Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
I just re-watched Benderama and laughed really hard at Fry lamenting his hangover by comparing it to having a "head full of Dig-Dugs."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I've mentioned it before, but I love that even though Fry knows that he is in the future, knows that there are aliens, knows that aliens live on earth etc.... he still thinks of Morbo as "The TV Monster."
Similarly, just because it's the future, Fry makes out with a radiator because he assumes it's a radiator woman from a radiator planet and only registers his need for medical treatment until AFTER this is pointed out to him.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

The best part was Bender's disgusted sigh when Leela attempted to make small talk.

Also, I want to know which Futurama writer has the obsession with clown jokes and buy that man a beer.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

Martytoof posted:

I'm starting to put my finger on what I dislike about bender lately. The writing for his character was okay this episode, but dimaggio's voicing of him seems to have gotten a little growlier and deeper in some ways.
He's also changed the voice so that it normally sounds a lot more like it did when Bender was convicted for pimping ("sh'up behbeh, I know it.") Fortunately, I think it's hilarious.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

Cardboard Box posted:

Kind of surprised to see all the backlash this episode has gotten. It was definitely a lower-tier episode, but I think Attack of the Killer App and That Darn Katz were both worse. Honestly, it was about on-par with other Leela-centric pure comedy episodes, like A Leela of Her Own. Which, although I don't mind it, I know many consider one of the worst episodes of the series, so what do I know? V:v:V
Sorry, but "clown fundamentals" is one of the best jokes of the entire series.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

I'm terrible at math, so a bunch of Futurama jokes fly by me, but Presidents? Oh man. I was dying throughout the whole episode. It's probably one of my all-time favorites.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

My favorite "Fry is stupid" thing is him being in 20th Century History and FORGETTING WHAT A TELEVISION IS! It's like, his sole reason for existing and he can't remember what it's called.

That or radiator woman from the radiator planet.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

What a loving great episode. The progression of Fry's sickness ala "Circusitis" was wonderful. The cactus line might be the funniest Fry line of the season.

Am I right in how I interpreted the ending? Since Farnsworth got scratched, and Zoidberg's head got cracked, wouldn't that mean Zoidberg is effectively sacrificing his chance at being cured by giving the brain to Farnsworth?

Man, what a great show.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

Practical Demon posted:

Hmm? No, he sacrificed his tanning coupon to Mom for the head. That's all he gave up.
Right. I'm just saying, why show the crack in Zoidberg's skull? He's gonna get the disease too, but he values friendship over anything. Even his own (eventual) mortality.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

Manos del Sino posted:

You're probably just overthinking it. There's never been a documented case of lobster-yetism.
Known to man, maybe! Alien doctors on the other hand...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Which reminds me of one of my favorite exchanges, when the Planet Express ship crashes through the roof, Hermes turns to Zoidberg and snaps,"That's coming out of YOUR paycheck!"
This is one of my all-time funniest things. The best part is how Zoidberg doesn't even object. He just accepts responsibility and immediately starts bawling.

• Locked thread