Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Yeah, I know it's a drag...
but wastin' pigs is still radical.
I know you guys hate people posting new releases, but I think this record looks really cool...

It's the Flaming Lips with Prefuse 73 EP, and just like the Neon Indian one, each copy was custom made so that no two look alike.

Mine looks like this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Isorenieratane posted:

Goddamn you, I've been looking forward to this release, but so far because it's in store pick up only I feel I've been a bit shafted, being in the UK and all I have no chance of picking it up in a store.

Rough Trade got the Neon Indian 12"... I'm sure they'll get this, too.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Crimson Sox posted:

Really want to get this, but I haven't seen it online/local shops yet.

Crossposting:

"The Prefuse 73 EP is starting to make its way to more record stores...

Other Music in NYC, Original Vinyl in LA, and End of An Ear Records in Austin are all confirmed to have it.

End of An Ear is willing to do mail order if you call them."

End of An Ear got 40 copies and are now down to around 15. If you want one, call them as soon as possible.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Fritzler posted:

Pretty sure it is Origami Vinyl, not original vinyl, because on Thursday Origami Vinyl sent me a message that said: "Just got a call from the manager of Flaming Lips. They are sending us 20 copies of the new 12" collab with Prefuse 73 + 5 more copies of the Neon Indian collab! WOOHOO!"

You're right... I'm not sure why I typed Original.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Just got this... The Flaming Lips with Lightning Bolt.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

CPL593H posted:

Dear god, you're touching the playing surface! What have you done?

I knew someone was going to get me for that. I couldn't figure out a better way to hold it for the photo.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Cheesus posted:

Next month is shaping up to be expensive between the Nevermind release, Star Wars Blu-ray, assorted stuff I'm forgetting, and now this (apparently 9/26):
http://www.musiconvinyl.com/news/music_on_vinyl_to_release_universal_titles

:hellyeah:

The problem about Music on Vinyl is that since they're based in the Netherlands, everything they release is very expensive to import. Their releases are normally like $40-50 for single LPs.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Mr. Stepmom posted:

Still, that Pulp album never goes for under $100 on Discogs/eBay. So I look at it as a 50% discount!

That's true. Here's to hoping that it'll have the die cut sleeve and inserts.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

CPL593H posted:

I guess as long as I can buy some stand alone version of the live set that'll do. Hearing old demos and studio poo poo is cool sometimes, but whenever I own something like that I hardly ever revisit it. 150 bucks to own it on vinyl is a bit much for me.

The super deluxe set is just the CDs and DVD. No vinyl.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Here's something cool that I just got in the mail...

Sonic Youth - MASTER=DIK 12"... signed by the whole band?

I don't know anything about the autographs of their authenticity, but it was only $15.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

LtTennisBall posted:

Yeah, I don't buy records unless I really love them or just want new stuff on vinyl. But beyond the odd Modest Mouse or Pumpkins record, I guess what I really want isn't as expensive. Speaking of The Lips, I saw a record of theirs (the name escapes me) at In Your Ear. It was a double LP and it was blue. Might have been their first studio album.

That's the Plain reissue of Telepathic Surgery, their third album.

CPL593H posted:

Their first full length album was a single LP and on black vinyl as far as I know.

The first 2000 copies of Hear It Is were on white vinyl.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Mr. Stepmom posted:

I have a copy of "In The Grace Of Your Love", the new LP on white vinyl by The Rapture to give away to a fine goon, courtesy of my employer, DFA Records! Email me at kris at dfarecords dot com. US people only, sorry!

EDIT: It's gone. surfingelectrode is the lucky jerk. congrats!

Got it today.... thanks again!

The Rapture - In the Grace of Your Love
Hercules & Love Affair - Classique #2 b/w Roar
Holy Ghost! - Hold On b/w Hold On (Blackjoy Remix)
Yacht - Shangri-la - White label promo of whole album?

Surfingelectrode fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Sep 14, 2011

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Warner Bros. just sent this out to people who contacted them about the hosed up Flaming Lips Heady Nuggs box set.

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for ordering The Flaming Lips, “Heady Nuggs” boxset. We appreciated how patient you have been with resolving the issues that have arose.

Please be advised that we have pressed a very limited run of replacement vinyl of "Clouds Taste Metallic" for the few of you that have reported pressing defects. Since these are pressed in Europe, delivery time has taken longer than anticipated but we are happy to report they will be at our warehouse any day now. Please send an email to BSM@b3custserv.com with your shipping address so that we may get this item off to you without further delays.

