Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

The stuff that bothers me at the thrift stores is that there are so many copies of Theme From Dr Zhivago but none of the stuff you KNOW sold a million copies. Where are my 45s for tennessee ernie ford's Sixteen Tons, harry belafonte's Hold em Joe and andrews sisters' Rum and Coca-Cola?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Portland goons don't go to the new record store on Prescott and 15th because I don't want you to buy all these records out from under me!

it's a cool, tiny place and I want to own about half of their stock

just got an Amon Tobin and a Company Flow (for $1!) because I didn't want to spend too much

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

That neutral milk hotel site must be brilliant marketing, because this is the first time since high school I've been excited about that band.

I used to have (probably still do) two or three hundred live and demo tracks by them. Most of those on the new box set are duds when it comes to both songwriting and recording quality. Even completionists would probably spin them once and put them away. I imagine that "unreleased" means "leaked and widely available online" at least when it comes to four track and live versions.

But I loving salivate at the idea of this:

quote:

Previously unreleased 10" featuring eight acoustic recordings (seven studio tracks heard here for the first time)

Side A -
Oh Sister
Ferris Wheel on Fire
Home
April 8th

Side B -
I Will Bury You In Time
Engine
A Baby For Pree/Glow Into You
My Dream Girl Don't Exist

If those are truly heard here for the first time--not the versions I know--it's exciting. All of side B are solid songwriting, most of all Engine. And Oh Sister has always been the missing piece that left Aeroplane incomplete and (just barely) unsatisfying. It's a crime that song wasn't on the album.

"Home" I'm not familiar with it. Has anybody here heard it?

edit: wish i had the scratch to buy the set...

Mescal fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Aug 27, 2011