Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
The Other Rock Guy was a magic rock guy, not a teleporter. They're completely different things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
And you know whose wife he can't not have sex with? The Mayor.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe
I thought the recycling part was funny and clever.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe

Sieg posted:

Bite my shiny metal rear end. :colbert:

I demand a gif of the line graph increasing.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe

Martytoof posted:

Though again, like every episode it had its moments.

As your vice president, I order you to steal that tree.

I really hope Cheney stays vice president. That would make it all worthwhile

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe

LooseChanj posted:

Whatever happened to Agnew's body?

Watch Into the Wild Green Yonder again

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe
You really liked the holiday special songs more than the ones in Bender's Big Score? I can't even hum a few bars of any of the holiday songs. They were completely unmemorable.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe

KFCB posted:

Self-aware jokes like Fry's "Time to lower my guard even for a minute" annoy me way more than something like "Obamacare!! :shakefist:" I see the comedic value in the Obamacare line, although I think there are more clever ways to do it but what is supposed to be funny about Fry's line? That we know it is not safe to lower his guard even for a minute? WELL I WAS NOT LAUGHING :rant:

He still sounds sorta old. Sorta real old.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe
Why in "I Second That Emotion" is Amy concerned she's not as smart as Leela? She's a Ph.D. student in some sort of fancy physics discipline to Leela being some sort of interstellar truck driver. After seeing Amy become Dr. Wong this season, that line back in season two seems out of place.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe

thebardyspoon posted:

Wasn't it actually Fry who was worried that he wasn't as smart as Leela but at the same time being glad that he's prettier than her? Amy was just covering for him?

I interpreted that as them both thinking more or less the same thing

But I like your version! Then she gets to keep being really smart but clumsy and slutty

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe

KFCB posted:

Wasn't he already an Executive Delivery Boy?

Yeah but Morgan Proctor fired him after that and he was rehired at severely reduced pay and presumably no longer an executive.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe
On my second viewing, I noticed that URL has Hattie's "Last Will & Watchacallit"

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe
Not a great episode. But a Dora the Destroyer avatar or wallpaper would be cool.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe
And another Hermes pot joke. I didn't notice it until this thread (ruined it for me) that they're really pushing that harder than ever before.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe
On a second viewing, I noticed a Joy Luck Club joke from a character voiced by Lauren Tom.

That's referential and funny.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe

mobo85 posted:

Congratulations to Futurama on its two Creative Arts Emmy wins:

Outstanding Animated Program
"The Late Philip J. Fry"
Written by Lewis Morton
Directed by Peter Avanzino

Outstanding Voice-Over Performance
Maurice LaMarche
as "Lrrr" and "Orson Welles"
"Lrrreconcilable Ndndifferences"
(This is LaMarche's first-ever Emmy, having been previously nominated for Pinky and the Brain)

Huzzahs are in order!

Getting a couple Emmies is good, right? Did Futurama ever win one before?

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe

RillAkBea posted:

Zoidberg said 'haiwa no dansu' which should have been heiwa. :colbert:

It's completely different in Ja-ENGLISH

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think we're all quoted out.

Could we talk about something else?

How about that Futurama?

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe
I live in Hong Kong (a city that bears some resemblance to a crowded penguin habitat), and while I was browsing my local media outlet, I found all the Futurama movies will official Cantonese subtitles. I had previously only been able to find fansubs online made for a mainland Chinese audience.

Since they were region 3, and because the other ones aren't as good, I only bought Bender's Big Score to take it home and test it on my PS3. It works! There are some big differences with the fansubs, including that they've named Bender 傻幾 (Foolish Machine) and Zoidberg 龍蝦醫生 (Doctor Lobster). Amy's official Chinese name is 黃雅美, Huang Yamei in Mandarin and Wong Ngamei in Cantonese.

Too bad they haven't released any of the series in Chinese though. Still have to use low-quality streaming fansubs to share those with my English-impaired friends.

Deep State of Mind fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Nov 28, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe

MildShow posted:

We learned many things from the mighty Egyptians, such as pyramid building, space travel, and how to prepare our dead so as to scare Abbott and Costello

I think I saw this episode five times before I noticed that it was the Egyptians who taught the aliens how to do things. Then I laughed a lot.

• Locked thread