Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Every year me and some friends do a secret santa and this year I'm going to put some records on my wish list. I think whoever gets me would probably use Amazon to order, but I've had issues with Amazon shipping records in the past and don't think I'd take the gamble. I do almost all my record shopping in person so any recommendations for a website with decent prices I could direct them to?

e: Or should I just let them go with Amazon and chalk my experiences up to bad luck?

weekly font fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Nov 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Thanks yall. I put links up via Amazon - figure if they have Prime and don't have to pay for shipping I can get another record out of it.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

It could also be your room. My old studio apartment that had one window and little airflow, I could barely get a new record out of the paper but in my new place I've never had the issue. Pretty sure it has something to do with humidity but looking deeper into that gets you into insane record guy internet where they talk about perfect humidity percentages for their record rooms.

Anyway, all I'm saying is sometimes you can do everything "right" and just have the wrong environment so don't go too nuts.

CPL593H posted:

Mobile Fidelity sleeves are much better with this than any other poly sleeve I've come across. It can still happen with them, but it will be much less often.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

How often do yall get albums shipped in the mail that come with some minor but noticeable warpage, nothing impacting the sound. I'm on a streak of like three in a row and none of them are from individual sellers on discogs/ebay or anything. Talking direct from the label or amazon.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Bloodplay it again posted:

What's up youtube it's ya boy bloodplay it again here with the whitest, hottest stampers available. Last week the bloodplay family tested five VIRAL tiktok videos and this week we're comin at ya with the classics. We're gonna be huffing jenkems and ANAL(heh)yzing this week's white hot stampers: 1988's soundtrack to Big and Grateful Dead '72 Live. Get ready, get strapped, let's go.

This whole post is amazing this is not an empty quote

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

pwn posted:

Haha me too. Just make out a money order and mail it off and a few weeks later something arrived in the mail. No tracking numbers to obsess over.

This post sent me straight back to high school

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

gently caress this site

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Been here almost three months but I just found out I moved practically next door to a record store (Long in the Tooth, Philly). My wallet is turbofucked.

:getin: