Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

traveling midget posted:

Yessssssssss it's here

This means mine should be coming soon along with the Farside "Rigged" reissue. Hell yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

Thanks, now I'm out $40 with shipping. Jerk.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

WASDF posted:

I highly doubt the color of the vinyl really does anything for the quality.

Black vinyl is the least noisy, but unless you have some insane audiophile system the difference between black/clear/colored is negligible. Pic discs, though, tend to have noticeably lower quality.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010
It's a 3d printed record! Granted, the fidelity is the equivalent of an 11kbps mp3, but it still represents at least part of the future of the vinyl format.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Anaau7lh9iU

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

niff posted:

Any of you guys have any experience with lathe-cut records? It's rather rare to see them now, but interested to see if you guys had any in a collection somewhere. I'm thinking of getting some cut for my stoner/doom band on the cheap. Sources say they have incredible low end but distort (in a charming way) on the high end.

The only lathe cut I have or have heard is the Monarque "Vigor Mortis" 8", which sounds fine to me. On the other hand, maybe it sounds fine because it's lo-fi Quebecois black metal anyway. The sound is a little thin which I always chalked up to it having the weight of a flexi. The real issue with lathe cuts as I understand it is that they only hold up for 50-100 plays before the grooves are worn out.