Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Haven't had the time to go dollar bin hunting lately, and too poor for most other stuff at the moment, but I had to splurge this time.

A buddy of mine got his first vinyl release. Just got delivered, and it sounds sexy as hell. Never had the privilege of combining my habit with supporting a friend before, probably boosted this to my top 15 purchases just for that.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surc
Aug 17, 2004

BigHustle posted:

How about the best of both worlds?

These are what I've used for hanging covers, never had a complaint. Also, if you just want a few immediately instead of waiting for shipping, target carries them for a couple bucks more.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I just know it's going to turn out that these albums suddenly start selling for super cheap because I finally bought online, but Popmarket's deal of the day today is a bundle of:
-Nightawks at the Diner,
-Mule Variations, and
-Bad As Me
for $48.90 with free shipping in the US, and you can get it down to $44 by using the coupon code "facebook10".

Figured I'd post it here in case, like me, any of you can't find any Tom Waits without obscene prices attached.

E: Although it looks like people are complaining about long wait times on some of the deals on there, so I guess beware of that if you decide to order it.

surc fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 24, 2011

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Space human being posted:

Herbie Hancock - Fat Albert Rotunda (in the $1 bin)

I've never seen Herbie Hancock in the $1 bin before, not even his disco stuff let alone something this early.

:aaaaa: Finding Herbie Hancock for $1 would seriously make my entire year.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Man, and I was ecstatic to find a good copy of Headhunters for $10! I don't feel too bad about it though, it was a little indie shop that a guy started with his personal collection.
Maybe I'm just unlucky with my timing, but I feel like vinyl's just too popular in the bay area for me to catch many really good deals. :(

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Just got home to find this had come in the mail for me. Ecstatic!

surc fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Nov 27, 2011

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Wandered into the Berkeley Rasputin a few days ago, and to my surprise they've added an Exotica/Lounge section. Picked up "Exotica" By Martin Denny with the vinyl in fantastic condition, and was sorely tempted by Infinity in Sound Volume 1 and 2 by Esquivel. Next time, wallet. :(

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Looks like Popmarket has a Black Keys deal today. You can get Magic Potion, Attack & Release, Brothers, and El Camino for $58.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

JohnnyWarbucks posted:

Just pre-ordered Kishi Bashi's new LP on white vinyl today from Joyful Noise Records. Really looking forward to this one, comes out early April I think.

$15 for white vinyl + mp3 or $12 for black vinyl + mp3 from http://www.joyfulnoiserecordings.com/

If you haven't heard any of the stuff from his EP, I would reccomend checking out Bright Whites, Manchester, or It All Began With a Burst.

I checked this out based on this recommendation, and loved what I heard. Got my pre-order download code today if anybody wants it.

http://www.joyfulnoiserecordings.com/digital/
Catalog # : jnr92
Code : 4BZF0M49

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surc
Aug 17, 2004

After getting this and the Tom Waits deal, I have to say I am pretty happy with popmarket: