Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

Killer robot posted:

That was for Morbo, who was supposed to have an inhumanly deep, digitally altered voice, but then he just ended up doing it naturally.

Who sounds NOTHING AT ALL like Lrr or Horrible Gelatinous Blob.

That's a running gag in most of the commentaries featuring Maurice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I would love for them to have those three characters in a scene interacting with each other, even for a brief second.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Cardboard Box posted:

I would love for them to have those three characters in a scene interacting with each other, even for a brief second.

Family Guy did it, I think. With the Doctor and Lois' dad, or something.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

sebzilla posted:

Yes, but unlike FG, where Seth used the same voice for those two, Lrr, Morbo, and HGB are different voices...HGB's more so, but Lrr and Morbo are a bit different, too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Simpsons did it with all of Jon Lovitz' characters once too, I recall.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jerusalem posted:

Simpsons did it with all of Jon Lovitz' characters once too, I recall.

Yep they were all in an insane asylum. Also at a bar

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

sebzilla posted:

I wouldn't know. I stopped watching Family Guy shortly after I realized its revival was a total mistake.

Klithjester
Oct 15, 2005
I just finished watching the latest episode of Futurama. And to be honest, I'm crushed. I have no complaint about the content of the show. I enjoyed every single minute. Every single minute I got to watch. With seconds left of the episode, at the climax of the emotional build of the story, it just ends. I am greeted by a screen taunting me with three options: Save, Delete, Back.

To hell with you Time Warner Cable or Comedy Central. Which ever one of you is responsible, whether intentionally or not, or both of you, you're a mean company/corporation/person.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It's comedy central. Their timings have been horrible all season.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

It was a good episode, agree with the people saying that the ending didn't quite fit though. As a standalone episode great, but feels like it was missing a final writing pass to pull everything together just that little bit tighter.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!

Jerusalem posted:

I can't remember which voice actor it was, but on one of the commentaries they mentioned that they digitally lowered his voice much deeper but didn't actually tell him. When he came in to do the same character for another episode, he did the voice just as deep as it had been after digital enhancement, because he'd heard it, thought that was how he did it originally, and made his voice change to match :psyduck:

The most frightening story of this is Billy West doing the voice of some pulsating star character that essentially requires two separate noises to come out of his mouth simultaneously while doing dialogue. No separate takes or mixing involved. It's just all him.

They also explain during the commentaries that they were racking their brains trying to fix a humming noise happening during recording, which they assumed was from the audio equipment. Turns out, it was Billy West's vocal chords causing the problem.

Farnk
Apr 7, 2003

Martytoof posted:

New series voices sound a little more exaggerated than they used to be, to me at least. Almost hammed up for the part. I'm not saying they didn't ham it up in the original run, but more than the sound of the voice it feels like they changed the delivery and attitude just slightly. Enough for me to notice. I mean, opinion can differ, but that's how I see... er.. hear it.

I notice this most in Fry, Farnsworth, and Bender.

Ding, I noticed it also, mostly in Bender but also in Fry and Farnsworth, it's horrible, although it's gotten a lot better this season than the last.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

AKA Driver posted:

The most frightening story of this is Billy West doing the voice of some pulsating star character that essentially requires two separate noises to come out of his mouth simultaneously while doing dialogue. No separate takes or mixing involved. It's just all him.

They also explain during the commentaries that they were racking their brains trying to fix a humming noise happening during recording, which they assumed was from the audio equipment. Turns out, it was Billy West's vocal chords causing the problem.

He also did, my himself, Zoidberg crying in "Kiff Gets Knocked up a Notch."

And him and John DiMaggio did, again all by themselves, the "barbeque's over" sound the Martians make.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Martytoof posted:

Yeah, I didn't mean for it to sound like the third act completely put me off the episode altogether or that it was some sort of horrible episode, I just didn't think the ending fit all that well. Personal opinions though :)
I didn't think you were and sorry if my comment came off that way. I agree that the ending felt rushed or just not as well paced as it could have been. Just enjoyed the episode for those reasons I stated and I guess that could imply those who didn't were ungrateful or expecting too much which isn't fair.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Martytoof posted:

New series voices sound a little more exaggerated than they used to be, to me at least. Almost hammed up for the part. I'm not saying they didn't ham it up in the original run, but more than the sound of the voice it feels like they changed the delivery and attitude just slightly. Enough for me to notice. I mean, opinion can differ, but that's how I see... er.. hear it.

I notice this most in Fry, Farnsworth, and Bender.

Zoidberg and Hermes sound the most consistent to me. Leela is fine, and I don't really pay that much attention to Amy so whatevs :3:

Most likely it's because they forgot how exactly to do the voices during the Dark Ages.

When the movies were made they had to go back and watch how they did them, and of course you're never going to get it exactly the same.

Leela's stays consistent because it's just Katey Sagal's real voice, and some like Cubert stay the same because Kath Soucie is terrible and uses the same voice for everything.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Farnk posted:

Ding, I noticed it also, mostly in Bender but also in Fry and Farnsworth, it's horrible, although it's gotten a lot better this season than the last.

"Horrible"? You're really exaggerating.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Aphrodite posted:

Leela's stays consistent because it's just Katey Sagal's real voice, and some like Cubert stay the same because Kath Soucie is terrible and uses the same voice for everything.

I guess she's lucky she can do two interesting voices because the only two voices she can do are Lil DeVille and Phil DeVille.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Cojawfee posted:

I guess she's lucky she can do two interesting voices because the only two voices she can do are Lil DeVille and Phil DeVille.

loving' a, that's who Cubert sounds like.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
The seven-leaf clover is what led Fry to find out about the science fair, which is the reason he was able to save the entire island of Manhattan in 3011.

That is one lucky clover.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Liar posted:

Buzz Aldrin ran over my guinea pig in the parking lot.

I haven't felt much of anything since my guinea pig died. :smith:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

TequilaJesus posted:

Friends, help! A guinea pig tricked me!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

TequilaJesus posted:

That line always cracks me up. It comes completely out of nowhere.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Sweet guinea pig of Winnipeg!

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

sebzilla posted:

"Guinee pig in space"

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

For some reason the line "you are an evil evil nerd" made me laugh really hard, Fry says the best things.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Wait, that's not me!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

sebzilla posted:

Not your strong suit sebzilla.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

ChesterJT posted:

On it's way today. 2-day shipping so maybe Monday!

Received it yesterday, thank you so much! My wife was at a loss for words and said it was, by far, the nerdiest thing I have ever purchased. I struggled to disagree with her.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

KFCB posted:

Received it yesterday, thank you so much! My wife was at a loss for words and said it was, by far, the nerdiest thing I have ever purchased. I struggled to disagree with her.
Yeah but did you throw it on the ground, stomp on it, and say, "AW DANGIT!"?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
But. Pa. I. Love. Him.

kangal
Mar 16, 2003

Pissed off at numbers.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

But. Pa. I. Love. Him.

Had to come back for the Crushinator, didn't ya One Year???

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

kangal posted:

Don't hurt the robit, he's my best friend.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
So are you and the ship an item? I mean, I know you're both items, but...

How can you date a ship, anyway?

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down

superjew posted:

So are you and the ship an item? I mean, I know you're both items, but...

How can you date a ship, anyway?

I'm 30% item!

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

kangal posted:

A lady that fine you gotta romance first!

whiteshark12
Oct 21, 2010

How that gun even works underwater I don't know, but I bet the answer is magic.

fruitpunch posted:

I'm 30% item!

By this point I can remember him being 40% Chromium, 30% Titanium, and 40% Dolomite. 100% of Bender is 110% of metals :psyduck:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

whiteshark12 posted:

By this point I can remember him being 40% Chromium, 30% Titanium, and 40% Dolomite. 100% of Bender is 110% of metals :psyduck:

Several other things too. The commentaries mention a few times how Bender is way more than 100%. Or says he is anyway.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
I like that he's always 40% something, except once when he offered his complementary 60% storage space.

So clearly he's just constantly buying and selling his body to take advantage of market fluctuations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Whenever Bender claims to be made of something, he says it's 40% of him, and he's said it way more times than those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

haveblue posted:

Whenever Bender claims to be made of something, he says it's 40% of him, and he's said it way more times than those.

He's said 30%, too, at least once..."30% Iron Chef."

Plus, in "A Pharaoh to Remember," the professor states a standard bending unit is made from a iron/osmium alloy, but Bender was special...he had a .04% nickle impurity.

So we got 40% zinc (Amy suggest he take zinc for his cold, and he says this,) 30% iron, 40% titanium, 40% dolomite, 40% chromium, .04% nickle impurity, plus some unknown amount of osmium...60% storage space, though I guess that doesn't have to be added to anything...he's also 40% scrap metal, though any metal can be considered scrap metal, so eh.

• Locked thread