Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Self-aware jokes like Fry's "Time to lower my guard even for a minute" annoy me way more than something like "Obamacare!! :shakefist:" I see the comedic value in the Obamacare line, although I think there are more clever ways to do it but what is supposed to be funny about Fry's line? That we know it is not safe to lower his guard even for a minute? WELL I WAS NOT LAUGHING :rant:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Holy poo poo a Schrödinger's cat joke.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
And now Minority Report. Awesome.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Congratulations on your big bust.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Wasn't he already an Executive Delivery Boy?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
SOMEONE SAID ANTIQUING

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Senor Tron posted:

This is probably as good a place as any to ask, but what is the deal with Matt Groenings signature always appearing on official Simpsons and Futurama images?

Groening has a very unique deal with Fox that gives him final say on that kind of stuff for his shows. He literally signs off on every piece of merchandise/imagery for those shows.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

abraxas posted:

This is my thought process following your link: "$60 unframed.. not too bad, wish I wasn't moving in a week with zero disposable income. Hmm, I wonder how much it is framed... +$225? Oh yeah, okay.. that seems reasonable! Who wouldn't pay almost 4 times as much for a frame than the picture costs itself?"

gently caress these money grubbing assholes.. are they framing it in a handcrafted platinum frame made by Groening himself or something? I really hate overpriced merchandise I really want but will never own :(

The $225 is not moneygrubbing per say because decent matting and framing is expensive in general most as a result of the cost of raw materials and then the time it takes to do a good job framing that will hold up well.

What would make it money grubbing is if they are just throwing it in some poo poo Ikea frame and shipping off. That would piss me off if I paid that kind of money and get a cheap fiber board frame with plastic instead of glass and a flimsy matte.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Cryptic Edge posted:

My mom used to frame pictures and poo poo for people, and the framing was never less than $600 as it's a pain in the rear end and the materials are very expensive if you want it to look good and hold up for years.

She would often frame things in frames that were at least double what it would cost for the item itself, and some of her frames ran in the $5000+ range because the wood/matting/glass were a special set.

I think what was often overlooked is that proper framing isn't just about displaying artwork but preserving it as well.

But it possible that that website is just expecting a bunch of Futurama fans to see a bad rear end silk screening and just telling them SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Sugar Blaster posted:

It's like, his sole reason for existing

No, existing is basically all he does.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Did the animation seem a bit funky to anyone, particularly young Zoidberg? Like... kind of rubberbandy.

Awesome episode regardless.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Ensign_Ricky posted:

'course it's shank or be shanked.

:qq: Of course.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I will gladly take that hat for shipping.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

ChesterJT posted:

You first! Assuming you're in the US and not up in Alaska or Hawaii or something I would imagine $5 would do it? Unless you want overnight speedy delivery instead of regular US mail. Paypal to jtimmons0 at gmail dot com and I'll box it up tonight and send it out tomorrow.

PayPal thought I hit "Send Money" before I completed the address. The City/State/Zip is Minneapolis, MN 55410

Thanks dude!

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

ChesterJT posted:

On it's way today. 2-day shipping so maybe Monday!

Received it yesterday, thank you so much! My wife was at a loss for words and said it was, by far, the nerdiest thing I have ever purchased. I struggled to disagree with her.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
The ship flying to the diamond in the old-timey segment would make an awesome perfect loop avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Couldn't stop laughing at this last night:

Can we have Bender Burgers again?
No! The cat shelter's on to me.

• Locked thread