larger corporate stores like Hastings for $30+, but at any of my local record stores nothing is more than 30 dollars unless it's some rare collectible thing.

Superchunk
Dec 27, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Man, it is loving impossible to get a copy of The Caretaker's An Empty Bliss Beyond This World on vinyl.

I don't care if it's an original, a reissue or a re-reissue, I just want it on vinyl :(

I'm having the same problem with Grouper stuff. All of her albums were such limited, self-released pressings that I can't find anything for a reasonable price. I would kill to have Dragging a Dead Deer Up a Hill, but I'd settle for any of her other albums too. I even went to a record store in Portland where she regularly shops and sells her music and they only had one 7"

Superchunk
Dec 27, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Ghumbs posted:

I am now just envy manifested into a physical form made of tears.

Superchunk
Dec 27, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Yes. I spoke to a person who works with Modular Records earlier this year and he told me he could 100% guarantee there wouldn't be a new Avalanches album this year, but they were supposedly doing a big reissue campaign. It's my favorite record of all time, and even though I already paid $70 for a copy, I'll probably buy the reissue too.

Superchunk
Dec 27, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'm too poor to buy records anymore, but working in radio has it's perks. I was corresponding with the promoter for Young Prisms, telling him how much I was loving their new album and today opened my mail to a shiny copy of their new album In Between on vinyl!

Superchunk
Dec 27, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Yeah yeah yeah RSD is a scam etc etc, but there's still legitimately new, unreleased, exclusive things coming out that day. We all know we're not dumb enough to buy an $18 7", so why does it matter? For a small record store, that day of big sales is a real help, regardless of how lame some of the merchandise is. The place I work at will probably be able to put in some large orders of brand new records, as well as buy some new things for the store and help pay the rent.

Superchunk
Dec 27, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Just picked up a silver/black swirl copy of the My Bloody Valentine Lost Tracks and Rare Cuts bootleg #16/100. :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superchunk
Dec 27, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

Did anyone get the Botch Anthology of Dead Ends reissue? It was the only Record Store Day release I was remotely interested in, but I guess it was pretty limited.

I tried to stay away from my record store today, I really did, but I caved. Got what I believe is a first press of Brainwreck by Ramming Speed and a pretty sweet Heiress t-shirt, so that's pretty cool.

My store got two or three copies for some reason. I know some kid bought one when I was in earlier, might still have the others.