Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

death by computer
Sep 6, 2010

I need some advice here:

I just recently won a competition from EMI Sessions on Facebook, and received two Record Store Day records, the Beach Boys' "Good Vibrations / Heroes and Villains" single, and Deep Purple's "Hush / Speed King" 7" (picture here). The problem is that my record player only has two speeds: 33⅓ and 45 rpm. The Beach Boys single is 78 rpm. So I can't play it. My question is: What is the best method for me to sell this record? I've thought of selling it on eBay, but I figured that if I do that, I'd be lucky if I got a fraction of what it was worth. I've also thought of getting it in to my local record store. What should I do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death by computer
Sep 6, 2010

I recently found a copy of the Portsmouth Sinfonia's first album in a charity thrift store hidden in the mounds of old Al Hirt and Herb Alpert records. If any of you aren't familiar with the Sinfonia, they were a group of students who (mostly) couldn't play any of the instruments they were assigned. Brian Eno produced their first album and played the clarinet. Here's their version of "Also Sprach Zarathustra" (which you've probably heard by now):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uOpk8NwFL8

I think I almost crapped myself out of glee when I found it.