Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
You always start with Yuri and get Repede, Estelle and Rita (in that order) in the boss battle. Karol runs away regardless of your previous battle formation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

You always start with Yuri and get Repede, Estelle and Rita (in that order) in the boss battle. Karol runs away regardless of your previous battle formation.

I always liked how the party members choose to deal with this. They walk in on Nan giving him an earful about it, and decide that they don't really have anything to add. He already knows that he hosed up, how he hosed up, and probably why he hosed up, and none of them (surprisingly, even Yuri) feel the need to pick on him further.

I suspect Rita is too busy being pissed at the dragon rider to even notice Karol, or a lack thereof, at this point in time.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Psion posted:

Way to hate on the Coast Guard, man.

and the chair force

Sorry, man. I was just listing things off the top of my head. I know that the military is made up of more than just the ones I listed. Didn't mean to offend.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Lance Streetman posted:

Sorry, man. I was just listing things off the top of my head. I know that the military is made up of more than just the ones I listed. Didn't mean to offend.

haha, don't worry about it. Just givin' ya trouble, no offense taken.

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

A real avatar never dies, even when it's replaced!
I get the feeling that we are going to make Cumore go die in the future, and someone in the Hunting Blades will get their rear-ends handed to them.

Also Karol's tendency of running off is starting to bug me.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.

KDavisJr posted:

I get the feeling that we are going to make Cumore go die in the future, and someone in the Hunting Blades will get their rear-ends handed to them.

Also Karol's tendency of running off is starting to bug me.

Humm, yeah. Karol gets better about it... actually I think it is part of a major plot point.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Wait wait wait. We just threw down with a giant loving dragon and two guys with pikes are suddenly a threat?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Glazius posted:

Wait wait wait. We just threw down with a giant loving dragon and two guys with pikes are suddenly a threat?

I've played so many RPGs that I don't even notice stuff like this anymore. Still, you know how RPGs work, late game mooks can be as strong as gigantic early game monsters. Maybe the pike guys are a ridiculously high level.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Glazius posted:

I took that as Yuri's way of thanking the city cops for saving him from the tougher jerks who wanted to outright kill him.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

SweaterGear posted:

You happen to know who it was for either of the two versions?

Supposedly it's the same actor for both versions, except in japanese he goes "wan wan" which is the sound effect used for dogs over there and in english-speaking countries he goes "ruff ruff" and stuff.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Calaveron posted:

Supposedly it's the same actor for both versions, except in japanese he goes "wan wan" which is the sound effect used for dogs over there and in english-speaking countries he goes "ruff ruff" and stuff.

Huh, I never thought onomatopoeia would be that different between languages, but now that I'm thinking about it it makes a lot of sense.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

I've played so many RPGs that I don't even notice stuff like this anymore. Still, you know how RPGs work, late game mooks can be as strong as gigantic early game monsters. Maybe the pike guys are a ridiculously high level.

I think Yuri realizes the Schwann Brigade is just doing their job and aren't actually evil or anything. You fight Adeccor and Boccos like a half dozen times and do no worse than knock them out at any point.

Amidiri
Apr 26, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

Huh, I never thought onomatopoeia would be that different between languages, but now that I'm thinking about it it makes a lot of sense.

In French, dogs go 'Ouaf Ouaf'!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Solice Kirsk posted:

I've had several long discussions with Japanese friends about this. It can be really entertaining and silly. To them, cows go 'Noo' instead of 'Moo,' for instance. But some are really close, 'meow' and 'nyeow'

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Slaan posted:

I've had several long discussions with Japanese friends about this. It can be really entertaining and silly. To them, cows go 'Noo' instead of 'Moo,' for instance. But some are really close, 'meow' and 'nyeow'

It's actually more like "nyan."

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

Isn't the Japanese version of jet noises "Kyuun"?