For the inconvenience, we would like to extend this coupon for 15% off you next order at https://www.becausesoundmatters.com

Code: HEADYNUGGS

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,
Because Sound Matters Online Customer Support"

I don't know just how limited the repress was, but if you have a hosed up record, it'd probably be a good idea to contact them ASAP.

If you didn't buy the set, don't be a dick and try to send an email to get the record.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Just got these two:

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

I have a Debut III and upgrading the platter and the cart makes a big difference. I've got a Denon DL-160 on it now.

I really hosed up on switching the cart. Instead of pulling the clips off of the pins, I kinda sorta pulled the wires off of the clips. I had to get someone to solder them back on...

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

I should add that if you're going to use a moving coil (?) cartridge like the DL-160 with the Debut III, you have to get the acrylic platter. The magnet in the cartridge will literally stick to the steel platter that the table comes with.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

CPL593H posted:

So does anyone know if any of these Pink Floyd vinyl reissues are analog remasters?

They're all digital.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Back_From_Termina posted:

I've got a question. Why the hell do some of my 2-record albums have sides 1 and 4 on one record, and sides 2 and 3 on the other? What kind of sense does that make? Why the hell do I need to switch records twice instead of just once? :argh:

(I'm not actually that angry about it. It's just a minor irritation, but I am curious about it.)

It's for turntables that have auto-drop spindles, so you can just put the two records on the spindle, then only have to get up to flip them once.

h3xis posted:

I'm not sure if all of these contain this, but this has the Warp catalog number and mastering engineer's name hand-etched in the inside.

You should get in the habit of checking the deadwax when you get a record. Lots of them have messages and stuff.

CPL593H posted:

I wish I'd known what a hot item Demon Days was going to be a few years back. I used to see multiple copies of that loving album everywhere.

I bought mine from a Hot Topic for like $12. I wish I had gotten another copy, since mine is really beat up now... it was one of my first records ever.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

CPL593H posted:

It's about goddamn time. I kept checking for udpates on Third Man to see what the package is this time. It was worth the wait.

Really? I think this is one of the worse yet. I'm sick of live albums and DVDs, and I couldn't care less about remixes...

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

CPL593H posted:

I love live material and that's the primary reason I signed up for the vault in the first place. I'm so-so on the remixes, but I love the other stuff. Package 9 is kind of lame, but I'm really exicted for the Two Star Tabernacle recording. What kind of stuff would you prefer?

edit: I would like it if they did more t-shirts as was originally the plan.

More unreleased stuff or reissues of rare releases.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

I've got an Octopus Project record that's got ten different sets of grooves on one side. It's pretty ridiculous.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

NESguerilla posted:

I think I emailed everyone in regards to the records I'm selling. Was pretty busy last week and didn't want to have to delay shipping. I am pretty open this week though so I can ship quickly. Check your junk mail if you don't see anything in your inbox.

Some more stuff I dug up.

Boris/sunn0)))-Altar 3xlp (sweetest packaging I have ever seen)
Fantomas-delirium cordia (actually this one might be cooler, 2x picture lp with super glossy heavy duty gatefold)
At the drive in/Sunshine split (clear pink)
Cibo Matto-Stereotype A (2x gatefold way oop)

I'll take the Cibo Matto. PMed.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Check out this copy of the new Flaming Lips/Yoko Ono Plastic Ono Band 12" that I got:

It's not the glow in the dark version (which look awesome), but I love how this one looks.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

Auto-return is the best thing since bread. It should be mandatory.

I would never want a turntable with auto-return. I love records with locked grooves.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

I'm trying to think...

Lou Reed - Metal Machine Music
Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother
Flaming Lips - Telepathic Surgery
Yoko Ono - Yoko Ono/Plastic Ono Band
Public Image Ltd. - Metal Box
Flaming Lips with Yoko Ono/Plastic Ono Band
Boris - Feedbacker
Modest Mouse - The Moon and Antarctica
Black Moth Super Rainbow/Octopus Project - The House of Apples and Eyeballs

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

fozzie dunlop posted:

Feedbacker has a locked groove? I guess the pressing I have doesn't :sigh:

Godspeed's f#a#oo has a locked groove on the B-side as well.

Just the original Japanese pressing, not the reissue.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

I'm sorry that this is going to be really big. I've posted this collection in here before, but I've gotten some cool new stuff since the last time.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Wilbur Swain posted:

What, no gummy skull?

