Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I have a semi large collection and was wondering what would be the best place to sell it. I kind of hate ebay and I don't want to get ripped off at a record store. Any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was actually considering that. Discogs seems decent too but I haven't really explored it much.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

cheese eats mouse posted:

There's a few things I'm wondering if you have. I've been looking for the damned Demon Days LP at a decent price for forever.

SA Mart is your best bet, plus I know everyone in this thread would jump on it quickly and they'd be going to loving homes. :)

I do actually have Demon Days. I'll give you a heads up if I end up selling my collection.

JehovahsWetness posted:

If you know how to grade and ship a record then doing a set sale here or on some other record forum can get decently priced records moved pretty quickly.

What I'd do is pull all the records below a certain value (~$10, it's up to you) and sell/trade those as a lot to a decent record store. Return value will suck but so does grading, listing, packing, and shipping records (trust me). The remainder can be sold set sale/discogs. You may hit up your local store, since a lot of good stores will sell higher value records on commission and you won't have to deal with the hassle. There's private dealers that also sell on commission.

It really, really depends on the quality and quantity of your collection. I've moved a ton of records really quick by just doing a craigslist ad and people will buy tons of the worst poo poo.

This is a great idea. Thanks.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jul 23, 2011

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

hatelull posted:

No. :( If it was an original, I would have just been a tool and framed it or something. That's an 180g re-pressing. I think they repressed all of them in 180g back when they albums were getting the remaster/repackage treatment from Rhino. I have the 180g re-releases of their first two LP's plus that Honey's Dead and I'll probably stop there. Stoned and Dethroned is something I've never seen around here on vinyl, and Automatic absolutely drops off after "Head On."

I would however, probably pay stupid amounts of cash for a vinyl release of Barbed Wire Kisses.

I think they just repressed honeys dead. I have been looking for it forever and just started seeing it around this month. I'm glad I was finally able to get it. Stoned and Dethroned still appears to be Awol though. That record is like $100 dollars :(

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Why do people want to convert their records to digital? I don't get it. Unless you are literally the first person on the planet to convert that particular dic, what is the point?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Couldn't they obtain the recording through much easier means as well?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If you really want to transfer your Lp's to digital more power to ya but it seems super pointless in this age of technology where someone else has probably already done it for you.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Farts Domino posted:

I have that Mudhoney and used to keep it on my wall. Can't figure out why they got rid of that lettering for the CD release

They re-issued it with that lettering. I am not a big Mudhoney fan but that record kicks rear end. I love to rock Touch me I'm Sick in my car.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

Aw drat. That's kick rear end. I look for TMV vinyl every time I go to any record store, and can't ever find them. *envy*

drat. Didn't realize that their poo poo was so pricey. I have the Tremulant EP sitting around here somewhere. Bought it when it came out for $6 :cool:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Interest check:

I am going to sell a few of my somewhat rare records cause I'm broke, and figured I'd hit you guys up or put a SA mart thread up before I deal with the pain in the rear end that is Ebay. Haven't got exact prices yet but I'll probably knock like 20% off the cheapest discogs price if that sounds fair.

So far I am selling:

Gorrilaz-Demon Days. (A goon mentioned he wants this record so I need to contact him first)
The Mars Volta-Tremulant
Carcass-Reek of Putrefaction (colored ltd to 1000)
Carcass-Heartwork (colored ltd to 1000)
At the Gates-Slaughter of the Soul (colored ltd to 1000)
Mastodon-Lifesblood (Colored 2x7" also very limited)
Neurosis-Word as Law

More to come!

Ooo first dibs if you do! ;)

This was from forever ago and I can't PM you about Demon Days. Hopefully you are still checking the thread.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Dec 13, 2011

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

I might be interested in this one

Which pressing is it, and how much do you want for it?

It's on clear red. I bought it around the time leviathan came out I think or maybe a little before that. I'll have to look into which pressing it is. Let me get back to ya on the price.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cool, good to hear you guys are interested. I have some more I found that I am going to sell too I just need to finish my last final tomorrow and we can do some wheeling and dealing.

If it bugs too many people I can start a SA Mart thread but I figure most of the vinyl fans are posting here anyways.

Quick update:

The White stripes-Elephant (red and white 2xlp)
AFI: The nitro years box set (first 5 albums on clear)
At the drive in/Sunshine split LP (clear purple)

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Dec 14, 2011

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CPL593H posted:

Get a load of this loving clown:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/35-VINYL-45...=item3f113fe1c3

Some people these days can't seem to grasp that EVERY record is not worth it's weight in gold. After working at a record store for two years I can't tell you how many people walked into that place with some scuffed up Beatles record thinking they were going to walk out with enough money to buy an HDTV.

I was watching that dumb show "Storage Wars" last night and one of the guys thought he found a goldmine when he came upon a box of old gospel records.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CPL593H posted:

I'm well aware of this, but holy poo poo. This is far worse than anything I've seen. The guy wants five grand for a pile of lovely dollar bin records that he even says are scratched.

He's a colossal idiot but nothing surprises me anymore. It would be fun to send him a message asking him what the hell he is smoking though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hey I don't know if you saw my earlier post. Sorry I'm just a little excited to give you money.

Oh yeah I did. I'm just waiting to get back to everyone until I can sit down and figure out everything tomorrow or Friday morning.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think I emailed everyone in regards to the records I'm selling. Was pretty busy last week and didn't want to have to delay shipping. I am pretty open this week though so I can ship quickly. Check your junk mail if you don't see anything in your inbox.

Some more stuff I dug up.

Boris/sunn0)))-Altar 3xlp (sweetest packaging I have ever seen)
Fantomas-delirium cordia (actually this one might be cooler, 2x picture lp with super glossy heavy duty gatefold)
At the drive in/Sunshine split (clear pink)
Cibo Matto-Stereotype A (2x gatefold way oop)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemNext&item=190644755876&pt=Music_on_Vinyl&autorefresh=true

I literally hit bid on this when the counter hit zero and didn't get to place it. gently caress finding a great auction 1 minute before it ends and not having enough time to deliberate whether I want to buy or not.

For those not familiar with this album, it's basically amazing horror rock made by the man responsible for coining the term psychedelic rock (as the 13th Floor elevators) after he went completely insane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50k-dCwV6SU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSv1J_5Aom8

Pretty much every song on this album is this good too.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Mar 1, 2012

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

theradiostillsucks posted:

Also, NESguerrilla, that Roky Erickson album does rule, and not to spit in the face of psych fans everywhere, but I find it far more enjoyable than anything the Elevators ever did. Did Sympathy not do a repress when they reissued it on CD a few years back? Then again, some Sympathy vinyl gets expensive quick once it's out of print.

The reissued CD is out of print and expensive as hell so if there was a vinyl pressing it's probably also pricey.

The Elevators were awesome. I just wish someone would remaster them without the god drat electric jug.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CPL593H posted:

There is this: http://www.sundazed.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=940&osCsid=a7ab68ebcbae72f4f015b606b5109d46 It does include the electric jug, but it is an all analog mono pressing. So it's incredibly faithful to the intended sound.

Nice. Have you heard it? Do you know if the jug is toned down a bit? It's just mixed so loud and it's really goofy sounding. Kind of kills a few of their songs for me.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CPL593H posted:

Well for starters I loving hate Fleetwood Mac. But aside from that, releasing nothing but a bunch of Baby Boomer wank is a total loving waste because they could use the occasion to put out some cool and unique releases. Or better yet, just put them out anyway without it being an occasion. Everything about RSD just reeks of cash grab. If they really gave a poo poo about a niche market they would have been working with independent stores all along and not just in the last few years when vinyl records became fashionable again. I can guarantee you that once the novelty wears off and the bandwagon hoppers stop caring Record Store Day will be history.

Also, reissuing two Black Keys albums in a row right after they got put out. It hardly gets more "gently caress you give us your money" than that. The 45 RPM Brothers should have just been the standard release, and this new version of El Camino should have as well. It's a blatant ploy to get completists and hardcore fans to buy the same album twice.

I went last year for the first time in a few years and, never again. Terrible crowds, horribly over priced poo poo, fake hype that makes every release cost $100 on ebay for like 5 days until the dust settles...and to top it all off most of the poo poo isn't even that exciting. Blech. No thanks, RSD.

All I wanted was those Tron discs and they were gone in like 2 seconds. They were also horribly over priced. I think I just ended up buying that hosed Up album that I listened to once.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Why did you edit that out? I thought it was pretty spot on. It's annoying trying to find something rare (especially on RSD when you have to wake up at 5 am on a weekend) and realizing it's just a marketing ploy.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

How much would a Jack White flexi disc ltd to 1000 be worth if it wasn't attached to a balloon? Buying something like that for 1000's of dollars has to be one of the worst investments I have ever heard of.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I am selling some Boards of Canada albums in SA Mart if anyone is interested.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3479463

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fors Yard posted:

+

=

I'm still kicking myself over not buying BoC's Music Has The Right to Children at the Virgin Megastore, while visiting Chicago on a school trip. This was before I was really into collecting (or buying vinyl), but I still remember it sitting there with about a $20 price tag...

Geogaddi and Campfire Headphase were around that price when I bought them too. If you ever like a Warp artist buy the vinyl ASAP because they always go out of print really quick.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If I was selling a bunch of LP's, what would be a good estimated shipping price (including the cost of mailers/boxes)? Does $3 for the first disc and $1.50 for each additional sound about right? I'm trying to find a general price that will make it so I don't make a BS profit on shipping, but I don't want to get boned either.

Also, where in the loving world can I buy record mailers outside of the internet? There has to be some store that sells them in bulk, but I can't find them anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yo guys, sorry to bug you with SA Mart poo poo on RSD but I just stuck put a couple of hundred records in my collection in SA Mart. There is some really awesome poo poo in there as well as some really lame poo poo.

Please check it out I spent the whole afternoon making this list ha.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3480548