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
I would quote the Book of General Ignorance on the subject, but I lent it.
What's most fascinating about it is that the Dogs at least SOUND different by region. In Iceland it's Voff, by the way.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Gotta say, I love that drat dog as a character.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

YamiNoSenshi posted:

I think Yuri realizes the Schwann Brigade is just doing their job and aren't actually evil or anything. You fight Adeccor and Boccos like a half dozen times and do no worse than knock them out at any point.

Yeah I realize that, I actually thought Glazius was talking about the mooks that were with Cumore. Still, you still have to wonder why he didn't just knock them out again. Stabbey's theory makes a lot of since though.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Watch the cutscene.

Please do.
Is it true that you threw a knight sent to collect the taxes into the river?
Wow, I'd forgotten about that. Was that you, Tweedle A?
That's right! I was in bed with a cold for three whole days thanks to you.
...How many more of these are there? This is getting pretty boring.
...I wonder what'll happen to me.
So, I'll write you have "no signs of remorse" in the report then...
Where's that do-nothing captain of yours, anyway? What was his name? Schwann?
Playing hooky because he's the big shot.
You dare mock our captain? Sir Schwann is a legendary hero and a veteran of the Great War ten years ago.
So basically, his eminence would never stoop so low as to deal with nobodies like us.
Quiet, I say! Quiet! Getting on to your next offense...

Alexei... What...?
All your crimes are hereby pardoned by the good graces of their Highnesses Estellise and Ioder.

The Imperial Knights thank you for rescuing Prince Ioder and protecting Princess Estellise.

The krytian woman hands Yuri a bag of money.

We've got no need for this. It's not like we did those things for the sake of the Knights.
I see.

She has just given her consent to be returned to the imperial capital.
What? ...Well, I guess she is a princess, after all.
The Princess is waiting at the inn. We would be pleased if you made an appearance.

Skit: Estelle, the Princess
I was so surprised to find out that Estelle was a princess!
I had a feeling. She knew Flynn, and she was obviously brought up as a noble...
Shut up. You knew, already.
Maybe...
Oh man...
I wonder if I was rude to her without realizing it?
(imitating a noble) Your language has been unpardonable.
Captain Karol, the sentence for insulting royalty is...
decapitation.
Been nice knowing you.
What about you?! You're way more rude than I am!
Guess it's off with both our heads, then.
What?! Th-that's...
Idiots...

This is easily one of my favorite skits in the game.

That thing in the background is another Wonder Chef, giving us a recipe for Fish with Miso Sauce.

That's all we can do in here right no, so let's head outside.

You don't have a problem with this, Yuri?
It's not my decision to make.
Well...I guess that's true, but...
More importantly, where are we?

It was only just recently built. It's still a very new town. If you follow this road to the east you'll hit Caer Bocram, where we were earlier. Cut through the west and go to the northwest to reach Dahngrest.
I see...well, maybe I'll have a look around the town a bit.
...I've got my own business to attend to.
Hmmm, what to do...

Heliord is split into two sections: The upper part you see here, and a lower part below. We can't go there right now, since a Knight prevents us from entering the only lift that goes there.

Generally, the situation here seems weird.

Get enough points and you too can become nobility!

By talking to the NPCs, we can learn that common people work around here to become nobles, but something seems shady about it.

However, there's nothing we can do about that right now. In front of the Inn we can find Flynn and Ioder.

Yuri, please watch your speech in front of His Royal Highness. You could at least show due courtesy to the gracious pardoner of your crimes.
It's okay, Flynn. Miss Estellise and I acted of our own volition.
You've already heard about Princess Estellise then, I see.
Yeah, I heard.
Yuri, I thought that traveling with you would be to Her Highness' own benefit, but...

That's not very convincing, coming from you.
Haha, I apologize. But now especially, it's undesirable for the royal family's concerns to be brought into the public eye.
Concerns? You mean whether you or the Princess is next in line for the imperial throne?