Sold it to raise some money for New Years in OKC.

Surfingelectrode fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jan 25, 2012

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Ron Burgundy posted:

Was Zaireeka released in the 4 disc format on record, or is it the stereo mixdown?

It never got an official vinyl release. The one I've got is a bootleg mixdown, which doesn't sound too bad.

CPL593H posted:

At this point I honestly believe they should just give you some kind of job.

They actually made me a mod on their official site when it relaunched a few months ago.

LtTennisBall posted:

How much of your collection is Flaming Lips, would you guess? Cause that's some (awesome) dedication.

The Lips stuff is maybe around 1/11th of my collection.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Aaaaaaand they're gone.

http://warnerbrosrecordsstore.com/cart/buy.aspx?sys=WBR&UPC=093624951667&L=LIP

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

I have an acrylic platter for my turntable, so I don't even need to use a mat.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

dflanny posted:

:hfive: That's what I was doing last night!

I listened to mine the other night. Awesome album.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Is that Blue Monday 12" even rare? Wasn't it like the best-selling 12" ever?

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

CPL593H posted:

It was but if I recall correctly the ones with the diecut sleeves are harder to find. It was too expensive to make that so I think that was only for the first pressings. Even if it's not rare it's still a cool thing to have.

Yeah, didn't it cost more to make those sleeves than the amount of money they were making from sales?

Just got my Graveface Record Club package, which is just as ridiculous and awesome as usual:

Graveface is seriously the coolest label ever.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

I Might Be Adam posted:

Hey, where do you live? I'm waiting for my record club delivery too and that new Dreamend record is pretty great.

I'm in Tampa.

I think Ryan said they all went out last week, so you should have it soon.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Here's something that I had been wanting for a while and finally got:

The Polyphonic Spree - Together We're Heavy

A copy of it popped up on Discogs for $40, but someone bought it before I did... I wound up finding this on eBay a few days later and won it for $25. Nice.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Here the official list of WB's Record Store Day releases:

quote:

The Black Keys: El Camino (Deluxe vinyl album)
A stunning and highly collectible deluxe vinyl issue of the critically acclaimed 2011 album from The Black Keys. Cut for vinyl from the master tapes at Bernie Grundman Mastering and pressed at Pallas for sonic perfection. This album will never sound or look better. This RSD exclusive package also contains a bonus CD, a limited edition poster, and a two song 45 rpm 7" single featuring previously unreleased live tracks: "Sister" and "Money Maker."

Gary Clark Jr.: Gary Clark Jr. Presents HWUL Cuts Vol. I (12" vinyl single)
A RSD exclusive contains two previously unreleased live tracks, "If You Love Me Like You Say" and "Bright Lights" capture over twenty minutes of music from one of the most anticipated guitar players in music today. This first-ever vinyl release from Clark is sure to be sought out by fans and collectors alike. Cut at 45 rpm by Bernie Grundman Mastering for the very best in analog sound quality and presentation.

Eric Clapton: Blues (Deluxe Vinyl Album Box Set)
Released to critical acclaim leading up to RSD's Back To Black Friday 2011, this limited edition box set is close to selling out. The set includes all three of Eric Clapton's seminal blues albums, From The Cradle, Riding With The King (with B.B. King) and Me And Mr. Johnson, remastered from original source material for vinyl. First time vinyl versions of these albums afford the listener an absolutely stellar new audio experience. With little more than 1,000 box sets left it's time to get your hands on this audiophile treasure.

Common: The Dreamer/The Believer (12" vinyl album)
A limited edition offering featuring exclusive album art of Common's ninth studio album for Record Store Day. The Dreamer/The Believer reunites Common with producer No. I.D., who produced the rapper's most acclaimed CDs. Robust tracks revere and update the past, such as the retro-soul, Curtis Mayfield-influenced "Lovin' I Lost" and tremulously beautiful "Gold."

Wilco / Billy Bragg: Mermaid Avenue: The Complete Sessions (3 CD and 1 DVD)
On Record Store Day, Nonesuch releases Mermaid Avenue: The Complete Sessions, which includes: Mermaid Avenue; Mermaid Avenue Vol. II (re-mastered); Mermaid Avenue Vol. III, comprising 17 previously unreleased recordings made during the Mermaid Avenue sessions; director Kim Hopkins' 1999 film Man in the Sand, which documents those sessions; and a 48-page booklet with new liner notes by Nora Guthrie, full lyrics, archival photographs, and facsimiles of lyric sheets and sketches by Woody Guthrie.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.: We Almost Lost Detroit EP (12" vinyl EP)
A Record Store Day exclusive containing three remixes and three covers, including Madonna's "Like A Prayer," "I Think Of You" by Sixto Rodriguez (both exclusive to this release only) and the memorable Gil Scott Heron cover "We Almost Lost Detroit" from their debut album IT'S A CORPORATE WORLD and remixes by Stepdad, Phantasmagoria, and Chuck Daniels. This six-song single disc is cut at 45 rpm by Bernie Grundman Mastering.

Disturbed: The Collection (Vinyl Album Box Set)
We are proud to announce the definitive Disturbed vinyl box-set edition, THE COLLECTION. A five-album, six-disc offering of the band's complete studio album discography featuring The Sickness (2000), Believe (2002), Ten Thousand Fists (2005), Indestructible (2008), and Asylum (2010). A career retrospective spanning ten years and 18 Billboard Top 100 hits of sophisticated and life-altering heavy music. For this box set, each album has been carefully mastered and pressed on 140-gram vinyl for the very best in audio quality. Each album has been meticulously showcased in a stunning art presentation that is unique and exclusive to this release. This is a limited edition box of only 2500 units worldwide.

Dr. John: Locked Down (Vinyl album)
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame-inducted boogie and blues pianist with an inimitable growl of a voice, Dr. John's most enduring achievements have fused New Orleans R&B, rock, and the Mardi Gras party spirit to come up with his own brand of "voodoo" music. Dr. John's new album, Locked Down (due April 3rd), is a bold statement produced by The Black Keys' Dan Auerbach and will be Dr. John's first for Nonesuch
Records.

Fleetwood Mac: Fleetwood Mac (Deluxe and Standard vinyl editions)
What can be said about this classic album that has not been said before? Originally released in 1975 and representing not only a rebirth of the band, with the addition of Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham, but really a second debut for a group firmly rooted in the rock genre, now reinventing themselves into a pop rock force in a way that few other artists can lay claim to. The album includes the iconic songs "Rhiannon," "Say You Love Me," and "Over My Head." Cut for vinyl at Bernie Grundman Mastering from the original analog tapes and pressed in both 33 rpm and 45 rpm for the very best in audio presentation. A collectible and definitive version for any generation.

JEFF The Brotherhood: Upstairs at United Vol. 3 (12" vinyl EP)
This release is a 3 song EP of JEFF The Brotherhood as a 5 piece band (recorded live to tape) performing "Master Of The Universe" by Hawkwind (from the album of the same name), a brain-melting new track called "In Space, Nobody Can Hear You Scream" plus a reprised "cover" of "I'm A Freak." Pressed at 45rpm for greater sonic impact at United Record Pressing and distributed by URP Music Distributors and 453 Music. You have no idea what you're in for...

Kimbra: Settle Down (Deluxe CD EP)
International newcomer Kimbra's digital EP is being re-released as a physical CD just in time for RSD and her tour with Gotye. The five-song release, which now includes the sultry "Good Intent," also features title track "Settle Down" as well as a remix of "Cameo Lover."

Metallica: Beyond Magnetic (12" color vinyl EP)
Beyond Magnetic consists of four outtakes from the 2008 Death Magnetic sessions and is available for the first time on silver vinyl just for RSD. A potent and exceptionally well-produced example of Metallica's most recent work, which can hold its own with anything within their vast heavy music cannon. Previously unreleased on vinyl and includes a limited edition Metallica sticker.

Mastodon / Feist "A Commotion" / "Black Tongue" (7" vinyl single)
A very exclusive and highly anticipated RSD pressing features Mastodon covering the Feist song "A Commotion," while Feist covers Mastodon's "Black Tongue." A unique and highly buzzed-about Record Store Day prize.

Red Hot Chili Peppers: Stadium Arcadium (Deluxe 180 Gram vinyl Box Set)
On April 14, 2012, the Red Hot Chili Peppers will be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, and to commemorate this historic event, this classic Deluxe box set of the band's first number one album will be specially priced for Record Store Day. The Deluxe package was mastered for vinyl by Steve Hoffman and includes two 16-page booklets -- "Jupiter" and "Mars." The Red Hot Chili Peppers won four Grammy® Awards for Stadium Arcadium including: Best Rock Album, Best Boxed Or Special Limited Edition Package in addition to Best Rock Song and Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group for their chart-topping, record-breaking single "Dani California."

Ximena Sarinana: Maps / La Llorona (7" vinyl single)
A two-song 7" from an exceptionally original and emerging artist, featuring two audio tracks: "Maps" (a Yeah Yeah Yeah's cover) from Rolling Stone Live and "La Llorona" (a Latin American folk song) from KCRW's "Morning Becomes Eclectic." A special release to celebrate her Coachella 2012 appearance.

Regina Spektor: "The Prayer of François Villon (Molitva)" / "Old Jacket (Stariy Pedjak)" (7" color vinyl single)
A RSD exclusive features two b-sides from Regina's upcoming album What We Saw From The Cheap Seats, due in May. This single on white vinyl, mastered by Bob Ludwig, features two songs originally penned by Russian Poet/Musician Bulat Okudzhava, and are performed completely in Russian.

Tegan and Sara: Get Along (12" color vinyl album)
A Record Store Day exclusive -- never before on vinyl. Featuring music from the 2011 Get Along release, comprised of 15 favorites like "Alligator," "Call It Off," "Monday Monday Monday," and "Sentimental Tune." This single live disc, pressed on 12" white vinyl, finds the duo waltzing through its 15-year career with the kind of ease and amiable confidence that can only come from longtime friends who also happen to be siblings.

Side by Side 2012 Series:
A continuation of the well-received Warner Bros Records "Side by Side" series, which was initially introduced in 2011. All are exclusive for Record Store Day on uniquely colored and extremely limited edition 7" vinyl singles, featuring Warner artists covering other historic and personally influential iconic artists. This year's series includes:

The Flaming Lips / Mastodon: "A Spoonful Weighs A Ton" (7" baby pink vinyl single)
The mighty Mastodon faithfully covers the Lips classic "Spoonful Weighs a Ton," from The Soft Bulletin album. Ferociously beautiful!

Sara Watkins (Featuring Fiona Apple) / The Everly Brothers:
"You're The One I Love" (7" olive green with blue/black splatter vinyl single)
Sara Watkins covers The Everly Brothers classic "You're The One I Love" and features co-vocals from a very special guest, Fiona Apple. From Sara's new full-length album, Sun Midnight Sun, available later this spring.

Michael Bublé / Ray Charles: Georgia On My Mind (7" Georgia Peach vinyl single)
Michael Bublé's first ever 7" vinyl release featuring a cover of Ray Charles' classic "Georgia On My Mind" on "Georgia Peach" colored vinyl.

Carolina Chocolate Drops / Run-DMC: "You Be Illin'" (7" Coke-bottle green vinyl single)
The Run-DMC classic rendered in an entirely new way by old-time string band the Carolina Chocolate Drops. The Drops' version was recorded at the same sessions as their February 2012 release Leaving Eden, which was produced by Nashville legend Buddy Miller.

MC5 / Afrika Bambaataa: "Kick Out the Jams" (7" White with red splatter vinyl single)
The incendiary original coupled with a cover version from the pioneer of The Electro Funk Sound.

Otis Redding / Aretha Franklin: "Respect" (7" gold vinyl single)
The seminal classics meet for the first time together on vinyl.

NEWS FLASH! Expect exciting news from The Flaming Lips regarding their very special, limited RSD exclusive release. Stay tuned!

I think I'm in for the Black Keys and the two Lips releases.

Surfingelectrode fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Mar 6, 2012

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

dflanny posted:

Is that Flaming Lips / Mastodon a split? It only mentions the Mastodon song.

Yep, with the original on the b-side.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Numero Group has some really cool releases planned for RSD:

quote:

We just saw a recent list of exclusive Record Store Day product being issued on 4/21/2012, and all of the sudden our Solid Bronze comp we started feeling like it was sending a message that Numero was just half-assing this whole thing. To remedy the situation we had a five hour power meeting late last night and came up with a list of 14 titles we’re going to rush into production to fill the obvious customer demand. Look for the following in stores on Record Store Day, and don’t forget to thank Michael Kurtz for helping us raise the bar.

