Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

You know it :pervert:

https://spideroak.com/download/referral/7688c75b21be7901dd5bd98aa1a40f81

e: someone used my referral link two times, and now I have 8 GB. Thanks, Internet (I also posted it on FB)! :allears:

brylcreem fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jun 21, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pantsmaster Bill posted:

How can I tell if a link has been used or not?

It doesn't matter, the owner just gets more delicious GBs, up to 50.

That being said: https://spideroak.com/download/referral/7688c75b21be7901dd5bd98aa1a40f81

:dance:

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Thank you, goon sir.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

slovach posted:

Is it me or is the client the shittiest thing in the world.

It literally just freezes for 5-10 seconds every time I click a single thing in back-up at all. The client is so loving unresponsive it's incredible. I just want to make a folder like dropbox and put things in it. :( One of it's processes just sits and eats an entire core and nothing works, it's been scanning DIRT 3 files for like the last 20 minutes.

Go in preferences, and check "Disable disk space calculations during backup selection".

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

It's not just you, but I don't know what it is. Anecdote time!

I installed the client on two PCs running XP. It works silky smooth on one, but has that annoying 5-10 second lag in the backup tab on the other. Settings are the same on both.

Here's the odd thing -- while the slow machine chugs, there is no disk access and Task Manager shows *no additional CPU utilization*.

The solution is on *this very page*.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

slovach posted:

I already did that before you even suggested it and it didn't work. :(

Sucks. Well, then I'm outta ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Sounds like it's working exactly as intended.

• Locked thread