Your Highness!
There's no use hiding any details from him when he already knows so much. The Imperial Knights are backing my own ascension to the throne. Meanwhile, Miss Estellise has the support of the Council.
She's a princess, after all.
Yes, her relation may be a distant one, but she's unmistakably of royal blood.
That's gotta be tough for the Knights, too. Even if she's the rival of their candidate for the throne, it's not like they can just stop protecting the Princess, is it?
Yuri, this matter is...
I don't know anyone odd enough to be interested in information like this.
Well, I'm going to go drop by Estelle's place, and then I'm gonna take a load off at the inn. Thanks for the chat.

Intriguing. But before we can enter the inn, we're stopped by our two favorite goofballs.

Watch the (unvoiced) cutscene/battle!

Don't call us that!
Something I can help you two with?
Even if you have a direct pardon from His Highness Ioder, I say, that does not change the fact that you committed crimes against the empire!
As members of the Imperial Knights, our honor will not allow us to simply let that slide!

If you beat us, we'll recognize you as innocent of your crimes!
Don't make claims you can't back up. Since when did you two have the authority to forgive people their crimes?
Regardless, we must battle!
Battle!
...If that's what it takes to make you happy, I guess I can humor you.
Excellent! Come with us!

Kiss your freedom goodbye, for it ends today!
I say, prepare to face the Imperial Knights' ultimate fighting technique: the burst arte!
Again, you're claiming regular techniques as your own... That doesn't belong to the Knights!
I say, be quiet!
The Burst Arte, huh... I've heard of it before, but...
You don't know how it's done? You fool!
I say, we shall show you! But before that happens, you'll be reduced to no more than a worthless caterpillar crawling on the ground!

Maybe it has something to do with Over Limit...
Go! Show him how it's done, Adecor!

The arcane arte of the Imperial Knights!

It didn't hit him! What are you doing?!
Huh. Burst artes can be linked from an arcane arte. I wonder if I could imitate that...
Ha, there's no way an amateur could do something like that, I say!
...And now, Over Limit...!

Wah, be careful! Yuri Lowell's going to attack!
Arcane arte...!

Ngaaah! Burst arte!
I say, what a terrible turn of events!!

Burst Artes! Burst Artes are a new mechanic that can more-or-less be explained as a "mini Mystic Arte". To activate it, you need to be in Over Limit, use an Arcane arte (or high level spell), then keep the Arte button held until the Burst Arte activates. They're decently powerful attacks that are certainly worth using if you find yourself in Over Limit. If time allows, you can even do multiple Burst Artes in a single Over Limit!

With this, we have basically unlocked the whole battle system to us, except of course for changes/improvements induced by Skills or Items.

Fun fact, if Yuri doesn't have any Arcane Arte at this point, he apparently learns Crushing Eagle; I found this in the text dump below the above scene, at least.

code:
[Yuri] ...I don't actually know any of those, but how about this?!
[Information] Yuri learned the arcane arte Crushing Eagle.
Now, let's move on to the actual battle at hand.

This battle is actually surprisingly tough! Believe it or not, I got several Game Overs here the first time I played this game.

Their basic attack repertoire remains the same as in previous battles, with the addition of them being able to use their own Burst Artes during Over Limit:

Apart from that, they're the same as ever, just stronger and thus more annoying, especially since you're alone. Nothing some skill or some items can't solve, though.

I guess I'll hurry back to the inn...

The same building as the inn also houses an item shop, although I don't get much there right now because my party is lacking people (and thus references to compare stats/skills to). I do synthesize some Glasses for Estelle though; guess I'll put those on sometime soon:

Estelle, however, is currently not available for talking.

Guess we'll rest ourselves then. We meet Karol and Rita at the inn counter.

She seems to be asleep already. She must have been exhausted today. I didn't want to wake her up. We can still talk tomorrow.
Right. Why don't we all return to our rooms then.

And that's it for now. Next time, we'll see some exciting stuff happening in Heliord!

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jun 5, 2016

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
You think the battle is hard as is? Try it without items. :suicide:

I was in Unknown. :)

Senerio fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jul 31, 2011

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

If nothing else, everybody should watch that skit. The voice acting is amazing!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Senerio posted:

Yeah, the first time I ran into this battle, I'd run out of healing items thanks to the boss fight basically immediately prior.