Syl Johnson – The Unedited Interviews, Volume 1 {6LP marbled-vinyl picture disc boxset, housed in a custom slipcase, plus 496-page “libretto”} [Packaged with a hand-numbered vellum pamphlet replicating the complete #shitmysylsays tweets]

Johnny Lunchbreak – The Break Goes On {Reunion tour 3LP set} [4000 pressed in steam-colored 150-gram vinyl, 1000 on sky-colored 180-gram vinyl, packaged in a 200-gram vinyl lunchpail]

Shirley Ann Lee – The 4hero Remixes {Double 10″} [1000 on marbled vinyl, 1000 on shredded swiss cheese vacuum-pressed into LP, playable only once (perishable, keep refrigerated)]

George Lopez – George Lopez Delivers A Somber Meditation on Lowrider Soul Oldies {LP + mp3 CD-R} [Limited to 1,976 copies.]

Various Artists – Rinked: The Skips & Scratches Compilation {7″} [A bracing cacophony of harsh pops and clicks pulled from vintage records and unique acetates used as original Numero source material, presented as two side-long tracks. Hear five decades worth of damage! Every 7” pressed with a one-of-a-kind inclusion of crumbled acetate pressed into the vinyl!]

Syl Johnson versus Branford Marsalis versus Flaming Lips {2LPs on white chocolate vinyl with a graham cracker crust} [Three legendary performers/creators collaborate on, cover, and remix each other’s material; packaged in a confetti-stuffed and fake-blood-soaked Megadeth t-shirt. Limited to 50,000 copies]

Eccentric Soul: The Capsoul Label, Special Edition {2LP} [8th Anniversary limited edition: Exactly the same release Numero fans have come to know and love, pressed on white vinyl and then hand-blacked out with Sharpies by Numero interns. Limited to 10,000 copies]

Eccentric Breaks & Beats: Chopped & Screwed Edition {LP} [We’ve taken a limited number of deadstock copies and added a FULL COLOR printed sticker that implores the listener to pitch the record way down.]

Numerophon’s Impressions Series: Nilsson(?) Sings Numero {2LP, hand-cut lacquers, candy cane vinyl} [Yes, Harry Nilsson’s been dead for some time now....But it’s a little known fact that Cheap Trick axeman Rick Nielsen does a mean Nilsson impression. Here, he warbles through 20 of your favorite Numero selections with that distinctive Nilsson charm. Limited to 20,000 copies]

Quentin Tarantino Presents: Eccentric Soul: Twinight’s Lunar Rotation {4LP, extra virgin blacksploited vinyl} [Replicates the original Twinight's Lunar Rotation in exacting detail, but with Tarantino’s name egregiously displayed across the top....and the liner notes rewritten as a banal conversation about The Jackson 5, held over a lunch consisting of Chicago-style deep dish pizza and shots of Jeppson’s Malört. Limited to 2000 copies]

Eccentric Soul: The 10” Series [All 28 of our Eccentric Soul 45s recut on this noticeably bigger and more unnecessary format.]

Local Customs: Lone Star Lowlands, Toxic Petrochemicals Edition {3LPs} [All three picture discs feature a horrifying image of a Golden Triangle oil rig fire, shot by an East Texas townie. Guest preface by Werner Herzog. Our original compilation is resequenced and pressed into 240 grams of virgin PVC sourced from condemned Gulf Coast/Piney Woods oil derricks. *Not a limited pressing]

Syl Johnson: Complete Lithography Etched Vinyl Boxset [No music for Kanye West to “borrow,” just 20 unique, limited edition scenes from Syl Johnson’s history of litigation, etched by Alaskan scrimshaw pioneer Archie James Cavanaugh, packaged in a gorgeous attache case fit for any court room!]

I Got’Cha!: The Office Confrontations, Volume 1 {2LPs pressed into blood red vinyl} [The first in a vast, multi-volume series of field recordings captured for posterity inside the Numero office, a rented van, or a midwest Chili’s franchise. Volume 1 features four entire LP sides brimming with bitterly contested and scintillating arguments concerning the punctuation of possessive nouns in Numero liner notes! Limited to 1500 copies.]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

CPL593H posted:

The other problem with old sealed LPs is that if you open it and it's defective, there's gently caress all you can do about it. At least with used LPs you can check the condition and with new stuff you can return defective items. Plus, you'll likely be paying a premium for it. This is actually why a lot of collectors stay away from vintage sealed LPs.

Yeah, especially the shrinkwrap tends to tighten over time and can warp the record and mess up the corners of the jacket.

It feels pretty great to buy a sealed copy of an old record and open it up for the first time, though.