Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

1000 umbrellas posted:

I posted about this in the old thread when the digital version dropped, but now that the vinyl is here I feel it's immensely more relevant:

My band's debut EP arrived today in the mail! All 500 copies of it. This is my first experience pressing a vinyl record, and I'm beyond proud of the final product; from the recording to the mastering to the whole package, I couldn't have asked for a better turnout. My jaw hit the floor when I spun it for the first time.

It's 4 songs, pressed at 45rpm on sun orange vinyl. You can get it here:
http://conveyor.bandcamp.com

(or just download the mp3s for free, yo).

If you live in or around NYC, stay tuned; we're having a homecoming release show when we get back from tour in early September.

$10 for an EP? What the gently caress is that about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
Anyone in here spent some time in Madison, WI? I'm going there next month for a business trip and I'd like to check out some record stores while I'm in town.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
Yeah this kind of stuff is happening everywhere. Plan 9, which has been operating for the past 30 years, filed for bankruptcy recently and I'm sure it's safe to assume that they will be closing up shop sometime in the near future.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
Yeah that's exactly what caused the beginning of the end. They tried to expand way too fast and they got spread way too thin money wise and they've just been playing catch up since then. I mean they opened like 7 or 8 new stores around the state in 2007 and all of them were closed by 2009.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

LtTennisBall posted:

Night Birds LP is AWESOME. I managed to get one of the early pre-order copies that comes with this screenprinted slipcover thing.

Stoked people are digging on the Night Birds LP. One of my favorite new bands of the past 5 years. That LP is amazing. Plus everyone needs to buy it so Alex can keep just running the label and not go back to having a real job.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Not an Anthem posted:

So.. my question is who is doing flexis in the US? The last plant I knew of was the Christian-only one in Florida. I hear Pirate's Press (CZ) is doing them now, is that the only one?

I want to release some flexis basically and I'm looking for the cheapest place. If its not worth it I might try making a DIY cutterhead..

Erika does them but Flexis are retarded.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

CPL593H posted:

I know we've got some New England people here. Have any of you been to Analog Underground in Providence? I only heard about them recently, but apparently theyr on the same drat street as another shop I frequent (Armageddon Shop).

I'm heading up to Rhode Island next week are there any decent record stores in Newport that you know of? Hopefully I can stop by the shops in Providence as well.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

alg posted:

God drat, the Circle Takes the Square pre-order is $30

Fund the record via kickstarter and still do $30 preorders with $8.50 shipping price? gently caress this band forever

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
Richmond has 3 good record stores and ignore the guy above who said Plan 9 because that place is the worst. My personal favorite is Vinyl Conflict for all your punk/hardcore/metal needs. Steady Sounds and Deep Groove are also cool but tend to price a little in the high side. Joint Custody in DC is awesome. I love My Mind's Eye in Cleveland. Celebrated Summer in Baltimore is pretty cool too.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
That's a silly argument because you can't expect someone to assume that 30 years later one of their sons would find unreleased recordings, release them, and cause a huge blow up in interest of the band. That's just the nature of playing in bands that get overlooked.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
Celibate Rifles are loving awesome. Criminally under appreciated.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
Yeah that Nuns record is great. Alejandro Escovedo pre going solo. Great San Francisco punk I paid $40 for a copy not too long ago albeit in much better condition. That Barriers record is kind of weak but it might catch some money from the right Richmond collector.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
I bought the Velvet Underground box set the day it came out and I can say that it is really awesome and will always be awesome.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

cosmicjim posted:

In school I'm taking a fundamentals of public speaking class. For our Demonstration speech I showed the class "Advanced ebay searching and finding the value of things". As my "attention getter" I asked the class how much did they think Michael Jackson's Thriller on vinyl was worth. The serious answers were $50-80ish. Then while doing the searching I found the cheapest buy it now and bought it to prove a point. Paid like $7. Any creative ideas on what I should do with it now? I already have a copy, and it might not be in great shape since I didn't look at the description because the speech had a time limit and I was doing it live.

Lol you paid $7 for Thriller

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Blast Fantasto posted:

Black Flag made My War with Henry Rollins.

After Henry Rollins left, they made this -

Greg Ginn ruined Black Flag.

Yeah Rollins was just a passenger on the Greg Ginn poo poo train.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

stay depressed posted:

plan 9 in richmond

That's not even the worst store in Richmond.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
Yesterday was a good day:

Flex Your Head 1st press on alternative tentacles
Faith/Void Split second press
Wu-tang Clan - Wu-Tang Forever first press
Slayer - Reign In Blood First Press
Bad Religion - how could hell be any worse second press
Neon Boys/Richard Hell and the Voidoids 7 inch
Accelerators 7 inch on Mutha
Caetano Veloso - Araca Azul First Press

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

kirkjames posted:

:worship:

how much did you pay for the reign in blood? have a beater copy I got for like 10 bucks but looking for a minty one.

the alt. tentacles flex your head is the one with the super dope XXX cover right? Definitely the best cover art.

Paid $20 for Reign In Blood. It's not NM or anything but the record plays perfectly after a cleanup. Yeah it has the XXX cover which is definitely the coolest one.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Ras Het posted:

Sick! How much?

That was $35. It's tough to find Brazilian presses of tropicalia stuff in decent condition so I was so excited to see it. I want to jump into collecting all that stuff i.e. Os Mutantes, Gilberto Gil, Gal Costa, etc. but it can get expensive really quickly.

answersyouseek fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jun 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

izationalizer posted:

The first pressing has the "violin" cover; it's the one I have.

Nah the Wheat Cover, the Violin Cover, and the XXX cover were all done at the same time. Violin is out of 4000. Wheat is out of 3000. XXX is out of 2000 and is the UK press.