Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

SlothfulCobra posted:

Did anyone notice the professor's girlfriend from the episode with the tax rebate just hanging out in the background? She wasn't doing anything, she was just kinda...there. It was weird.
Also, she was skinny in this episode (recall that in the tax rebate episode she was actually morbidly obese).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

haveblue posted:

Did she have her navel ring in?
Hmm, I don't remember.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

DirtyRobot posted:

The problem with a lot of topical jokes is that they aren't actually jokes, even though they're played as if they are. Like, Bender screaming "OBAMACARE!!!" is played like a punchline of some sort, but it's not, really. It's just Bender referencing a thing that exists. That's not funny.
Actually, it is a joke about how "Obamacare" is a huge bogeyman for conservatives. Whether it's a funny joke or not is up to the viewer; I personally thought it was pretty funny. I was actually surprised by the mixed reactions here to the newest episode, because I thought it was great and easily the best of the three new ones so far.

Also, I recently watched all of the last half-season's episodes except for the holiday one (which I didn't care for at all on the first viewing) and the EyePhone one is the only one I'd say I actually disliked. That's not because it was too topical; it was just kind of obnoxious and not very funny minus a few good lines.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

sassassin posted:

I thought this last episode was a lot worse than the Leela kids show one.
Agreeing with this. I thought the Leela episode was middle-of-the-pack for the current season. Last week's episode was one of my least favorites of the whole series. It just seemed to lack the cleverness that Futurama usually has.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

This is pretty cool, it's not often that something lasts this long without somebody succeeding in spoiling the fun in an attempt to be edgy and cool. Check out the likes/dislikes on this Neutral Leader Declaration.
Reminds me of the average rating for this Sporcle quiz. :haw:

• Locked thread