Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

content
Feb 13, 2014

Anaranjado posted:

Maybe this is a silly question, but gently caress it. I picked up Hamilton leithauser's new album, and it came with a bonus ep of four songs, which is cool and all, but the extra disc has all four songs on one side and then the other side is blank. Is that a common thing? I don't have much of a collection, but none of them have a completely blank side D or whatever.

Moonface's Dreamland EP also has a blank B side, which I'd never seen until then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

content
Feb 13, 2014

wa27 posted:

there needs to be some sort of definitive list of male artists that put full body shots on their gatefolds.

Hell yes please.

content
Feb 13, 2014

https://twitter.com/NewsFedora/status/961780237167153155

On point.

content
Feb 13, 2014

Not really the same vibe, but the outside gatefold of Lodger has always been a favorite.

content
Feb 13, 2014

caligulamprey posted:

Coincidentally I just nabbed up this sweet reissue:

Does the reprint come with the "Working in the Coal Mine" 7"?

content
Feb 13, 2014

Boinks posted:

I found am original copy at an antique store awhile back for $1 with the 7" and original sleeve but no poster.

Same, but I think 8 payed $5

content
Feb 13, 2014

EL BROMANCE posted:

It's generally overpriced, pointless limited runs of albums that make no sense designed for people to flip on eBay/discogs.

content
Feb 13, 2014

Jerry Cotton posted:

The 13th Floor Elevators
69-Hard
101 Strings

content
Feb 13, 2014

Managed to finally grab a Katamari OST from mondo, which was rad. Shipping was $5 for just the record, and $15 when I added an enamel pin (nope.)

content
Feb 13, 2014

I'm stoked to spin Lonely Rolling Star live to everyone's dismay.

content
Feb 13, 2014

Jerry Cotton posted:

No. Except when I know it's not their real name. Like Eleanoora Rosenholm is the name of the band, not the singer, because there's no one called Eleanoora Rosenholm in the band, so it goes under E :evilbuddy:

Agreed. I wonder if sorting by first name will be more common with people that didn't exist in a pre-spotify world. I'm conditioned due to to years of facing CDs at electonrics stores.

content
Feb 13, 2014

Bloodplay it again posted:

Is the "180g Katamari Swirl" variant what the other stores are gonna get?

I figured that was just the original pressing, as it's sold out.

content
Feb 13, 2014

content
Feb 13, 2014

1000 umbrellas posted:

Naw man you gotta take the record out of the jacket, toss that lovely paper sleeve that's leaking dust and flecks of paper all over it, and put it in a fresh plastic anti-static sleeve. Then you put the record jacket in the outer plastic sleeve, and the antistatic sleeve containing the record in with it (on the backside, so you can still see the front cover). That way when you want to play, you just dip into the plastic sleeve and pull the record out. Half the time I leave the antistatic sleeve tucked in the outer plastic sleeve anyway. It takes two seconds to pull a record off the shelf, reach into the top of the plastic sleeve and pull only the record out of the whole contraption. No more ringwear, no more split seams. All printed inner sleeves, documentation, etc. stays inside the jacket for safe keeping, and if I ever want to reflect on it I have plenty of time while the record is actually playing to unpack the whole thing and put it all back together.

Collecting!

I learned this method a while ago from these forums and have never looked back. It’s so easy to get what you need quickly, and I’ve also noticed I’m not getting ringwear. :discourse:

content
Feb 13, 2014

CPL593H posted:

I mean if people are looking for convenience and ease of use, this music format is a bad choice.

I also keep my creme brûlée ingredients and tools in separate lock boxes at the bottom of the ocean.

content
Feb 13, 2014

Barry posted:

The record was previously inside the jacket, now it is behind it. I'm really not sure how to phrase this but there is now a 1/4" (or so) record on the back of the jacket that wasn't there before.

Nah.

content
Feb 13, 2014

BigFactory posted:

It absolutely makes lps take up more space on the shelf. Especially with double lps. Jackets don’t magically shrink when they don’t have a record in them.

It's not magic. They shrink because the space that is normally occupied by a record is being pushed in by the record being on the outside of the sleeve. Yes, a very small part next to the spine remains open, but it sure as hell isn't a quarter inch. As said before, it's negligible.

content
Feb 13, 2014

CPL593H posted:

There are clearly two Marks on that cover.

content
Feb 13, 2014

Dead Goon posted:

Quick question about all the 7" vinyl I see with the huge centre hole (obviously jukebox pulls) - how do you play them on a regular player?

content
Feb 13, 2014

CPL593H posted:

I find it funny to hear any of Brian Eno's solo albums referred to as "pop".

If you point to a radiator and a burger and ask me which one is a sandwich, I'm gonna say the burger.

content
Feb 13, 2014

CPL593H posted:

It's all the albums covers with my face on David Bowie's body.

Congrats on your new dog dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

content
Feb 13, 2014

pwn posted:

As long as we’re making ourselves feel bad with stuff we can’t afford: Ship to Shore records will be re-releasing the soundtracks for Mother, Mother 2, Gradius II, and Gradius III. They start taking preorders on Wednesday at 10 AM EST.

Lol just sold my copy of Mother 2 for $70 on ebay 2 days ago. I'll be glad to pick it up again.