Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
as not a particularly huge fan of dubstep, I found myself absolutely enthralled to find out about jazzstep, and have been listening to a bit of Silkie:

The Horizon

Jazz Dubstep

So good. I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

infinity2005 posted:

You actually like ACTUAL dubstep. Sorry if it hurts your credibility or something.

Btw i hadn't of Kastle at all until i bought that latest EP, it's outstanding work. Silkie's album's out today and i'm not sure how much new work is on it compared to just a compilation of the City Limits but it should be interesting. Plus i think SBTRKT has an album out today or next Monday as well.

I'm not saying it like it's a bad thing to like dubstep, I just like the fusion of jazz and dubstep that Silkie has going on. It's pretty sweet. :)

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

If you like the more jazzy stuff you should check out Broken Beat. Full of jazziness, soulness and funkiness. Might be too awesome for some people though. Some folks ain't got no soul.

I actually have listened to some broken beat stuff, like 4hero. Pretty chill. He did a remix of a Fragile State song that took the beat from a downtempo lounge-y track to a danceworthy soulful 6 minutes of awesome.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
Was told to come over here, but I'm really digging Disclosure. Boiling rocks my poo poo, as does What's In Your Head.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
Going to see Disclosure live tomorrow. I am so loving excited.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

deadbian posted:

Where at? I really hope they come to the DC metropolitan area sometime.

Eugene, Oregon. They'll be up in Portland tomorrow, but I'm off to dance!

And they got postponed to May 28th due to passport issues. Getting my refund now.

Azure_Horizon fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Apr 18, 2013

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
God, I can't stop playing You & Me by Disclosure. That song is fire. I guess I can forgive them for rescheduling their gig here.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
Just saw Disclosure while rolling. God drat that blew my loving mind away.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

deadbian posted:

How are they live? Do they do any mixing? How are their sets?

They're fantastic live. They didn't front-end all of their singles and did some DnB in between the breaks. They also busted out their drums and bass guitar for some of the bangers. They did change up a few of their singles, but blended them pretty drat well.

The older brother kept thanking us, but all I could hear towards the back was "gently caress YOU" instead of "Thank you!" and I really wish he'd said the former before dropping the beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
Just checked out silkie's The Lost Tapes Vol. 1 EP. Time Delay is awesome as gently caress.

• Locked thread