Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Wait, in the first episode Leela said they should form an airline because teleporters wouldn't be invented for another 15 years, but last season we saw the Professor had made a teleporter gun like it was nothing special.

My immersion!

:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

DrBouvenstein posted:

You could just fan-wank it away by saying that was only a local transporter, only moving things a few yards, not inter-stellar.

Apart from at the end when Fry was transported from White Planes to the Planet Express building in the middle of New New York :colbert:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
My opinion first turned south when the robot devil started singing his original 'ironic punishment' song. What, they couldn't come up with a couple of bars of original music and half a verse to play before Bender cut him off?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Had a loving blast watching that episode and I know it's going to be one I enjoy coming back to in the future.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Maybe if I was a writer, then I would have found the last episode funnier. As it is, I can appreciate what they did with the story, but it just left me :stare:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I know it was an 's', I've just never understood why old documents used both 's' and 'ſ'

Congreſs? Now they're just loving with me.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Senor Tron posted:

That rube goldberg mercy killing machine is even funnier when you consider how widespread suicide booths are. It initially seemed a bit out of place to me until I realised that the Professor probably would want to be killed by something as unnecessarily complicated as possible.

Actually the suicide machine concept from this episode has a real world basis. I can't remember the specifics, but there was a woman with a terminal illness who wanted to die, but the law wouldn't let her. So her family and closest friends designed, built and then activated a machine to end her life.

The idea was that each individual person only took part in a small fraction of the process, that way nobody could be charged with murder.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
More proof that Futurama is the nerdiest of shows:

Remember the brief shot in the latest episode when Fry goes over Niagara Falls in a cask, bounces off some rocks then goes through a tunnel underneath the falls into a massive room?

That tunnel is a real thing.

Built in 1906, it was the largest redbrick tunnel in the world.

Built 8 stories beneath the Toronto Power Generating Station, it runs all the way to the falls.

The only reason I know this is because, a few years ago, a group of crazy urban explorers broke into the old power house. They found their way to the massive shaft, descended on ropes to the bottom and took these photos:

Niagara from behind

More links to the crazy people :black101::

http://www.adventuretwo.net/stories/confluence-the-giant-in-the-mist

http://www.sleepycity.net/posts/67/DIY_Supervillain_Hideout

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I loved watching anime Bender transform into a larger himself.

Monicro posted:

Huh? No, at the end of the Steamboat Willie segment Bender does the Looney Toons "That's All Folks!" thing, except he says "That's all you get, jerks!" instead.

Great, they cut that bit out on my feed :argh:

I thought the intro was cut down where the god galaxy said, "So the next time you see a lowly salamander, it might be-" and then cut straight to the first part. Now I see that he not only had another line, but they cut off the end of his "it might be you", too.

Goddamn it, cutting out jokes to fit in a few extra seconds of ads :argh: :argh:

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Sep 11, 2011

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
With thanks to forums user Barometer.

From the funny pictures thread - Cointe Observatory.

• Locked thread