That wasn't fun.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
You neglected to mention that the level of Over Limit you're using determines how strong the Burst Arte is! :eng101:

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

(psst we don't actually have over limit levels apart from 1 yet)

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
That skit was amazing. I'm really glad the skits are voice acted, because that line about capital punishment wouldn't be as good otherwise.

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

A real avatar never dies, even when it's replaced!

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

(psst we don't actually have over limit levels apart from 1 yet)

I think that would be obvious, but he is "Spazmaster" after all :v:

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Senerio posted:

Have fun on Unknown Mode. My run of it (almost to the end of the second phase of the game) has been almost nothing but pain, and this battle was kind enough to give me my first Game Over on the run.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Huh. I remember downloading and trying the demo of this during a desperate search for RPGs for the 360. I might give it a try when I have some more funds available, this is looking kinda fun. Yuri is such a dick :3: I can't help but like him.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like that the reoccurring cannon fodder battles also serve as tutorials.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

Glazius posted:

I like that the reoccurring cannon fodder battles also serve as tutorials.

Chrono Cross did the same thing with Solt and Peppor, who these two really remind me of.

I think the team may have used Chrono Cross as a inspiration for the Tweedles.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Solaris Knight posted:

Chrono Cross did the same thing with Solt and Peppor, who these two really remind me of.

I think the team may have used Chrono Cross as a inspiration for the Tweedles.

In fact, I believe it's the exact same concept, just with a few tweaks.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I really, really hate the fact that there's no US release of the PS3 version, given that I'm not inclined to plop down a couple hundred for a console I'm otherwise uninterested in. Which is strange because I didn't like Abyss all that much and scarcely remember a thing about Destiny.

The Yuri and Flynn dynamic looks interesting and probably won't collapse spectacularly in on itself the way that a similar dynamic in a certain anime did.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
It's funny because... whichever one of those two drat knights it is... actually says "I say, AAAAAAARGH!" when going into overlimit.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I really, really hate the fact that there's no US release of the PS3 version, given that I'm not inclined to plop down a couple hundred for a console I'm otherwise uninterested in. Which is strange because I didn't like Abyss all that much and scarcely remember a thing about Destiny.

I think it's a miracle that we got the game at all; the Tales Of series is pretty random when it comes to American releases. We get Destiny, but not the sequel. We get Legendia, but not Rebirth...

If we don't get Xillia, I'm going to be pissed, considering the main character looks to be another in the vein of Yuri, and while I'd normally be mad about the same series reusing the same characters, the world needs more of Yuri.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.
NamcoBandai did say we're getting Tales of Graces F, though that was months ago. While getting the updated release is nice, we didn't get Hearts after Vesperia, and we didn't get Innocence after Abyss. I'm hoping it doesn't go the same way for Xillia after Graces.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

The next day...

What's the matter, Repede?
Do you guys hear a strange sound?
Now that you mention it, yeah...

I can't!
Commandant Alexei is there, isn't he? He should be able to take care of it.
Rita, if we let you go out on your own, it'll just be another repeat of Ehmead Hill.
Well, if you want, we could at least let Flynn know about it.

Before searching for Flynn, I buy two weapons:

Item Thrower: Allows usage of recovery items on other party members.
Axes Up: Increases attack power when an axe is equipped.

Critical Magic: Allows Magic to deal critical hits.

Skit: The Interrogation
It's been a while since the Imperial Knights have interrogated me... Forgot how tiring it was.
Even the Princess and His Highness Ioder got involved.
Woof!
And two captains and the Commandant. And with Flynn here, too, they're leaving the capital totally defenseless.
Pretty sloppy work...

Next stop is the blastia in the middle of town, where we meet up with Estelle.

Estelle!
After all, I've heard that the Imperial Knights have made some repairs on the blastia here.
Give the Knights some credit for once, will you?
Please, Rita.
...All right then.
(to Estelle) It's okay for you to be wandering around like this?
Yes... But can I stay with you until it's time to return to Zaphias?
I don't mind at all.

Skit: The Hunting Blades and the Monster
What do you think that scary monster we saw in Caer Bocram was?
That beast was way tougher than anything I've ever seen before.
If it didn't run away when it did, we'd have been in a world of hurt.
That's a surprisingly cautious opinion, coming from you.
Not that I disagree, when it comes to a monster like that.
Do you think it was the Hunting Blades who trapped it in a reverse barrier?
...Yeah, probably... It looked like they'd come to take that monster down.
Whatever the case, I don't want to meet up with a monster like that again.

Since we can't investigate the blastia ourselves, let's at least inform Flynn about it.

You came all the way here because you were worried about that? As always, Yuri, you can't leave well enough alone if you see anything amiss.
Hey, it's not me! She was the one that--

This blastia is currently in a state of repair. I'm sorry, but I cannot allow you to examine it.
Why!

Suddenly, the ground is shaking.

What was that vibration?

Maybe something's happened to the blastia!
Let's get outta here!
Your Highness, you must stay here!

We rush outside, just in time to catch up to Rita.

Watch the cutscene!

Let me go! I can't just leave him like this!

And what about you?!

The ground shakes again, causing Yuri and Rita to lose their balance. Rita quickly gets back up and runs to the blastia.

Dammit! That girl's blastia crazy!

You'll be just like new!

Yes, sir.
The aer is completely out of control. There's no telling what it will do.
...No! The flow of aer has outstripped his capacity. At this rate, it'll either swallow the city or even explode.
Man A: E-explode? Did you hear that?!
Man B: Everybody, get out of here! Hurry!

Princess?!

What is she--?!

...Estellise...

An explosion. Rita and Estelle get knocked onto the ground.

...*Huff* ...Please... Get a room ready...for Rita...
Do you even hear what you're saying? You're just as worn out as she is.
Prepare rooms at once! I'll take her there myself.

Yuri decides to check up on Karol.

Y-yeah...
Come on, we're going too.

Someone knocks on the door.

...C-come in.

You can't keep using your healing artes on her forever, Estelle. Come on, let's let her rest for now.
Yes...
I can't believe she had to go and do something like that.
Yes. Once Rita chooses to do something, she won't listen to anyone else...
You're one to talk! You were just as bad as she was.
...I'm sorry.
I'm going to stay here. You should go rest. Aren't you tired from using your healing artes so much?

And so can you, if you spend enough time looking for it. But you need to go and get some sleep now.
No, I'm fine. Yuri, you should get some sleep, yourself.
Flynn will get mad at me if you pass out.
So let him get mad at you.

I can't ask you to take my place if I've already collapsed, can I?

Yuri sighs, then leaves the room. In the Inn's corridor, he finds Karol.

Watch the cutscene!

After what happened when you first met me, and at Caer Bocram, and today...
I think everyone freaked out today. Even the great Commandant was pretty in over his head. There are lots of things even grown-ups can't do.
Even you, Yuri?
Yeah. I guess so. It's a tough world.
Now you got the idea.
...Hey, Yuri?
Hmm?

A guild, huh... Yeah, that's an idea. I'll think about it.
R-really?!
What, you're surprised?
I thought you'd say "No way! I've been in enough messes already!" or something.
Not all adults think like that, you know. Anyway, it's late. Let's get some rest and see how she's doing in the morning.

Checking back on Estelle and Rita...

Watch the cutscene! (recommended)

Glad to see you're awake.

You didn't think she'd really listen to you, did you?
Uuh...
...Heh, she looks happy.

I just didn't think you were the kind of person who cared what other people thought.
F-forget it. You can go now.
Compared to those formulas of yours, she should be easy to figure out.

But be careful! It's just when you think you've recovered that you're in the most danger.
It's all right, I'm fine.

I... What do you mean?
It's pretty cool that you can use healing artes without a blastia.

What the?
Hey, it's that dragon freak!

Don't you ever learn...?

The Dragon Rider flies away.

W-What was that thing?
Just when the conversation was getting interesting.

Fine by me. I've pretty much figured it out, anyway.
Don't look at me like that. Do I really look like that much of a bad guy to you?
Yes.
...Heh heh heh.
...Hey wait. What's going on you guys? Come on, tell me!

The next morning...

Watch the cutscene!

Okay.
Do you have everything? Wouldn't want to have to come back later.
If I forget anything, you'll bring it to me, won't you, Yuri?
Hah, yeah right. Okay, let's go find Flynn. I'll take you that far.
U-um, what are you all going to do after this?
Hmm. Well we did lose track of the Blood Alliance...

Man, if I go back there now, they'll all just laugh at me...
Dahngrest? That's the guild city, right?
Y-yeah. I thought we could find out about the Blood Alliance there...
What direction is it from here?
Well, it's to the west I guess, but...
Let's check it out, then. Might be helpful for anybody thinking of starting a guild, too.

Flynn, however, doesn't seem to be around anymore. After a quick search...

Watch the cutscene!

Does that mean you're staying with us for now?
Well, I... Would that be all right?
Karol, don't fill the princess's head with ideas.

Flynn has already set out to tend to other business. Now then. Rita Mordio, we would like you to investigate yesterday's blastia malfunction.

No, we would ask that you go to the forest of Keiv Moc.
...Keiv Moc, huh? Oh yeah, the plants affected by the disaster here look just like the ones in that forest.
We have reports of tree mutations and of monsters increasing in both number and aggressiveness. Messengers have gone to the capital, but much time will be wasted finding a gifted mage.
I specialize in blastia. Plants are out of my league.
Consider their connection to the aer. I imagine that is within your league.

What do you mean?
You are a researcher in an imperial blastia laboratory. You must undertake the tasks assigned to you.
Um... Then there should be no problem if I accompany her to the forest, right?

If this does have something to do with aer, then my healing artes would prove useful.
Yes, they would...
Please, Alexei! Let me do my part to help.
Your Highness, I simply cannot allow you to go to such a dangerous forest.
Well, what if...

Me?
If Yuri were to come, you wouldn't be worried right?
Young man, please escort the Princess. I ask this of you only because you once sought to join the Imperial Knights.
...Of all the underhanded... I didn't ask anybody to count on me. You're pushing me into this.
It seems I can take that reply as indication of your agreement.

Very well.
Your Excellency...

Huh? He did what?
He left this message for you: "Take care of Her Highness."
All right then, it's the forest of Keiv Moc by way of Dahngrest!

Skit: Alexei
I'm glad that Commandant Alexei turned out to be so reasonable.
Yeah, I thought he'd be more of a stubborn jerk myself.
Had you met him before, Yuri?
I knew him, but I doubt he knew me.
I was barely in the Knights for any time at all, really.
What sort of person is he, I wonder?
He can be very formal at times. But in a way, he's something of a symbol for the Knights. Many who are in the Knights now were inspired to join by Alexei's example.
Heh. One thing's clear. I don't have much in common with him.

Well that was a bunch of plot. Next time: Sidequests!

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 9, 2016

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
That Endless Heart and its eventual upgrade are kind of a dick move the same way Karolian Hammer is, since if you don't buy it in time, you won't be able to later when the shop changes its inventory for whatever reason. Don't recall exactly when that is though.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

So based off of the fact that Rita referred to the Blastia as "he", I'm going to assume that Blastia are not simple tools but instead have a Consciousness and free will. Perhaps even more than just that, hmmm? What are you keeping from us, Rita?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Hmm, the way the game presents it, I think it's pretty unclear if blastia are alive, or that Rita referring to them as "he" is merely an eccentricity.

But yeah, a lot of plot. Also a lot of being nice from pretty much everybody. Rita's almost civil to Estelle, Yuri and Carol share a nice moment free of di9ckishness, and Alexei turns out to be the complete opposite of virtyually every other authority figure presented thus far. Heck, even Mysterious Dragon Rider just kind of gave up and flew away without blowing something up. Is it this world's version of National Brotherhood Week now?

• Locked thread